Not One Damn Dime

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Jan 12, 2005.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Not One Damn Dime

Now, I don't like the War in Iraq, although I do like the fact that we removed Saddam, but that's beside the point.

Anyways, this is just fucking dumb. I'm sure some of you will/might agree with this site, but come on.

Keep in mind this is only for commerical items, not for bills and whatnot.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Hm, I boycott the stores everyday. :lol: I never buy anything.

I half-agree with the site, I just dont know how much of a difference it will make.

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

I spend my money on four major things:

Food (for myself and for friends)

Gas (durrrrr, so expensive :chemist: )

Bowling (the sport of kings)

Video games (the arcade's my most common haunt, and would ya guess that it's the ICL arcade at the airport? Talk about irony :D )

Anything else is a rarity, although not completely unheard of...and even then, I end up spending all my cash :lol:

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

When will people learn that things like this will never work. People have schedules and they need to carry them out. Some protesting hippies aren't going to stop everybody in America from buying anything. Besides, if everybody refrained from purchasing goods in the US for one day, it wouldn't do much. It would just set everything a day back moneywise.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great idea. I believe it to be idealistic however. Most Americans would not want to go out of their way to make such a strong statement and would rather live in their egocentric isolationist ways.

This program attacks the major supporters of the tyrant that started this war directly: the big busineses. It could have massive effects if it was demonstrated on a large scale.

I don't believe it will work, only because people will refuse to give up their easy lifestyle.

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

I don't care whether it's idealistic or not, I'm going to participate.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

I don't have anything else going on that day....why not?

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

I participate in it everyday. :lol:

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I think this is rediculous.

bongmaster

bongmaster Active Member

:argh: I've read about this. I think its pathetic.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

This reminds me of they 'full up and run' day where they encouraged people to fill up their gas tank and leave before paying to protest high gas prices. These people who dream up these 'protests' know jack shit about protesting. In order to protest the war in Iraq, what they need to do is stop pulling stupid ass stunts, and get celebrities to help voice their opinions.

Because face it, people almost always listen to celebrities. Once the word gets around and people talk abuot it more, Bush might notice something. But not buying anything won't do anything. All it will do is put everything a day behind in funding. That will not stop a war.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

But I need new shoes damnit.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

"I am a Democrat, even though I am not old enough to vote. As such, I have to tell you one simple thing that you may or may not agree with. In fact, I am guessing that you will not agree with it. You are all fucking mad. I might not have voted for Bush should I have had the chance to vote, but I am not going to 'not buy' something on his inauguration day just because he was re-elected. We are going to have to put up with him for another four years, so get fucking used to it and stop trying to protest in the most asinine ways possible. March on fucking Washington, you dumbasses. Do not tell everyone to 'not buy' anything on his inauguration day, because that will not do a damn thing. No wonder everyone hates Liberals and are starting to think that all Democrats are Liberals. You give us a bad name. You fucking idiots. Get a clue and get out of the political system before you are bit on the ass by a spider that you cannot squash with a newspaper."

I sent them that.

LP_Freak_2735

LP_Freak_2735 Well-Known Member

I'm in.

It sounds like a GREAT idea! :D

I put the link in my info on AIM.

Loads of people read it.

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

i dont see the point. sure some of us might not want to see President Bush get the presidency back, but if we dont spend any money on inaguration day. that could hurt the economy. and the money we spend wouldnt go directly to them, most of it goes to the companies. only our tax money goes to the government....for the most part.

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

I have about 150 dollars, but it's for a new amp, so I won't be spending shit on Inauguration Day.

Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

:D Will Rocks!

This is impossible for me. I have a final that day. Meaning I have to get to school, meaning I have to take the CTA (Public Transportation in Chicago) meaning I have to pay. Anyways, as Will says, it does not make sense. It will do absolutely nothing. Its too late to make a change, we've accepted that he's won, he also cannot be re-elected again. So its senseless.

jasper

jasper Member

I've heard about this for awhile now and a part of me supports it whole heartedly but another part of me doubts how well it will work. I for one kind of HAVE to spend money tomorrow- I have to go to school then work and then I have to drive to my parents house.
    And as for trying to get people to become involved in it, yeah I can do my part but a major part of my job is to GET people to spend money.
    it is a good concept tho.