Wrestling / MMA

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Joe, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

We've been getting TNA on The Wrestling Channel over here for a while now, but we're like a month behind in the tapings, so it's hard to watch it when i get the results online everyday, hopefully we'll get it sorted so it's up to date soon.

... but TNA on TV is always a good thing.

2. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

**SPOILERS** WWE SmackDown! Taping Results
    Written by Matt Boone on July 26, 2005 at 22:06:05
    The following report was written by Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com:

*Smackdown General Manager Teddy Long came out to announce the main event for Summerslam when JBL came to the ring and said that his contract stipulates he gets a rematch with Batista and that makes him the number one contender, not the Undertaker. Long announces JBL vs. Undertaker for later tonight with the winner being the number one contender to Batista's WWE World championship.

*Chris Benoit & Booker T defeated WWE United States champion Orlando Jordan & Christian when Benoit forced Jordan to tap out to the Crippler Crossface. Christian had the chance to save Jordan but instead walked out.

*Backstage Road Warrior Animal told Heidenreich it was time for the "next step" and began shaving his hair into a mohawk.

*WWE World Tag Team champions Road Warrior Animal & Heidenreich defeated Chris Hamrick & Chuck Tealy (name here may be wrong).

*Backstage, MNM announced they had hired a publicist (it was WWE developmental diva Jillian Hall). The publicist announced Melina vs. Torrie Wilson for later tonight.

*Rey Mysterio came out with his son Dominic. Eddie Guerrero came out and said that even though he promised not to reveal the secret, he lied. He reveals that he, not Rey is Dominic's father. Dominic hops the railing and runs away through the crowd, with Rey chasing him. Eddie says that back when he and his wife were separated, he "got a sl** pregnant" with Dominic, and he "out of the goodness of his heart" allowed Rey and his wife to adopt him because they couldn't have children. They played it off like more would be revealed next week.

*Melina (with Jilliam Hall) pinned Torrie Wilson (with Candice Michelle) with her feet on the ropes.

*Backstage, The Mexicools are mistaken to be concession workers.

*William Regal vs. Scotty Too Hotty never took place as The Mexicools came out carrying concession items and attacked them both. Psicosis shoved the referee as well.

*JBL pinned The Undertaker to become the number one contender to the WWE World championship after Randy Orton hit Taker with an RKO.

3. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

You copied all of that from impactwrestling.com,I know because I was just there :lol:

And Joe we started off getting TNA 7 months behind :lol:

It switched to about a month now so its steadily increasing,who knows,maybe we'll get it a week later :lol:

4. Joe

I could have guessed this was the "secret" Eddie was talking about. I think it's stupid, what happened to the good old trash talking - brawl concept. It's like something you'd see in a soap, it doesn't surprise me though in the WWE. Hopefully it will lead to some good matches none the less.

5. Luke

I miss the good ol' federation days where every raw and smackdown had a special match like TLC or cage or last man standing.In wwe now you'll be lucky to see that even at a PPV.

6. Cale.

Cale. Banned

That's what happens when there is no serious competition. If only the WCW was still around :(

7. Luke

Well WCW went down hill towards the end.Hell in 1999 they had Juventud Fucking Guerrera (now in WWE part of 'The Mexicools') as the world champion.Come on.

8. Cale.

Cale. Banned

I guess so. But it was more popular than TNA is currently, although it will probably grow with the Spike TV timeslot.

Do you know of any sites that explain how the split-roster came about? I kind of switched off the wrestling scene when it happened so I don't know the full story, or was it a kind of abrupt move by Vince?

9. Luke

Breaking News:

BROCK LESNAR OFFERED NEW WWE CONTRACT

From WWE.com:

Good,WWE suffered a blow when both Lesnar and Goldberg left after Wrestlemania 20.

10. User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Brock Lesnar is an amazing wrestler. It'll be good to see him back in the ring.

That happened a few years ago when Flair and McMahon were both GMs, or something along those lines. There was something like a power struggle between both of them, so they split the roster into RAW and Smackdown!.

It was a few years ago, so I can't quite remember all of the details.

11. Luke

Yeah well WWE need to focus on bringing people in rather than firing an eighth of the fucking roster :lol:

12. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

PWScoops.com

13. Luke

Thats creepy because I just read that exact same bit of writing on the IGN forums :lol:

Chris wont leave,he'll take a little time off but he wont leave WWE.

14. Luke

2 WWE Names Returning

From PWinsider.com:

Its also a 50-50 situation wether Jericho is staying or not,hes been telling his friends he's gonna sign and yet the contract extension he was offered 2 months ago still remains unsigned.

15. Joe

Great news, they're both great talent if they are used properly, hopefully this time round they will be. Excellent stuff. :D

16. Luke

Great news, they're both great talent if they are used properly, hopefully this time round they will be. Excellent stuff. :D [/b][/quote]
    Yeah but the name Spanky pisses me off and so does the name of his finisher,Sliced Bread #2 :angry: :lol:

17. Joe

Jericho Dismisses Reports Of Him Leaving WWE

This was posted on WWE.com.

18. Luke

Good,WWE need to bring people in instead of firing people so its good Chris is staying.

19. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

What can I say.

Jericho fucking rocks.

20. Luke

On Raw it was announced that Matt hardy is back with WWE and he'll face Edge one on one at summerslam.