Linkin Park's New Album 'One More Light' Has Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 17, 2017.

1. Twintendo

Twintendo Member

Didn't think anyone would notice haha, yes I am, I'm glad you like my videos, but more importantly I'm glad you like Linkin Park ;)

Blake and Alexrednex like this.
  2. Vic

Vic No game no life

Ok, so after listening to this album at night with all lights out and my headphones I felt this very touchy-feely feeling. It's a very special album, you guys should try that if you still feel insecure listening to OML. Cheers.

3. Paree

Paree I love my scars!

I've Even subscribed to you lol. I stopped watching the anime after XY series though.

4. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

So far, OML has been playing repeat 4 times already and it's so good. This is the kind of music I'm looking forward from the band. It is Pop indeed but better than Maroon 5's latest singles (Dont Wanna Know and Cold).

5. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Sorry For Now is the only song on the album that I can say I really like a lot. There are others that are interesting to me (Nobody Can Save Me, Halfway Right, Sharp Edges surprisingly) but I don't like them as much as Sorry For Now.

Halfway Right in particular has a very weird vibe to it that I actually find really intriguing. If it weren't for the silly na-na-na-na bridge sections I would put it up there with Sorry For Now. They could have just repeated the "Now I remember" lines in those parts and it would have been better -.-

Despise is a strong word, but I can't help but cringe a little bit at Heavy/Good Goodbye/Battle Symphony despite them being "catchy" sounding. Maybe just "single-syndrome" on those but I am skipping them pretty much every single time.

I am indifferent regarding Invisible/Talking to Myself. They're just ok I guess.

One More Light is such a different song I don't even know what to say about it. It feels like its own entity, not even part of the album. Very touching. Really good song.

First LP album where I have only really liked 1 or 2 songs. It's not a bad album, just wish they had done more of the outside-the-box type stuff we saw on Sorry For Now/Halfway Right. If we had an entire album of THAT I'd be 100% on board.

6. Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

This album is the most emotional linkin park album yet

7. SeL

SeL Active Member

I really like the album and I was let down a little bit by heavy and battle symphony but the album is way better than i expected!! For me the songs right now from best to worse is:
    One More Light
    Sharp Edges
    Talking To Myself
    Sorry For Now
    Invisible
    Good Goodbye
    Nobody Can Save Me
    Heavy
    Battle Symphony
    Halfway Right

8. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Who knows what is considered explicit. Three Days Grace's first album had a track that said the S word like 10-15 times but the album wasn't labeled as explicit. It always confused me as to how they determine what they can label as explicit and not.

Sasuke and Deliveranze like this.
  9. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I listened once, I fuck with the album. I wish for many things to be different and have more variety involving structure, musical complexity, etc but I can't expect that from this band. OML would be a straight 10/10 if it were the case because I REALLY enjoy the sound of the album as well as everyone's performance on it. As it is though I enjoy it well enough, I'd say 6/10

10. Gravity_LP

Gravity_LP Well-Known Member

the album is so amazing that i wished that there were more songs on it...damnnnn

11. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Nobody Can Save Me is gooood

SkullDevil217 likes this.
  12. joshtrum

joshtrum Active Member

Objectively:
    NCSM - 8.1/10 - solid song, similar to BS

Good Goodbye - 7/10. Not a bad song, popular with my friends, but the basketball aesthetic + LP makes it feel like they're appealing to NBA to use the music during conference finals

Talking To Myself - 8.5/10 - This is where LP meets pop at a great blend

BS - 7.9/10 - Solid song, but feels more vague to me than its cousin

Invisible - 9/10 - I think the band succeeds when they're more direct with their stories on their lyrics like here

Heavy - 6.5/10 - just falls a little flat. Not bad, but I'm not holding on

Sorry For Now - 9.5/10 - LP meets Owl City meets Chester rapping

Halfway Right - 8.5/10 - personal stories, different sound/r&b not my cup of tea but good song

One More Light - 9.5/10 - I know this sound isn't for everyone, even me, but this is probably one of the better songs the band has made, and subjectively hit me at a time when the lyrics are too real.

Sharp Edges - 7.9/10 - Mumford and sons. Not bad, appropriate closer

Overall: I can't like one LP album over another, but I am glad with the overall sound of the album and I know people hate it, but it's actually solid and is Living Things lite with good lyrics.

I'll give it an 8.5/10

13. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Yep. Plus, the ever changing standards of the music industry help it to make it harder. I mean LP gained the explicit label for a few f bombs on MTM and ATS yet THP managed to evade the label even though there were a lot of f bombs in the first two songs.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  14. rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

I don't understand yet the hype about NCSM. For me it's possible the worst song from the album and the worst opener from a Linkin Park album.

15. SkullDevil217

SkullDevil217 Dork Of Ages

Subjectivity, my friend.

Halfway Dwight likes this.
  16. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

It's definitely a grower. On my first playthrough of the album, it was completely forgettable to me. Second time around, I realized I actually kinda liked it. Third time around, it's a pretty rad track. And so on and so forth.

It'll the different for each person, but every person I've talked to on here have confirmed that the song gets so much better on repeat listens.

17. Blake

Did the physical edition not say explicit? It's the only LP album I never bought but I'm pretty sure those songs are listed as explicit on spotify. I could be wrong though as I don't listen to those songs because they are easily two of the worst songs the band has ever made.

18. Twintendo

Twintendo Member

I know a lot of people are praising the songs melodies and lyrics but think the mixing and production of this album definitely deserves a special mention! There are so many layers to each song and they blend together so well, instead of a wall of noise like LIVING THINGS. My biggest surprise is that the person who mixed LIVING THINGS mixed 5 out of the 10 songs on OML and did a damn good job! Definitely redeemed himself! :D

19. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Haha, yeah no. They said explicit on ITunes, same with Heavy but they didn't warrant any Parental Advisory stickers. Which I can understand for One More Light since fucking and bullshit are used once. But THP said like fuck, fucker, etc. 6 times in a span of 6 minutes. But yep, the last album to get the sticker was ATS.

Blake likes this.
  20. Blake

Anyone feel like Sharp Edges and One More Light should switch places in the track list? One More Light feels like it would be a better closer.