Cleared Up!

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by USAF.07, Mar 29, 2005.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Not really, it hasnt even been a month.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

i've downloaded the same shit as you
    it's not plaser
    accept it

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

i've downloaded the same shit as you
    it's not plaser
    accept it [/b][/quote]
    No need to be harsh, man.

Melonman64

Melonman64 Well-Known Member

yeah, i have that same "Plaster"
    all it is is 2 seconds shorter and a bit softer
    just a person who played the CD in the computer and recorded it on to their computer with a microphone

ArshenMazer

ArshenMazer Active Member

Ahh I love reading this thread..I really do

I am 90% sure I have this mythic "Paranoia" demo...I am not exactly sure on this but I am mostly sure...sounds like it may have been done before HTEP as well due to the way Mike raps and how Mark(I believe it si him..it may be Chester putting that theory to rest) screams and sings and junk...

I had this "Plaster" song once...then my computer fried and I lost it...from what I remember the lyrics were the some..it just sounded softer and something else about it was strange as well...

I have 4 APFMH demos...One of them being slightly diffrent than the other...well 3 of them at least...the fourth is a 1999 studio recorded demo...its hard to understand the lyrics..but it is diuffrent than the others...Im trying to figure them out but its hard...I do know at the second verse it starts off "Soon you'll find that the weapon of time is stronger than a nucular bomb" or something liek that....

I, strangly, have 4 By Myself demos...First is Super Xero then there is the By Myself demo 1 and then the By Myself demo 2, and the 3rd one sounds like the first one without the begining and a little...quieter...Im not sure if that one is real or not...but yeah...

Quick question though...how many Points of Authority demos are there? I have 2

USAF.07

USAF.07 Well-Known Member

There are supposedly 3 Points of Authority demos according to Tasta, but only 2 are in public circulation so no use hunting for the 3rd.

That's interesting about you thinking you have Paranoia, sounds like it could be warped by a fan but you never know. That's what's hard about some of these demos, there's no guide book or reliable source outside of LP themselves to confirm which demos are authentic and which are not...fustrating but makes for an interesting mystery lol, I've been "demo hunting" now almost for 4 years and still songs come up that I don't have.

I do believe one thing about Plaster and Paranoia however, if these rare demos appeared on any p2p network, we would all have them by now and there would be no mystery...so I don't believe some people here who honestly truely believe they have one or both these demos when they found it on Limewire or something.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The 3rd one is almost identical to the Hybrid Theory version anyway from what I hear. It was on a promo cassette that was released when the band was still called Hybrid Theory, it had With You and POA on it. With You was the Now I See version, and POA was similar, it was just unmixed or whatever.

I think the 4th By Myself demo is the same as the first one, just with Mike's whispering at the start cut off, so that's probably fake. The Paranoia he has might be the live version from BBC Radio 1 that was on the Crawling single.

ArshenMazer

I am almost sertain this one is the Paranoia papercut demos song...it doesnt sound live at all..it also sounds as if Mark was on this track...but im more than likley wrong on that part...

EDIT: if you are talking on the Crawing enhanced UK single promo thing, my friend has it, I listened to a version of Papercut on that cd, it is infact diffrent than that one...

Astat

Hmm...if it's not the one from the Crawling single, I'm guessing it's either the Papercut (Hell Remix), another fan remix, or a cover.

ArshenMazer

I know it isnt he Hell remix, and I can tell it wasnt made by a fan...and I know it isn't a cover...what could this point to? Possiblyu the Paranoia papercut demo song...

Weird part about this tract...it was called "prctdmo" Untill I change the file name to "Papercut-Demo"

So this could possibly be the Paranoia?

USAF.07

USAF.07 Well-Known Member

Hmm...could be, although like I said we really don't have much to compare it to. Where did you get the original file from?

ArshenMazer

In truth, I found it on a burned cd, in a case, on the side of the road...it had a esaul on there, by myself demo, something that sounded like Plaster, the Papercut demo, It's goin down promo, Forgotten, Rhinestone, Stick n move, Fuse....all kinds of songs were on it...
    Found this about a year back as well

Geki

Geki >.

Why did Linkin Park even make demos in the first place? But anyway, the only demos I have are Esaul and Rhinestone. Why can they just have albums instead of all these live and single albums? Basically their only albums are Hybrid Theory EP, Hybrid Theory, and Meteora. Collision Course shouldn't count as an actual album since it was basically a remix of LP's songs turned rap.

Astat

1. Basically every band demos their songs before going into the studio to record them.

2. Any band that wants commercial success releases singles.

3. Collision Course is an album. "LP's songs turned rap" ...LP is like half rap in the first place, and that is in no way a valid reason not to call it an album.

coma

coma Banned

I agri with you... ^_^