Break-through track

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Fox, Apr 27, 2007.

Fox

Fox Love & Trolls LPA Super Member

ok.. so I was just wondering, what song from Minutes to Minight could be the one that is considered the "break-through single from the album"..
    Just like "In the end" for HB, and "Numb" for Meteora..

As we've all seen, "What I've done" has made a really good impression on new fans and, of course, the old ones. But it still hasn't shock the fans and this is normal... since the band has been out for so long and they always peak kinda "weak" (no offense, it's the word I could first think of) singles to start their album promotion..

From the reviews I have read about the album, the songs that are best rated are "In pieces" and "The little things you give away"... Maybe one of these two could be the song that would make everybody go: "Holy shit, I NEED to get this album, so amazing and perfect.." :eek:

What do you guys think?...
    What song from the album do you think could be the break-through single for Minutes to Midnight?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
    Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

For some reason, I have a feeling that the stand out track on MTM will either be "Hands Held High" or "Shadow of the Day".

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I don't think we know enough to really make a guess.

I mean, I doubt Linkin Park is going to put The Little Things out as a single. No way. It's too long and it'll get cut short on the radio. From what they say, it's the best song they've ever made. I have a feeling that it could be one of the best tracks on the record. It's not going to be song that will really break through, though.

What I've Done hasn't done much, even though it's a fantastic song and has received an overall good response from the fans and others. It's not really a break through.

If there's any song that, must maybe, I could see as having some potential as a break-through song, Shadow of the Day sounds like a song that has potential, and so does Given Up. Given Up sounds like it's going to be the One Step Closer of Minutes to Midnight (not actually sound like it, but as far as it's success). One Step Closer brought a lot of fans for Linkin Park and I think if they release Given Up, it could really break through for them.

I'd have to listen to the album in order to really give a true prediction. This is just from what I've listened to / read.

kev_

kev_ Well-Known Member

Leave Out All The Rest seems to be the band's choice. They claimed it was a single from the moment they wrote it.

arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

im on that one too, leave out the rest sounds like a candidate

Radish

Radish Guest

i think Bleed it Out and In Pieces will be the biggest hits.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

Yeah, there is no way that little things give you away will be a single.what i've done i believe is that transition track between old and new i think...almost like it was specifically created as their first single and to forget their old stuff...and look to the future.i think bleed it out will be a fast paced poppy type track that will be a hit from word go...but not so much a "break through track" I really think we are yet to hear any part of that special track.it will be their last single from the album...in my opinion

the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

Judging by the live clip, I now get the feeling that No More Sorrow just might be the "Breakthrough" single. It rocks hard, but still seems quite radio-friendly. I hope they release it as a single!

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

Yeah some radio stations might not play Given Up because it's too "heavy" and so No More Sorrow might do the deal.

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

The thing is One Step Closer was that it was in that early nu-metal run where people actually enjoyed those kinds of songs. I think Given Up would be a good single, but I think that's one of the main reasons that One Step Closer got the success it did.

No More Sorrow seems like it's the choice so far, although I can really see them releasing one of the ones they consider more 'political' as a single just to show people.

mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

No More Sorrow is supposed to be even heavier then Given Up though according to the reviews. I wonder if the song goes into a serious breakdown or something that we haven't heard? or it just sounds different.