Rutgers Student Secretly Filmed Having Sex Commits Suicide

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Amanda, Sep 30, 2010.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Yes. This thread is closed until further notice. Derek, check your PM. Now.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

After handling the unpleasantness in this thread, we are going to re-open it with caution in the hopes that this entire debate can be discussed civilly. Please try to express your opinions with respect, and please try to keep everything civilized. We were doing very well in this thread (considering its controversial subject matter) until just recentely. So lets try to go back to keeping it that way.

Louis

Before any one posts, I'm going to say a few things:

First of all, as you all might have seen, Hellions has been banned. He was on his 2nd infraction and he received his third for outright disrespecting not only members of these forums, but members of staff.

Let that be a lesson to you all that such disrespect is not tolerated on these forums, and that any such disrespect will result in an infraction.

Second, it is a shame that this thread had to end up turning into a flame-war. This thread is about the tragic event of someone taking his own life in the face of utter humiliation, and it became about who was right and who was wrong and we had to witness utter disrespect of not only other people on these forums, but disrespect to a tragedy that has impacted many of Rutgers students, as well as college students around the world. For someone to take his own life in itself is tragic, but for it to be the result of something like a live internet feed of him having sex with someone of the same sex...it is absolutely awful, and we should not forget that when we are discussing the topic.

I am re-opening the thread now that one member has been banned and we've hopefully had some time to calm down. If anything like this happens again, we will close this thread for good and forbid any new threads on the topic. We are not afraid to hand out warnings and infractions as we see fit if we have to. Please resume the discussion and stay on the topic, and most importantly, be respectful of others.

Thank you,
    Staff

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I think you forgot to re-open the thread Louis lol. I'll re-open it now since it still says closed.

Louis

It said I re-opened it. Weird. Oh well, so long as it's fixed. Thanks Andrea.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

n00b :lol:

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Wurd :cool:

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

[/thread derailed]

Louis

Anyway, getting back on topic:

Amanda, do you know if there is going to be any sort of event at the school in honor of his memory or something like that?

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, I hope there will be.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Well, it sucks terribly that the guy died that way whatever the circumstances and it really was upsetting to hear, and my sincerest condolences go out to him and everyone who's been affected badly by what happened. Just thought I'd say that after all the arguing.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

What these two people did are terrible, but everyone (not necessarily on the LPA) who is calling for them to be locked away for life and whatever needs to realize that there just simply aren't the laws there to prosecute them with. There was a case here in St. Louis a few years back that probably made national headlines....some mother created a fake MySpace account of a teenage boy and used it to bully someone who went to her daughter's school - starting up a relationship with her and then eventually saying horrible things, and then the girl killed herself. The mother who did that is a sick fuck and a worthless waste of space on this planet. And people were calling for her to get the death penalty (and the DP is a whole 'nother argument I'm not getting in to), or to get life with no parole, stuff like that. But ultimately, she got charged with some obscure law in relation to the MySpace account, something like unauthorized use of a computer account, which carried a small penalty like probation and a fine, and eventually a judge overturned the conviction because even charging her with that crime was a stretch. And I fully support that, because if the law's not there, it's not there, and you can't just make up a law to prosecute someone with. And I imagine that will be the case here, they'll get charged with invasion of privacy, and maybe spend a few months in jail and go on probation, but that's going to be it. I'm sure there will be a civil suit for wrongful death, and that's another matter, but criminally, there's not much to charge them with.

But look on the bright side...in jail, they'd have 3 meals a day, a place to sleep, and some sort of protection from the outside world. But with little or no jailtime, they're for sure getting kicked out of Rutgers. They're not likely to be accepted into any other college. Their names and faces are plastered all over the news. They probably won't be able to get a job, no landlord will want to rent to them, and hopefully their family will tell them to fuck right off when they come for help, and their friends, well, if their friends had half a brain, they're no longer their friends. I think that could be almost as bad as jail.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Poor Fella. Rest In Peace.

As probably said within the last few pages, A prank is one thing, but to intentionally humiliate a person is disgusting. Honestly, I can't even conceive anything funny about this prank.

I hope his family is doing okay.

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

While I'm very tired so I'm not going to bother looking it up, I remember reading articles written by most of the mainstream media seeing a few laws were broken. One of them included filming someone during sex without them knowing. Without a doubt there will be mulitples law's broken, and if I remember correctly they face up to 5 years jail time.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Though it's tragic news, I don't feel like anyone should be held accountable for someone committing suicide.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Wtf happened in this thread?

Was it even confirmed that Tyler was in fact kissing or having sex with anyone, much less a guy? It never says in the article. It only shows us what the roommate said on his Twitter account. My friends say stuff like that all the time as jokes about their straight friends. Was Tyler even gay? That little article was pretty poorly written.

And I'm sorry if I offended people who've considered suicide. But I didn't mention anything about it being stupid to consider suicide. Only to commit it. So don't take things the wrong way.

Louis

I do believe Minus posted the link to that very story. It was either Minus or Casey. Someone with a yellow username.

But you make a very good point. With you on this one.

Amanda

Let me begin by saying that it was confirmed that e was in fact having sex with another male student (who is now on suicide watch per request of his friends) when the feed was being streamed.

Also, tomorrow at the front of Brower Commons Dining Hall at 10:00AM EST there will be a memorial service for Tyler. All students and civilians are invided to attend. We will all be wearing black.

Tonight at choir rehersal we dedicated the entire night to Tyler. We sang the best I have heard us sing. It was so powerful...

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Now that's what I call progression in society. As of some 20 years ago anti-gay sentiment would have been much stronger and you wouldn't see such a reaction from the community at large.

20. Amanda

Unfortunately, I have heard rumour that there will be a protest at the service.
    It's sad that people feel the need to bring personal agenda and beliefs into a moment of community grieving.
    It's a shame.