19.06.2011 - Oberursel, Germany

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Tonight Linkin Park will play Oberursel, Germany where they'll play the Hessentag State Fair Festival. This is their second of four shows in Germany this Summer and also marks their third Projekt Revolution show of the tour, with one more remaining in Munich on June 25th.

This show follows last nights show in Leipzig, Germany where the band switched things up again and came out with a new set. The set which started with The Requiem and Papercut also included Burning In The Skies, Breaking The Habit and an awesome inclusion of Blackout, which came in the encore of the set, following Wisdom, Justice And Love & Iridescent. Blackout was first featured in the encore in Detroit, Mi on January 25th 2011, so it's great to see it return to the closing tracks of the set.

The set may sound familiar and that's because it is. Linkin Park first used this set on February 1st 2011 in Boston, MA, except they have simply replaced Shadow Of The Day with Blackout for this updated reincarnation.

Having both Blackout and Burning In The skies is a special occurrence as it's the first show to include both songs since Canberra, Australia on December 16th 2010! What also made this a special performance of Blackout is it's the first time bassist, Dave "Phoenix" Farrell has used a customised Star Labs Ztar for the performance, you can check out more about his custom "Z6X" in this news article we featured in February.

[youtube]AkeT0srpUe0[/youtube]
    Blackout performed 18.06.2011, courtesy of Besserwissertyp

In arguably the best set of the tour so far, it's great to see the band constantly changing up sets and switching out songs for others. Who knows if the band have even more up their sleeve for the next shows of the tour. What did you think of the set and what do you want to see the band include next? With a total of 6 A Thousand Suns songs played in Leipzig, Wretches & Kings, The Messenger and Robot Boy are the only songs left to be played at all on this tour from the album.

After this show the band will have a day off as they head to Hamburg, Germany on June 21st for the LPU Summit which is the only show of the four German shows that isn't a Projekt Revolution date.

Who's going to see Linkin Park in Oberursel? Let us know on the LPA Forums below, along with any other thoughts on this show or the tour.

Setlist:

01. The Requiem
    02. Faint
    03. Lying From You
    04. Given Up
    05. What I've Done
    06. No More Sorrow
    07. From The Inside
    08. Jornada Del Muerto
    09. Waiting For The End
    10. Burning In The Skies
    11. Numb
    12. The Radiance
    13. Iridescent
    14. Fallout
    15. The Catalyst
    16. Shadow Of The Day
    17. In The End
    18. Bleed It Out (Reading My Eyes 1st verse, drum solo & A Place For My Head over bridge)
    -------------
    19. Empty Spaces
    20. When They Come For Me
    21. Papercut
    22. New Divide
    23. Crawling
    24. One Step Closer

Source: Thanks to BlackChester for the updates!

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

That was by far the best performance of Blackout from LP...better than even LA. But man, Blackout has some amazing backgrounds!!!
    We are definitely going to have to find a close up image of Phoenix using his Ztar.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

As much as that Blackout performance tops those before, I gotta say Chester should have sang 'Fuck it are you listening' instead of handing out his mic to the crowd, I miss that. :p
    PS: Blackout live in Madison Square Garden is actually really good, so I'll say they're close.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
    Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I feel like he actually forgot the lyrics again. You could hear everyone around kind of laughing at that moment. And MSG's screams just weren't as perfect as last nights.

thepixelpod

thepixelpod TF3

don{t looks like he forget the lyrics bcuz he put the microphone to the crowd

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I gotta admit, I find it extremely odd how LP played Blackout last show which is a song that they like playing (according to Mike) and then didn't play it the next day. Especially because they played it so well. I guess Chester must LOVE playing Shadow of the Day? I dunno. :lol:

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

what a kick ass performance :) lets see what the summit brings tomorrow :) cannot wait to see them live again :)

RoyHahn

RoyHahn Well-Known Member

This is going to be my first live concert by them. I mean the one in hamburg tomorrow.
    I can't wait!
    I LOVE everything they do.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Why have the band randomly stopped playing W&K?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.