New York - A Thousand Suns Release Show Tonight

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

My goodness I want that T-Shirt.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I'll take 1 as well, and a poster.

3. _Depression

_Depression Well-Known Member

Well, I got most of Iridescent on my Droid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KwqwWP4HfM

I know the audio's cracking because of the heavy bass, but I thought the version you guys had was a bit muffled so decided to contribute. Also, I missed like the entire first verse I think lol. /recording fail

4. NoFace

NoFace Member

5. _Depression

Damn I love that first pic of Chester, really sharp and nice.

I wish someone got a pic of Brad when he was on keyboard, he was smiling and laughing the whole time. I was almost watching him more than the others at that point lol

6. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Those new songs sound amazing live. It's nice to hear the studio version of The Catalyst. I wish they'd just play their old stuff first for about 30 minutes, take a short intermission, and then play all of A Thousand Suns. Seriously, fuck their old music if this is how well they are going to perform their new stuff.

7. _Depression

Agreed, the ATS tracks were pure sex in music form.

I think there was also a lot of tension in the crowd too, though, with people wanting a lot more ATS than they got. It almost made the older music tedious, because we were looking forward to hearing tracks like Blackout, Iridescent, W&K... Just my feeling though.

8. Erockk2121

Erockk2121 New Member

Tonight was fucking awesome! I almost got sandwiched multiple times while I was tweeting each song as it came on and calling people when certain songs came on. It may have been a shorter setlist, but the intensity of the crowd and the overall effort the band put into the show made it awesome. The fact that its been over 2 years since I've seen them was another big aspect. I called New Divide opening the show!!! Minus the Requiem/Radiance lol. And when Faint kicked in the entire crowd went ballistic. With the video screen they had and the lights it felt like we were re-living the music video it was that intense! I was disappointed that they didn't play a few songs, especially come key crowd pleasers, but it was great hearing some of the new songs, especially The Catalyst. It sounded even better in person. All in all great show. Can't wait for the winter tour!!!

And THANKS LPA for allowing me to help out with the setlist updating! I practically live on these fan sites and it was great helping out my fellow fans with the first LP show to start of the new phase of their career.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  9. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

brad on keyboard...wow

10. usblackbird

usblackbird Well-Known Member

That looked like a pretty awesome show! I'm a bit disappointed with the live Wretches & Kings though =(, maybe it's the quality of the video or something but Brad and Phoenix just seemed to be standing there for the majority of the song doing nothing. Maybe I just need to actually be there to appreciate it live.

11. cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

This is too cool LPA. The real time updating was absolutely great, near spotless might I add, and the conversation was a ton of fun. I'm not just complimenting for the sake of it either, I would have expected many other fansites to leave the thread / convo at that. Check back to find links to nearly the whole show, setlist / promo flyer / shirt pics, and more. Couldn't ask for a better fan site. Thank you very much everyone involved. (I've been member of numerous band fansites outside of LP, and never has one even come close to the professionalism I've seen here.)

12. _Depression

Gotta admit, I think it was just the quality of the video. Brad and Phoenix weren't doing much, but when you're there, you're so drawn to Mike and Chester that you don't even notice their laziness (lol joking, they're not lazy at all).

13. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

How long was the gig? Really like the setlist, just add Burning in the skies, when they come for me and papercut, and TLTGYA, and..., and... damn LP, too much good songs for me ^^

14. Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

I can haz air conditioning and a bed now? LULZ

Uploading part 1 of 2...yes...part 1....of 2...my entire video is 18 MINUTES LONG.

--RS

15. LPSteelersFan

LPSteelersFan Well-Known Member

I do remember few moments where Brad and Phoenix were less active for the newer songs. These moments were minimal to my recollection, but don't count my word for it. I bet a lot will change once the band gets a better grasp on the new material.

Regarding my videos that I uploaded, I need to update my iPhone. This should enable me to upload those live videos with hd quality. The band members and actual set looks much clearer on my iPhone. I'll try to upload the hd versions later this week.

btw, the concert was pretty epic. It felt special knowing that it was their first concert in two years. Can't wait for the band to return to NYC

16. Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Not wanting to bash Chester too much (as I think he's the greatest vocalist of our generation), but he's really not doing so well at the moment. He's getting notes wrong in places, usually with the lower ranges :S

17. _Depression

I think there was also a problem with the microphones, a lot of the time I thought Mike and Chester sounded like their mics were high-pitched for some reason. I mean, I remember in W&K thinking that maybe he had forgotten to take that voice filter from Requiem off. He sounded a bit like Alvin and the Chipmunks lol

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

19. cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Have to disagree, and agree with Feenix. Chester's vocals have seemed to be a bit lacking lately. While on some performances it may seem otherwise, I'm suspect that this is due to editing. Its understandable though, its been 10 years and tons of shows. I was really surprised to see them doing so long of sets last year thinking it would really be bad in the long run for his voice. Regardless as long as they put out good music, and they're trying, I'll always support the group :)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  20. Jake

Jake Give me reason

I would say let's wait a while and let his voice adjust! He's been doing a lot of studio and high notes..
    Time to go open in the field and show them off for real!
    Takes time and effort (in the beginning)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.