[AUDIO] Until It's Gone - Listen to Linkin Park's New Single from The Hunting Party

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 5, 2014.

1. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I definitely enjoyed 'Until Its Gone' a lot more than 'BURN IT DOWN'. Cringe-worthy rap delivery, droning electronic elements that were fucking never-ending. I was actually surprised that the song gained the amount of attention it did. Some of the remixes out there blew the original out of the water.

2. Residentturdface

Residentturdface Well-Known Member

i hope they release multitracks for this one

3. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I find them equally empty and inane.

4. Snail

'Until Its Gone' - 6/10

'BURN IT DOWN' - 4/10 - quite possibly my least favourite release from the band. Fuck this song.

5. Luddz

Luddz From Sweden

I see alot of dislikes about the lyrical content. Sure enough the lyrics are simplistic but that is not to say they are without depth. The way i interpret the song is that you're not only saying goodbye to someone close to you, but more along the lines of someone realizing that they are holding the person in question back and the harsh truth is that maybe you are both better of alone. The song has a great buildup, a powerfull chorus (As mentioned the mixing could be improved though) and awesome synths/guitars. It is nothing to experimental but all in all a great song. I am certainly looking forward to hearing this one live.

6. Crussong

Crussong Member

After reading many comments about how dissapointed some people are, i can say... i'm not.
    LP fans tend to analyze and compare EVERYTHING to previous stuff. Why is that? Simply enjoy some new music from your favorite band.
    There is "heavy music" all over the world from thousands of bands. We all know LP didnt want to become the band that rerelease the same thing over and over again.
    Until It's Gone is a good song. Chester did a fantastic job showing a lot of his skills in different tones. Yeah, i do miss Mike. BUT, i know he will kick asses when THE HUNTING PARTY hits to stores.
    These are just 2 of 12 tracks from the album. They are solid, they are 'heavier' than what people heard the past few years and we all agree it's a good course they are heading to.

Guys.. it's a new Linkin Park song. Enjoy it :)

7. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Okay guys, the UK iTunes store officially has Until It's Gone for sale and the album for pre-order, and Until It's Gone is 3:53 long.

So was that "leak" with the baby at the end legit after all?

8. Snail

^ It's the Xero baby I tells ya.

9. zorrodude

zorrodude Well-Known Member

I'm not going to judge a song after just listening to it. Trent Reznor once said to listen to a song/album a couple times then walk away for 4 hours, to a day and then listen to it again. Sometimes songs take a little bit to process and set in. I hated "Everything" by Nine Inch Nails when I first heard it. But after a day of not listening to it, I liked it a lot more after hearing it again.

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Does anyone actually capitalize all of Living Things? :WTF:

11. Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Oh boy. People aren't happy with this one! :lol:

anyway, first off let me say I really like the song, but here are my thoughts....

1) It's what I expected. To an extent. I was hoping it would have more of a point of interest in this track. The song structure is good, and so is the solo but it's missing something in the middle or end of the track to make it a classic.

2) It's still heavier than 80% of ATS & LT. Mixing aside, the guitar in this is nice and aggressive, and though the synth hook is louder and take away some of it's punch, at least it isn't octaves.

3) It's not the weakest single Lp has released but It's still more interesting to me than Burn it down, What I've done or Leave out all the rest (though LOATR has better lyrics for sure).

4) The lyrics are bland. true, but I think they serve the song well. I like the 3 word chorus, I've always been a sucker for songs that uses melodies as hooks. Music is more important, but that's just me.

5) it's not at interesting as Guilty all the Same. But I doubt it was intended to be.

That being said, I too wish LP would once and for all leave their pop sensibilities aside and make something that doesn't cater too closely to radio but ill forgive them for this if it's just one radio friendly song the whole of the album that's pretty nice going. Considering LT had like 6 potential hits! (Half the album!)

And again, of course this is just my opinion. But it's still more interesting than 90% of what's on the radio these days! :lol:

12. Orange Box Nerd

Orange Box Nerd Drop the Keys to the Kingdom

link for spotify?

13. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

[​IMG]

14. SigmaZero

SigmaZero Well-Known Member

Finally just got to hear it. Good song. I like it. I did expect it to be more interesting. Overall, it's just nice to finally have another song after 2 months.

15. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

So I finally had the chance to listen to the song and although I'm kind of late to the party here are my thoughts: I like GATS better. I don't think this is a bad song and I think it'll grow on me as time goes by. I hated Burn It Down but with time I thought it's an OK song. The mix sounds weird and I noticed a lot of you did talk about it. I don't know why it sounds so muffled. Lyrically it's weak, but that's always been a issue with LP except for A Thousand Suns. Rob's drumming stands out once again. Overall, it's not a bad song but I don't know if it'll be a mainstream success. This is probably the "softest" song in the album so I'm looking forward to the rest of the album.

16. TheLPStanFan

TheLPStanFan Well-Known Member

Burn It Down is the worst Linkin Park song to date.
    2/10.
    UIG is far superior IMO.

17. Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Obviously you never heard In Between.

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Obviously you're not familiar with people having their own opinion.

19. Orange Box Nerd

i agree, In Between is probably the worst song they ever written, let alone the most boring one.

20. Orange Box Nerd

most preorder now!