08.11.12 - Bristow, VA

Discussion in 'News' started by Benjamin, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I think he's serious. His Mike Shinoda red-spiked avatar has his SRS face on.

2. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Have to say, based on the videos, I really like what they did with Lying From You and Papercut. Those are two of my favourite songs live, but I appreciate that as time progresses and new songs arrive, the band will constantly be looking to make space by getting rid of older songs. I seem to remember when I saw them on the ATS tour in the UK, their rotating sets contained EITHER Papercut or Lying From You, but not both on the same night. This is a cool way to include more songs - they're long enough that you can still be satisfied in saying that you've seen those songs live, but they don't drag on and they allow for more space in the set.

Glad to see WTCFM return (for how long, who knows?). Hoping that Lies Greed Misery remains in some of the sets. I've seen many people say it's the weakest song on the album, but it may well remain my favourite - there's something about the chord progression of that stuttery synth at the start that I can't not like!

3. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Some notes from last night's show:

The intro to the show was the Game of Thrones theme.
    Victimized / QWERTY / Lying From You / Papercut was one big mashup. Only the bridge of QWERTY was played, and only the first verse, chorus, bridge, and last chorus of LFY and Papercut were played.
    Live debut of Victimized.
    Live debut of In My Remains.
    When They Come For Me was brought back into the set after not being played on the European tour.
    Mike asked who had ever been to an LP show before. He then followed that by asking how many people were having fun TONIGHT. This is most likely in reference to how the band has wanted to improve their live shows with more energy and such.
    Burn It Down, Bleed It Out, and One Step Closer featured pyrotechnics; a first for the band since 2004!
    The pyro seemed to have messed up at the intro for BID, none went off when the song kicked in, and Brad and Joe and Phoenix kept looking over at it and talking amongst themselves until it finally started working on the first chorus.
    Mike sang a small portion of Numb / Encore at the end of Numb.
    Mike came in at the wrong time for the first verse of BIO, so he let the crowd sing it a bit and then started over.
    Lost in the Echo had a new intro.
    Crawling was on the setlist after WID but was cut due to the curfew.

Other notes:
    Mike had a new guitar for LITE.
    Brad and Phoenix sing the "one by one" part on the last chorus and outro of IMR.
    Some fireworks went off during the end of BID and OSC in addition to the pyro.
    Brad plays keyboard(?) on the first verse of Victimized.
    Mike's mic shut off suddenly while he was talking in between songs; luckily it was fixed after a few seconds.
    Incubus did not play at this show.
    Chester does the screams on the last chorus of LITE, with Mike doing the singing.
    Brand new Living Things picks were used! I got one!
    It would appear that an effect with an Xbox Kinect is used during some parts the show to capture the movements of Joe and Mike. These appear in the background visuals.
    No Sleep 'Till Brooklyn by The Beastie Boys was played over the PA right before LP hit the stage, further honoring Adam Yauch.
    The Roadie by Tenacious D was played over the PA at the end of the show.

This was an AMAZING show. The best I have seen of the guys in a good while. They are definitely bringing it on this tour, and I highly recommend you get yourselves to one of these tour dates. Massive crowd. Wow.

Full show minus What I've Done and One Step Closer.
    [video=youtube;VHyJe4ZSyPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHyJe4ZSyPE[/video]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  4. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

I just dont like their soft songs plain and simple just because i am a fan that doesnt mean i have to like everything they put out, it doesnt work that way.

5. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Absolutely everything you just listed there sounds epic (apart from mics and pyro not working). Thanks for sharing!

You missed the point of his post. He wasn't telling you that you weren't allowed to dislike the mellow songs. Nobody would dispute that. He's pointing out and explaining in detail that there are barely any mellow moments in the set at all, and that he can't see what "mellow" parts there are in the set that are bothering you.

6. xxdurg

xxdurg New Member

aaaaaawesome show :D :D

i put some pictures up here :D

7. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Given Up was the third song played.

8. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

frick. someone said in the comments their was no Given Up. May bad

9. StaticOnTheWay

StaticOnTheWay Makin' you all say "woah"

Kind of puzzled at the lack of LT songs :/ no LGM or Castle of Glass?

10. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I refuse to listen to video recordings since my concert is in two weeks. But it's interesting none the less that there's a new LITE intro when the original already is perfect to me. Would you say the new one is better?

11. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

It's really brief, doesn't add too much.

12. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

They did a pretty flawless job integrating songs from all the albums.

I'm sure they'll be rotating songs around to play others off Living Things, like they did with the ATS North American Tour. There's no way I'll Be Gone and Powerless won't be played, and I'm not giving up on hearing Castle of Glass either.

That said, Victimized/Qwerty is fucking badass.

13. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

It's actually not a "new intro" in that it doesn't replace the original. It's basically just tacked on before the original. So this new thing plays for a bit, and then LITE starts as it normally would.

14. LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

It's nothing big. I mean LITE's intro is just epic. This new intro has some piano music with LITE drums over it. As soon as it gets over, the awesome LITE music which we all love starts.

15. Geki

Geki >.

I wish there were a few more LT tracks, but it is a good set. I could do without Numb/BTH/TC/ND and replace them with LGM, IBG, COG and Powerless...

16. Denny

Denny @Jackethx

:ditto: :ditto: :ditto: