If someone stole $100 from you...

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Andrea, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

and you didn't know who did it but you have a gut feeling anyway, what would you do? Would you try to drop hints about it and see if the person will crack or would you just not do anything about it and do the whole "live and learn" deal?

Reason why I am asking is because I had $100 in my wallet for a while that I've been meaning to break. The last purchases I made were around Christmas time and I hadn't check my wallet since then (mistake right there -__-). I checked it today to exchange some money with someone at work and I noticed my $100 was missing.

Now, my parents didn't take it because they would have told me. Which comes to the conclusion that someone at work stole it. I'm usually in and out of my office a lot so I have no idea who comes in and out when I am not there.

Most of this situation is stupidity on my part, but I'm just wondering what I should do. I'm out $100. Someone give their 2 cents to the questions I asked above. Thanks.

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

i'd go jack bauer on them and start interrogating every one of those bastard employees that you think did it.
    But really, i dont think it would even help if you did find out who did it. chances are that they'll most likely be immature about it and not even consider returning the money.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Personally, I'd make a complaint. That's ridiculous and something like that is unacceptable at a workplace.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Louis is right. File a complaint with someone high up saying you've been robbed 100.00.

You may not get a resolution but it'll become public in the workplace and whoever did it will feel like total shit.

whoneedssubtext?

whoneedssubtext? gggg-uNOT

You can't go around making accusations without having solid proof.
    Although you're not sure if your parents took it, it doesn't mean someone else in your house, maybe a friend or a friend of a friend didn't take it.
    If this was a tv show, I'd tell you to set up a trap to catch said person, but in real life, that doesn't work.
    There's always the chance that you lost it, But, if you have a gut feeling, you should go on it.

Rhymaz Armada

Rhymaz Armada Member

Yes. I guess that's the best..but then again, you could also look like the idiot who got $100 stolen. Money is something you earn with your efforts and no one can take that from you. Do whatever is necessary to make justice, and don't let it go.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

If you're going to file a complaint at your workplace, make sure you note that you only have reason to believe that someone stole your money. Don't flat-out state that someone in your workplace stole your money, because the person who looks at the complaints will only ask you if you've considered other possibilities for the money becoming missing. Just state that you're suspicious that someone from work stole it, and that you've already considered other possibilities.

Ratsputin

Ratsputin Member

I'd be pissed. But there's nothing you can do. Y'know?

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Just an update:

I didn't do anything about it. I wanted to, but I'd be accusing someone when I didn't have proof of it. It sucks so much that I'm out $100, but I am hoping who ever took it put it to good use and didn't waste it on useless bullshit.

I'm closing my topic now since it's over and done with, but thanks for everyone's opinion. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.