05.27.2012 - Landgraaf, Netherlands - Pinkpop Festival 2012

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Tomorrow Linkin Park will play the second show of their international Summer Tour which began yesterday at Lisbon, Portugal at the Rock in Rio Festival. The performance which will take place at the Megaland in Landgraaf, Netherlands will be Linkin Park's 4th time playing in the Netherlands and 2nd time playing the Pinkpop Festival following a performance on May 28th, 2007. This would have been the band's third time at this festival; however an appearance scheduled in 2003 was canceled.

The band are coming off a firecracker show in Lisbon, Portugal at the Rock In Rio Festival on May 26th, where they debuted an energetic new set that kept fans on their toes and brought back several Hybrid Theory classics that made the show very energetic from start to finish. The set was very well received by fans with a number of notable highlights including the first ever live performance of LIES GREED MISERY (which debuted on radio two days ago) as well as a new opener that put fan favorite A Place For My Head next to the band's other hard rock hits "Given Up", "Faint", "With You" and "Runaway" (as well as many more).

[video=youtube;xlIoSHS9Xgo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlIoSHS9Xgo[/video]​

During the promotional period for LIVING THINGS the band has stated on numerous occasions that they wish to return to energetic setlists, and to bring more excitement into their live shows. With this new setlist, it certainly seems the band is keeping true on that promise, and it will be curious to see what will happen after the June 26th release of LIVING THINGS, when several high energy songs from the album will be introduced into the Honda Civic tour setlists. Will we see even more live debuts before LIVING THINGS' release, or will the future setlists remain similar to this one? Only time will tell.

After this show the band will head to Skive, Denmark to play the Skive Festival on Wednesday, May 30th.

There are number of ways to watch the live stream for Pinkpop tonight, but whether Linkin Park's performance will air is unknown as it isn't listed in some schedules. Also, some streams require you to be in the Netherlands to watch unfortunately. View the time Linkin Park will perform and broadcast links below. We'll keep you updated as to whether it's going to air.

Update: Cultura24 have stated they are trying to get permission to broacast Linkin Park and they will keep us updated via @Cultura24 @3voor12

Update: According to @3voor12 on Twitter, it seems Cultura24 couldn't secure permission to live stream the performance and most likely won't be happening unfortunately.

9:15PM CEST | 8:15PM BST | 3:15PM EDT | 12:15PM PDT

PINKPOP - SETLIST

Be sure to discuss the show on the LPA Forums, let us know if you're going and feel free to send show updates and images to @LPAssociation during the show.

cloudscream

cloudscream Static

LIES GREED MISERY like a boss

LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

This sounds fucking awesome live, and i'm happy they played alot of old songs, when i go in aug at jones beach i hope they play alot of the old songs 2.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Wow, the mixing on that performance was awful. :lol:

Hopefully we'll get a better recording with a proper mix.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

DSP's are confirmed for this European tour by Pooch, so we'll get our high quality. :)

dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

Will be leaving for Pinkpop in 2 hours..

Haven't slept all night because I'll be attending the M&G today :p

Don't know if it's possible for me to upload pics during the show but I'll most certainly do so when I'm back home!

LPFreakification

LPFreakification Well-Known Member

wow the performance was amazing! but i felt that the music was louder than Chester.

Rezanator

Rezanator Well-Known Member

Here is the link to the full concert in proshot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1_O3fr74N4&feature=related

LGM sounded really good live and I was playing it really loud in my home theater system and it sounded even more incredible. Chester's voice is really clear. I don't know what's the deal with the other video, but it doesn't sound as good. As for the concert itself, it was loaded with old songs which was great. But I felt the middle part of the show dragged a bit. They need to remove Crawling from the set because Chester cannot sing the song like it was recorded. Other than that, a very good show and the band sounded really good.

LinkinHypi

LinkinHypi Active Member

A Place For My Head intro was epic! Anyway, i hope the Pinkpop show will be streamed! If so, my dad is going to record it so we can all have it! Can't wait to see the guys on stage tonight!

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

It's nice to see that they still can play their old songs so well!
    But i have to admit that this setlist has too much meteora, u could easily find some better songs, that could get the crowd wild from their newer albums, like Wretches and kings, when they come for me, no more sorrow anything (haven't seen the full show yet through) And why do they stil play songs like Crawling, Chester can barely hit the notes in that song, it doesn't sound close to the actual song, so just cut it off the setlist already, and Runaway is a fucking terrible written song, Forgotten/By myself/OSC > Runaway

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I'm loving the guitar in the chorus. It's incredible that they're going to back up such a huge performance last night with another one tonight.

VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

Pinkpop will be livestreamed via Cultura24, but you can only watch in The Netherlands. I'm sure someone will record it :)

RoyHahn

RoyHahn Well-Known Member

Everyone who said Chesters voice is gone. Go into the next corner and cry.

Drunkn Munky

Drunkn Munky Active Member

Awesome Show! I really appreciate that they put more meteora songs back in line :nyan:
    Can someone tell me which song it is they play before WFTE ( yeah i know its the apaches intro but i cant find the song :WTF:)
    I thought at first that it sounded beastie boys like but i'm not quite sure.

Spooky

Spooky Well-Known Member

I am from the netherlands and I can watch this live on TV. there is also a website with a livestream. don't know if its available for all of you http://www.cultura24.nl/ .. I can't record of my tv. I really want to watch it on tv. otherwise i would have recorded the livestream.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Wow, 2 streams in 2 days, good times :D

I can watch it from Belgium too.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Its a verse from "UNTIL IT BREAKS" from the new album. :)

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Cultura24 have stated they're working on getting the live stream for Linkin Park and will update when they have permission. Details in first post.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Wow it would be awesome if we got another stream.. Let's see if it works..

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Sure about this? Cant find anything on 3voor12.nl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.