'X-Box 360' or 'PS3'

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Bradley, Nov 28, 2010.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Can't forget about the Uncharted series either. Fucking amazing

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Which Marky Mark will kindly ruin for us :/

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

I don't care how bad the movie is it will never ruin the games for me

MaiMeR

MaiMeR The Technique

LoL ok

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

PS3 FTW!!!!!

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Incorrect. XBOX 360 S "FTW". The PS3 is the illegitimate child between a PS2 and a Sony Blu-Ray player. An XBOX 360 S is Microsoft pimpin' out an already pretty awesome XBOX 360, and, as if it can't get better, they add a matte black finish and touch sensitive buttons to it. As for the game system itself...I got tired of playing games with a lot of fluidity with PS's "linear" controllers - I like XBOX controllers' curves, mmm.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I've tried both the new PS3 and XBOX sensor motion games out now, and I have to say XBOX Kinect has better features.

If I play games I play racing games like Project Gotham and Blur which are easiest used (controller wise) on 360.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
    iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

I my god I can not tell anyone enough how much I hate the ps3 controller... I feel like i could crush it in my hand.

BTW I just saw that we live in the same city

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Halo vs Uncharted 2, MGS, Killzone and God Of War 3?

Halo's good, but it's not that good :p

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Online Halo multiplayer > You.

Just from a sheer fun perspective. :p

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

As far as online goes, the Xbox 360 is great if you're into online gaming, but expect to pay a fee. The PS3's online community isn't as robust but it's free. Playstation Plus has a couple perks to it but you'd have to decide on your own if it's worth the premium. As for the consoles themselves, it depends on what type of games you like. Nowadays most big budget titles are multi-platform so you won't have to worry about exclusives all that much (DLC is another story). On the 360 you're definitely going to find a variety of titles but if you're looking for different and unique games, the PS3 is the better option. If you're only interested in the big budget titles though, you'll find little difference between the two consoles, but be aware that often times the PS3 gets the short end of the stick due to lazy/inexperienced programming. However if you're looking to expand your interests, the PS3 is without a doubt the console to go with. Games like Flower, Little Big Planet, Demon's Souls, Heavy Rain, the PixelJunk series are just a few of the titles that offer anything but run-of-the-mill experiences and titles like 3D Dot Game Heroes also take a retro concept and make it even greater. I've yet to find similar games on the 360. Again though, if you're just into the big budget titles, there's really no difference nowadays. It's all personal preference.

And just to flame the fires of the fanboy war: Anyone who says the 360 controller is good must not be from the NES/SNES generation. The directional pad is a joke and acts more like a third joystick than an actual d-pad. In their redesign of the controller they tried to "fix" it, but it still works like a joystick. Microsoft just doesn't get it. I agree that the PS3 controller is pretty small in comparison but it's better equipped for multipurpose use. Playing anything other than shooting games with the 360 controller is a pain in the ass. :lol:

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

The 360 d-pad is just... yeah. Or no, even.

Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

PS3 but just because I'm sold to sony since the beginning of time.

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

I agree to disagree. It is a pain in the ass when using a nub to move around. The D-Pad is a pain for the handicaps that use it. I like x-box controller because it is handicap friendly :)

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Why I would choose XBOX 360:

> There are close to 676 games available to Xbox360 users all over the world out of which 117 games are exclusive only to Xbox, 559 games are multiplatform games and 75 games are exclusive only to Xbox 360 console. The PS3 has only 607 games out of which only 9 games are exclusive to the PS3 console.
    > The Xbox 260 250 GB console retails for just $285 where as the PS3 250 GB gaming console retails for a whopping $429. The PS3 with its exorbitant price range remains inaccessible to a majority of gaming enthusiasts who are on a tight budget whereas the Xbox360 which retails at a mere $285 is something that attracts a huge chunk of gaming enthusiasts.
    > Microsoft's 360 offers its users a total of 278.4 GB per second system bandwidth while the PS3 offers only a total of 48 GB per second. This means Xbox 360 offers you better performance in comparison to its counterpart, the PS3 which is very important for avid gamers and thus making the Xbox 360 a clear must buy.
    > The Xbox 360 Elite has an external HD DVD player for a good price.
    > It has a built-in HDMI and it comes with an HDMI cable, unlike the PS3.

And btw I'm from the NES/N64 generation of gamers, and overrall, the PS3 controller continues to annoy me by it's stupidly small design (we are not living in the 90s anymore we're more sophisticated than that) makes me wanna flatten it with a heavy flattening machine so it'll be 2D. The N64 controller design was the best IMO as it wasn't a chunky brick (well it is now but back then it wasn't) expendable memory, rumble pack, trigger happy etc and XBOX 360 IMO are quite like the N64s.

Yes. I just compared the N64 to the 360.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
    Dedicated

Am I the only person that likes the Playstation controllers?

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

No. I have ET proportioned hands and I'm fine with them.

That definitely isn't right.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
    Dedicated

Is it weird that as soon as I saw that Dean had replied I thought the reply would just be a sarcastic "Yes"? :lol:

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

How old are your "facts"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games

I'm counting more than 9 marked as Exclusive

They're both $299 in the US. If there's a price difference in Australia, that's not really relevant to the original poster, who is in Texas.

This is a meaningless statistic without any context. Actually, it's just meaningless. For one, neither system may even come close to using 48 GBPS of bandwidth, making the entire argument, or, the PS3 could use system bandwidth much more efficiently, meaning the PS3 has better performance than the 360 despite lower bandwidth. The PS3 spanks the 360 in every other specification out there.

HD-DVD has been dead for 3 years. The HD-DVD drive is no longer being sold, nor are HD-DVD movies. The PS3 has a Blu-ray player built in, no additional hardware required.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. From the start, the PS3 has always had HDMI built in. The 360 only recently got HDMI. And neither of the come with an HDMI cable, besides, HDMI cables are available for $5.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I like it, but I'm not sure if that stems from good design or me just getting used to it over time (the dual shock is how many years old?).

And really, Sarah . . . HD-DVD? :p