Haters & Believers: A Thousand Suns Release

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

You are completely right. But even if it is indeed a waste of time, it's just human instincts. If you work on something for 3 long, challenging years and see a lot of negative reviews, it's only normal to at least make one post defending it. I can't blame Shinoda for posting this.

Now I say that making the assumption that this is basically 'Dear Haters, bla bla bla." But I'm not so sure that's what this is, as I said earlier. Maybe it's more like Mike simply describing why the sound changed. I mean, for everyone that doesn't stalk LPA, it's an answer that they may not know. So this could be Mike clearing it up and giving them an answer.

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Hmmm an interesting statement, not gonna say I disagree necessarily.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Win?
    WIN!!!

cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

It depends if songs from Hybrid Theory mean "In The End" and "One Step Closer" its a win, but not nearly as much as a win as say maybe idk "Papercut." :p It would be really cool to see the original Pushing Me Away come back.

Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

I love LP and what Derek said earlier about them being a fluke when they first started it's very true. LP was the band that you heard and u were like "these guys are made , bought" because really they sounded like that. They had nothing "technical" going for themselves at the time that made them sound "unique", you really REALLY had to bathe into their music to point out exactly what Linkin Park was. At the time you had Korn / Incubus / Limp Bizkit which shared a similar sound / stage with LP. When I hear Incubus (the most common counterpart to LP) those guys are an actual rock band, they do use their guitar to talk, but they also play around making effects ala LP, and heavily use their DJ for the most part for those things. Everyone has a purpose in that band is further fueled to make more music, with the core sound intact.. but the Incubus fans I don't see them bickering like we do, because they got bigger things to be arguing about than what the band said, and where the direction is going, or celebrating for debuting #1. There's a reason this band gets picked on, has been told "it's a rollercoaster ride :awesome:" it's because in a sense LP is like a "baby" way to get into rock. And that's how they came to us mainstream and how they became to be LP so the world expects "rock". Most of their fan base are teenagers (still) and some are people like me.. in their mid 20s. The digital "era" whom have gotten accustomed at not understanding why a guitar is a fascinating instrument, or why a bass player / a drummer are. All we care about is fascinating lyrics / a good vocalist and whatever is in the background, as long as it sounds good we will take it, and because of that you got the controversy among fans like that among hip hop fans.. arguging about which lyrical song was better, which album was better, which rapper is hotter right now (in all due respect, LP is more hip-hop rooted than an actual rock band, and that's a fact).

Every band that came before LP brought something new to the genre of Rock, we "hoped" (even I did) LP would be the one to bridge that gap and bring something "amazing" to the rock world but alas, it seems the band and Mike have given up on that dream and decided to go another route. I was hoping they'd merge the gap between rock / rap. And Hybrid Theory is not the answer to that.. I don't mind them doing a different sound but they have to garner a new bash of fans, hence why I say it was irrelevant to even reply to the haters in that post. It's a done deal.. they moved on, they need to be like Lebron James, throw the powder in the air, take notes of all the haters and reply with a decent album now that they got the formula down.

Forget about the 2-3 years of cleveland. Old LP fans sound like this:

[​IMG]

*note, wouldn't be suprised if I start seeing people burning up their old LP hoodies xD*

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
    WheresMyFckngFrappuccino?

WheresMyFckngFrappuccino? I ordered a frappuccino.

TAKE THAT MOTHERFUCKERS!!! A great kick in the ass in a very mature way :) MOST INTELLEGENT MAN IN PLANET EARTH. Coudn't agree more with you Mike.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Maybe they do. A difference of opinion doesn't mean you value someone less otherwise.

Shadow

I don't think it's a maybe. The song's lyrics are directed at the individual we are speaking; whomever it's being applied to again, most likely being that which I said earlier is not a nice thing to cover up. Mike Shinoda does deserve a "cmon son" for that. Sorry, I know you are defending him but it's written right there. And most of you are at fault for using it in that context, thus further proving that the message did hit home. Even in the reviews is also brought up. I am sorry.

