Stream The Entire "Meeting Of A Thousand Suns" Documentary Online Now!

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Sep 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

They should have got out of WB in 2007 when they brought up all the legals problems. I was fucking sad to see WB had brought the cash so they stayed with them

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I'm not so sure you're right about that.

The band was under tons of stress from meeting deadlines from EA for the game deal, as well as the album deadline, picking a lead single, potentially having to make more music in hopes of magically creating a good lead single (like what happened with What I've Done with MTM), and the pressure of the label to make radio-friendly music.

All of that is what happened, the band themselves seemed on the same team in the video, they were just under tons of pressure from other people. I don't think they were considering breaking up.

Ecstasy

Ecstasy What if I learn to love?

I don't know. I really want to believe that, but the band looked extremely insecure with what they were doing. If it was just about the deadline and the single, I don't think Chester would have had to talk like that at the ending of the video. He was dead serious.

Meryl_

Meryl_ Well-Known Member

I think they were more panicking because they were thinking of rewriting everything because people told them it sucked. That's why Mike told about the demos. And Chester said: calm down, they need to stfu, we need to assume our choices, let's keep the songs we love.

LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

Watching this documentary is kind of scary. Just seeing the discontent, uncomfortable nature of some of the bands discussions was not fun to see. I just sensed so much tension.

It was not a very enjoyable documentary. Sadly, the music industry is a business. And that business puts pressure on their artists to rack in money for the labels.

Chester, kudos to you for that speech. Fuck the norm. Do what you guys want to do.

I hope this experience leads to some EPIC Linkin Park shit in the near future (not including A Thousand Suns).

On a side note, Rick Rubin is a fuckin genius! I thought that guy was an insane weirdo, but what he said in that documentary made perfect sense.

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

It definitely was a little scary watching that, but it kind of is important especially with the whole message the band is trying to get out there which is we are trying to make honest music without any outside influence, or at least as best as they can.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I can see how one might think the band was on the verge of a breaking up, but that could simply be the editing.. you know just to create a tense atmosphere. But it really was scary seeing how doing the thing you love can also drive you crazy and fuck you up mentally. What I liked about this documentary is that it was felt more personal than their previous "making of" docs... it captured the essence of the moments it captured. I'll give it props for that.

One thing, however, that annoyed the living hell out of me were the glitch effects/noise. It was overdone to the point where I was getting a little lightheaded. Also, I think they rushed the whole thing as it progressed, taking less and less time with the ".... days to deadline". I'd have preferred a little more balanced pacing. Some clips of them working on the artwork would've been cool too I guess. After all Mike did say that ATS's artwork is their best yet.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Pretty much any human being can do what Rick Rubin does.

usblackbird

usblackbird Well-Known Member

So I gave in and listened to the ATS: The Full Experience on their MySpace. This album left me speechless (in a good yet shocked/surprised-ish way), I need to listen to it a few more times.

After listening to it, I watched this. Oh man, that tension at the end was making me feel uncomfortable. When Mike was all "Chester can you pay attention!", I had a mental "Quick! look busy!" feeling, followed by a parents-just-had-an-argument feeling...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
    Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Not everyone can grow a beard like that, unfortunately.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Man I wanna watch this!

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

You bring up a very good point. Maybe he is valuable after all.

Tom191

Tom191 Member

VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

Wow.. this was really pure.... I wonder what the glitched shit means; there are a LOT of things you can hear that are not on the album.. Add that to the new puzzle and we may have another big mystery.

rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

US only.....

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Look two posts above yours.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I use these exactt headphones :D

[​IMG]

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Yo Linkin Park, I'm really happy for you, and I'mma let you finish, but Meteora had one of the best documentaries of all time! Of all time!

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

My thoughts exactly. I just wrote a similar thing in another place haha :)

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Also, just finished the doc, and it's entirely possible that the tension seen in the doc indicates that this was the Get Back sessions of Linkin Park...except that the project wasn't canceled.

"I'll play whatever you want me to play or I won't play at all if you don't want me to — whatever it is that will please you."

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.