The Most Disappointing Album of 2005

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Justin, Jul 1, 2005.

Justin

Justin See you there

First of all, you must own the entire album. You're also not allowed to put down albums released in 2005 by artists that you have never liked. No flaming. Also state reasons why you dislike the album.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

50 Cent - The Massacre

After a strong showing with his previous work, 50 Cent came up short. There are only 3 tracks I can bear to listen to on this album out of the 22. Ski Mask Way, A Baltimore Love Thing, and the remix to Hate It Or Love It.

Production was descent. 50's performence wasn't.

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

yeh same here. Except i didnt like one single song on the album.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Physically own? Or have in your possesion digitally?

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Adema - Planets.

Barricades in Time was great, I was pumped for the album but then it was 16 tracks of crap :(

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

I'm not sure what I was disappointed by. I should check that thread for releases I made.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

Physically own? Or have in your possesion digitally? [/b][/quote]
    i think he just means that youve had it in a way that youve listened to the entire album, or so im assuming.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan

Not one catchy song...

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Adema - Planets.

I liked "Barricades of Time", but the rest of the album was very disappointing and I hated it the new vocalist. (*waits for Ant*. :lol:)

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Probably "You're Speaking My Language" by Juliette & The Licks. Just so different from their sound on the EP, which I loved to death.

And then "With Teeth" to a degree.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Norma Jean - Oh God the Aftermath

Like Adema to some people here, the new vocalist just didn't live up to the shoes he was trying to fill in. Plus, the new record just sounded way to polished compared to Bless the Martyr and Kiss the Child.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I agree. Don't get me wrong, I love NIN to death, but With Teeth was fun to listen to after the first 10 times I heard it. I havn't heard that CD in a while.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

i agree. i actually havent heard the whole album though. my friend ended up buying it after i told him not to because they didnt sound the same, but he bought it anyway and was disappointed.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Hey, nothing wrong with having an opinion. I never disagreed with someone's opinion about the new Adema here, just the way they chose to express it.

Anyways, here goes...

Seether: "Karma & Effect"
    TRUSTcompany: "True Parallels"
    Dark New Day: "12 Year Silence"

Probably because I wanted to like them all but they all were emmense letdowns.

Jawsome

Jawsome Well-Known Member

Trust Company - Musically it sounded great, but I didn't like the vocals / lyrics nearly as much as their first album, little over produced if you ask me.

Adema - What can I say, I think they were alot better with marky and the other guitarist, they used to be one of my favorite bands.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

Nine inch nails - With teeth

It is one the best albums to come out this year, but compair it to the fragile or the Downward spiral and it doesn't compete. With teeth just sounds like your average rock record, I didn't see any spark in it unlike NIN's older releases.

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

50 Cent - The Massacre

The way he hyped up this album, I was expecting GRODT to be crushed. This CD had at most 5 good songs.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Limp Bizkit-The Unquestionable Truth part 1

2 of the 7 songs were good,the rest sounded like R.A.T.M. who I don't like listening to.

Adema-Planets

Adema just sound crap without their old singer,their new singer sounds like Derek from Sum 41 at times :mellow:

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

so true

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

as i went through my iTunes with the albums of 2005 I have, i really think that 2005 has/is been one of the best years for CDs. new System of a Down, new cKy, new Seether, new Mudvayne, new Static-X, Stutterfly debut, new As I Lay Dying, etc... and this only as we enter the second half of the year, we still have ANOTHER new System of a down, Fort Minor, possibly a new Linkin Park, new Taproot, new Disturbed, new Ill Nino, new Dope(which i have NOW, but it will still be a great release, promise), new 30 Second To Mars, new Cold, new Staind, new Sevendust and new In Flames..... damn, what a great year!!!!!!

but from what we already have out, these are the two albums i found to leave a bitter taste in my mouth:

Ying Yang Twins - United States Of Atlanta (U.S.A.)
    - with this CD, I felt like there was something just missing from the usual Ying Yang twin stuff, iono really what i'm looking for, but i feel a void when listening to this CD.... maybe it's partially because they make a comment about Pontiac(not directly), and that's my favorite car company, lol....... the CD is bassy as hell though, so that's a plus :D

Adema - Planets
    - like everyone else has been saying, it really is not "Adema" anymore, I miss Marky, hopefully he will surface again(if he hasn't already, i haven't really followed his departure) in a good band. and yes, Barricades in Time is the only song on that CD i can tolerate, glad i only downloaded that one, it woulda been a waste of $15-20