Benjamin

To me he's obviously showing great respect for the people who dislike the album and is respectfully taking their criticism and even admitting that some of it may be right. He is not owning haterzzzzz. Nuff said.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

I have a good comment but me scare that I might get into trouble. *chuckles* Mike is the one that just had to say what's on his mind!

Shadow

I think he partially answered the outcry, if he really did want to get in the nitty gritty he shuld've pulled out one of us from this site, or the many fansites or their official forum. Someone "known" hell, he could've pulled up Derek. This that he did it's like picking a fight with a random kid u know u can win the argument with and make urself and him look good. But again, I did say it was a waste of time for him to write this as it would lead to stuff like this.

Benjamin

Again, what's this "argument" of which you speak? All he did was acknowledge the fact that janxrod's review was the most popular on itunes. Then he even defended it (well some what haha) by pointing out that he likes Daft Punk. Mike is just posting why the sound changed and used the person's comment as a topic starter.

Shadow

The post itself is an argument, it's him replying to what's going on with the fan community. It's "attention" "reassurance" (uneeded reassurance if u ask me, it's just making him look bad) that what's going on here is "ok". There was no reason for this, he and the band made a conscious decision to change. That's it. The post screams attention for the haters to stfu and give them a chance. Thus arguing their mindset.

TheRAT

TheRAT Well-Known Member

Make's sense but i wish Mike hadn't let the "haters" get to him. He's in one the the BIGGEST bands of all time. He shouldn't HAVE to explain himself.

_Depression

_Depression Well-Known Member

I have to point out this line as probably the best I've read in the entire thread.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Sorry, but now I feel like you're just pushing the issue. Also, if you were trying to, please don't imply that I'm defending him for the sake of defending him.

The whole point of this discussion is whether or not the song is showing contempt towards their fanbase. Is it? Not as far as I can see. If you disagree please point out how you came to that conclusion instead of basically saying "I'm right and you're wrong". As it is I'm fairly certain it's a broad response to how some people feel entitled to music that's tailored 100% to their liking, mainly the same kind that HT and Meteora were made up of. That's pretty far from a personal attack, therefore there's little or no hypocrisy. They're perfectly within their rights to have their own opinion and frankly he's done pretty well restricting it to that, then going out of his way to post this when its debatable whether or not he had to. It comes down to a difference of opinions as much as anything, and if that offends people then boo bleeding hoo.

Shadow

You are.

Yes and I already told you why, we've discussed it, just because it's not directly imply doesn't mean it's catered to them. They are about the only crowd it applies to, next to that is the reviewers. You did have the very fans here using the phrase, even in that very post mikeshinoda.com said you have individuals reciting the lyrics to the song, do you need more proof that the msg was sent?

You are taking it as I am saying "I am right" and "you're wrong" because you are defending him. All I been doing is stating the very same facts that are already in action and written. The album has been made correct? It's out, correct? You heard it, correct? IT's making money, correct? People are reciting the msg, correct? What more is there to say? Mike addressed the situation, correct?

"Try to catch up motherf*ckers" need I say more?

Benjamin

I know this is directed towards Dean but I honestly have no idea what point this is trying to make.

Also, let's remember that this was posted in Mike's BLOG. It's not like it's headline news on linkinpark.com. The guy had something on his mind, and blogged about it. There's never a blog post that "MUST" be posted.

Shadow

He wanted me to point out why it feels like I am pushing the issue and that he's not personally defending him when I believe he is. That part of the quote was to point out that everything i've said is from stuff that's already "done", not something u can erase and undo. The song had a message, and the message has gone across and it's very hypocritical from him, Dean thinks is not but the facts are there. And yes, this is just Mike's blog but due to linking and how search engine bots work, word won't take long for it to hit linkinpark.com. Eitherway it was a bad move (but thats my personal opinion based on everything i've already stated in this thread).

20. AceofSpades

AceofSpades Member

Whether it was unnecessary or what, this was my favorite thing i've ever read from Mike Shinoda lol
    my two cents: He owned the haters by being witty, 'nuff said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.