Linkin Park Post Message to Chester Following His Death

Discussion in 'News' started by Louis, Jul 24, 2017.

AThousandLivingThings

AThousandLivingThings Well-Known Member

I hope they continue, for just one reason:
    Even if they do it under a different name, imagine going to their concert and sing together for Chester, with all the other LP fans...

iamsatan and LohithMohan like this.
    LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

I just truly hope Mike and the guys are able to pick themselves up after this. Still cannot believe it. Still so surreal.

Also, I hope sometime in the future, I'd be truly able to enjoy LP songs again.

"I'm dancing with my demons". The first line from OML album was about this.

iamsatan and dontFindOutMe like this.
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Ummmm, They aren't going to make any decision within a week. It'll take months or even a years worth of time.

Most people don't compare DBS to LP. Sure they could be compared to LP, but it would at least feel right under a different name.

Slash Stradlin and Hybridora like this.
    Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

Same. This is already like the longest I've gone without listening to them when I was able to/wanted to (which is always) but I just can't.

Also, that/those line(s) will give me chills everytime. Whenever I bring myself to listen to that album again, I'm sure I will get the same chills that ATS gave/gives me, but for obviously an entirely different reason. The fact that the music is able to do that, may even make it my second favorite album by them right behind ATS.

barush likes this.
    Slash Stradlin

Slash Stradlin Guns N' Roses

Indeed the legacy is there, but without Chester you cannot take a notch higher, I do agree with a different name people will still compare them to LP, but it will be better for them to have a fresh start. Hiring a new singer in Linkin Park does not seem right, if they do that then people will complain and compare more.

If they start a new band with a new singer and if the music is good then people will love them and respect them. But with a new singer under the LP name, its just wrong according to me.

Again I am not a band member nor from their management to decide anything, I am just a fan and giving my opinion.

Hybridora likes this.
    LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

It pains me to think we will never see Chester run around on stage and do his dancing swirling around with the mic. I've not seen them live but I've seen way too many videos and Chester was always the one who got your attention during live shows.
    I'm really scared to go and watch a live video again in fears that I'd start weeping again while watching it.

xEsaul, Sasuke, brady and 5 others like this.
    Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I don't think they would hire a permanent new singer for the band, they would probably instead make it more feature heavy(think Gorillaz for example) since that is the direction their music has taken lately anyway.

And I don't believe it's possible to find a single vocalist that could replace Chester live. It is just not possible. Chester was not only an extremely versatile singer he was also one of the best and most dedicated performers in music.

So there is definitely a lot of difficulties with the notion of them continuing under the LP banner, although I still hope they find a way to do so.

Henry and Chris loves LP like this.
    Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

To be fair, DBS was 1/6 of LP making up 1/6 of a new band, this would be 5/6 of LP making up 100% of a new band, so I don't think you can really compare. But you're right that a new name would drastically lower comparisons. I don't care personally if they use a new name or not but a new name would definitely make it clear that this is a new chapter for the guys. :)

I'm stunned. This has to be one of the cruelest and most selfish things I've ever read on here. Five guys lose their best friend in the world to tragic circumstances and you have the audacity to come on here and claim that he was only a business partner to them? Because clearly their decision to grieve in private is an invitation to you to engage in wild speculation about how they clearly don't care about him and how he'll be replaced within a week? How shallow are you that you think that words are the only way to show affection? You're disgusting.

brady, Forfeit to Break, Avo and 3 others like this.
    dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

I guess he is just hurt and letting the anger out in a wrong manner

Hybridora likes this.
    iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

It took me a couple days to listen to the songs without crying. I went through my phone to find all the pictures and videos I've taken of the band over the years. I normally don't record more than a clip or two because I'd rather just be in the moment, but now I regret it. Luckily I got to see LP this year, I went to the OML album release show in Las Vegas. While it was difficult to watch my clips of One More Light and Heavy I am thankful that Chester gave us all these songs and performances. Like Dr. Seuss said "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

LohithMohan and _cam_ like this.
    Slash Stradlin

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sasuke, Blake, dontFindOutMe and 2 others like this.
    _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

Same here. Just the thought of watching any videos or even listening any LP songs makes me wanna cry.

Hybridora likes this.
    Chris loves LP

Chris loves LP Well-Known Member

Never watch Talking To Myself then, if you haven't already. I lose it every time I watch it, the video is just heartbreaking.

Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

Agree, too overwhelming, it was taken just roughly 2 months ago :(

Slash Stradlin

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

brady, Blake and iamsatan like this.
    Slash Stradlin

[​IMG]

HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

In all my time on this site I don't think I've ever lost my cool with someone but this post is so disgusting.

Fuck you. Honestly fuck every part of you for even suggesting the fact that just because the band isn't reacting the way you want them to, that they didn't love and care about Chester like he was a brother and that losing him was nothing more than losing a "work colleague" to them. I hope this post gets you banned.

Forfeit to Break, Ree, Avo and 5 others like this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Guys let's keep it respectful please and not let our emotions get the best of us during this time

Blake likes this.
    Henry

Henry Mochiagete, Tokihanashite.

This era gap to the next album might be the longest one, if they gonna make the next one that is.

I agree with you @Alexrednex , I don't think LP will get any permanent lead singer but instead will become feature heavy.

@Virgocore shouldn't be banned because his point of view is controversal. Just saying.

More:
    @Virgocore people deal with guilt differently. I'm sure as hell don't want to express my pain publicly but I know there are people who do.

20. alee87

alee87 Active Member

I'm gonna sound very crazy when I say this but believe you me, im still grieving the loss

"If this was a perfect world a Chester Bennington look alike, sing alike would show up outta nowhere and join LP to carry on with the man's legacy, but this is a cruel world and that ain't gonna happen"

Sorry again for sounding crazy but...Im just hit hard by his demise :(