LPA Monthly Mix-Up August Winner

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Sep 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

When we came up with the idea to hold a monthly remix competition, we were aware of the talent that was out there in the Linkin Park fan community based on the entries in LP's 'Featuring You' contest last summer. We decided to push the creative envelope by introducing themes into the mix, forcing remixers to step outside their comfort zones and try new things, much like Linkin Park had done on A Thousand Suns. While we had our own expectations coming into this contest, we were completely floored by the high quality of submissions in our first Monthly Mix-Up. We would like to thank all contest entrants for their contribution to making our first Monthly Mix-Up a success, and we hope you continue to surprise and entertain us in future iterations of this ongoing competition.

Without further ado, the winner of LPA's first Monthly Mix-Up, for the theme of Dubstep/Dub/Reggae is....

WINNER: Best Asian Ever - Blackout (The Statik Remix)

[youtube]4QB-hRPpeWU[/youtube]​

Best Asian Ever's reinterpretation of Blackout is a sometimes-frantic, sometimes-chilling new twist on the song, featuring dubstep wobbles, synths, up-tempo drums, violins, backing vocals and fantastic vocals manipulation during the song's bridge. BAE went above and beyond what was asked of him and created a dubstep remix worthy of many re-listens. Fantastic job, Ben!

We would also like to acknowledge the work of our two runner-up contestants:

RUNNER-UP: JustinV - Waiting For The End (Dubstep Courier Mix)
    Click here to listen!

Justin earned very positive reviews for his efforts on Waiting For The End, and justifiably so: he spent the better part of four days straight working on the mix! This unique mix incorporated both dubstep AND reggae into the mix, which just goes to show the artistic talent of LPAers. We appreciate your efforts, Justin, and hope to hear from you again!

RUNNER-UP: Xefuzion - When They Come For Me (Xefuzion Remix)
    Click here to listen!

Xefuzion is well-known around the Linkin Park fan community for his great remixes, and his dubstep mix of When They Come For Me is no exception! Featuring sped-up vocals and an absolutely dirty backbeat, the song takes on a very industrial vibe that is fresh and memorable take on the song.

We would like to thank all competition participants for their efforts and simultaneously curse them for making this such a difficult decision to make. You have all set the bar very high for future iterations of Monthly Mix-Up!

Speaking of the future, tune in later today for the reveal of our new Monthly Mix-Up theme!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Tomorrow's announced theme is going to be quite a surprise. Definitely won't be what you guys expect, and it'll really broaden the reach of this competition ;).

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

CONGRATULATIONS!

And Derek, I look forward to it.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Congrats Ben.

Country remix next?!?!?

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Congrats Best Asian Ever and everyone else who entered! I really enjoyed all the submissions! :awesome:

Next contest sounds interesting... :shifty:

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Congrats Ben! There were so many awesome entries, LP should be proud to have such talented fans. :awesome: Well done to everyone that enrtred this contest!

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Congrats!

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

The remix was sick congrats bro!

Jake

Jake Give me reason

Congrats Best Asian Ever, JustinV, and Xefuzion :)

Electro-pop next :awesome:

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Congratz. That remix was dope. :)

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Brilliant! pretty proffesional sounding mixes here. I just wish I could get into Dubstep though. Not my kind of genre. Great work nonetheless.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Keep in mind that it was very tough for us to decide. They were all really good, and we debated on it till the night before. So for anybody who didn't win, please don't let this keep you from entering. We want your submissions for future months!

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Congrats Ben! ^_^

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I'm out of words, amazing!
    So much better than the "official" remixes...

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Awesome remixes, very worthy winner. Look forward to the future themes and remixes. Great work guys.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Sweet remixes! Polka theme contest or we riot!

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Quit these riot consequences will you? :lol:

Thank you LPA for the wonderful competition. I'm so humbled to be the winner :) I really liked the other people's remixes too. They were fantastic. And thank you everyone who has viewed my remix! And I'm so glad Linkin Park made such amazing songs I could work with.

I've said before on youtube that if I'm the winner (or get over 5000 views on the video), I would be posting the instrumental of the song on youtube. I'll be doing that within a week w/ free download.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Awesome job Ben! Congrats!

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

holy fucking shit this winning submission is AMAZING. just recently got into Dubstep and this definitely helps further the enjoyment. I know asking for .mp3s is frowned upon but is is it the same case with these remixes? I really would like to have a copy of this for my own personal collection, same with any of my favorite entries. Or are you guys going to put together a winners collection once you run out of ideas and release an online 'album' of all these remixes? *crosses fingers*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.