Music "In The Hall Of The Mountain King"

Discussion in 'Your Projects' started by -Amarez-, Aug 24, 2016.

-Amarez-

-Amarez- Active Member

Here's a rendition of Edvard Grieg's "In The Hall Of The Mountain King". This piece gives strength through anxiety. To fight and fight.. and fight for almost-fantastical dreams among anxious times. I'm very thankful for LPAssociation allowing the chance to share what musicians feel. It's one of the best ways to connect to other people that like the same kind of thing.

Captain-EO likes this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

You're a mean pianist, man. This was fun to watch

-Amarez-

-Amarez- Active Member

Thanks man :)

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Very nicely done! How long have you been playing?

-Amarez-

-Amarez- Active Member

I played since I was 7. Everything I played at first was classical, then classic rock, then straight to Linkin Park. Linkin Park is a major influence (hence the obvious reason I joined this forum). They clicked with me because of their sound. That "epicness" feeling. Third-party releases of Linkin Park piano sheet music were published on the internet by a guy that goes by the name thepianocian. He rewrote the Minutes Of Midnight songs in such an intricate style, where the left and right hand have to work intensely to get the melody going properly; the hardest one being "Bleed It Out". It was extremely rewarding to learn the music, and it has proven to me that this may go further to more experimental shit in my future. Linkin Park eventually got a little old (as it does to almost all), and I moved on to other various artists to learn from. Almost all genres. Then came Nine Inch Nails. The way he invents sound blows my mind. And I think to myself... I need to think outside the box like him. Think in the complete abstract when creating sounds. Utilize my piano knowledge and put it into whacky, experimental tests. Currently, I'm exploring my own sounds and working on new music. The sound will speak for itself more than this paragraph I wrote haha. Thanks for asking Tony. I enjoyed replying to you about it.

Captain-EO likes this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Yeah, you're a really wonderful pianist. I'm trained as well but have only been playing since I was about 10-11.. I could barely play as well as you do.

LP is a great influence to have despite what other people in the music world might think of them. Mike is one of the better songwriters in rock and pop music - and he is also multi-talented, being able to produce, play various instruments, and perform vocals. The other guys bring their own things to the forefront too. I like Brad and Rob the most musically, though people make fun of Brad all the time haha. I think Brad has some of the nicest guitar tones and sounds (not playing, just sound design..) and Rob is a great drummer.

NIN/Trent Reznor is also a good influence to have. TR likes to do a lot of modal changes in his music, which makes him stand out from those who are either peers of or are influenced by him. He's one of the most "musical" artists out there right now. His soundtracks are really incredible too.

Captain-EO likes this.
    minuteforce

Damn, still just a newbie, huh?

Captain-EO likes this.
    Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I dig it.

-Amarez-

-Amarez- Active Member

I was almost fnished writing a long reply during work yesterday and accidentally hit the back button and lost everything dammit.

During my teenage years, I hung with friends and played video games instead of working as hard as I am now on music. I wish I could take that time back. However, you and I could tell ourselves that it's never too late in our lives to master our skills. I'm 21, and I hope my music gets far somehow throughout my 20s. I have to take steps in order to reach that. Currently, I'm coming up with my own songs.

I think Brad may be the simplest famous guitar player ever? Or at least among 1 of them?

Trent Reznor's new album might be extremely inspiring. To be honest with you, I believe that it will open a new door to music. He might create something that never sounded like anything else before. Hesitation Marks gave a hint of that with 'Copy Of A', 'Various Methods of Escape', etc, but I think this new one will be even more out of the box. Can't describe it really. It will be just jaw-dropping.

His Year Zero gave an outlook to music in the 2030s. I just can't imagine what he will do next.

Captain-EO likes this.
    minuteforce

If you're looking to succeed in music, then, that's a whole different ball game but, if it's a hobby, age definitely just shouldn't matter.

And, at 21, there's no way you should be feeling old, period.

-Amarez-

-Amarez- Active Member

A whole different ball game indeed. I'm working with this drummer at the moment. Our chemistry feels almost perfect when we jam. We read each other's minds throughout any random improv. He's intuitive about when the next beat drop comes. This is what I needed: someone to play with instead of playing by myself. Now I want to record it.