Rutgers Student Secretly Filmed Having Sex Commits Suicide

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Amanda, Sep 30, 2010.

1. cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

That day, Ravi posted to his 148 Twitter followers, "Anyone with iChat, I dare you to video chat me between the hours of 9:30 and 12. Yes it’s happening again," the New Jersey Star-Ledger reported.

This may help reveal the intentions of the suspects, as the use of the phrase "dare you" suggests they find the videostream repulsive.

He said he'd mention the incident to his RA before writing, "and yah, revenge never ends well for me, as much as I would love to pour pink paint all over his stuff.....that would just let him win....."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39456960/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/ (source)

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This was definitely done hatefully after reading that post. I say the kids get charged with involuntary manslaughter (since they didn't kill him, but pushed him to that point) and on hate crimes charges. These assholes need to pay.

3. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I'm iffy on the hate-crime charges still. Unless they can prove that he HATES GAYS instead of not liking his gay room-mate, you can't say much...but the "fag" comment will get him either way. Still, Tyler's death is still Tyler's fault. He had time to think about jumping off of a bridge, getting to the bridge, and still thinking it's a good idea to do it. He may have been in one crazy ass emotional state. Some people would have gone into that same state and would murder instead of commit suicide, but if Tyler would have killed Dharun people would be saying "Yeah that was fucked up, but he shouldn't have killed him. He could have thought it over".
    Who would be saying "Dharun pushed him to that point by completely embarrassing him and potentially ruining his life"?. Suicide or murder it would still be a sad story, Dharun is an asshole and both of their lives would be ruined.