Waiting For The End - Next Single

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    cloudscream

cloudscream Static

Presenting the new vocalists of Linkin Park! Sean Paul and Sir Paul!

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Great choice for a single.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

He's called Seanoda Paul guys.

Yep

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Ha! I took a listen to W&K as well so don't feel to bad. Just wish I was in your shoes seeing that I won't even be able to pick up the album till the 15th! Was going to get it on the 14th but my job put me down to work all day! >_<

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
    hazuki

hazuki Well-Known Member

This will be their 10th #1 :)

bojkic

bojkic Member

we knew this is going to be next single, and I have to say it is a perfect choice. it is my favourite song currently. I think third single will be a harder song. When they come for me has the most chance. If it's not WTCFM then Blackout or W&K.

love_lp

love_lp Try To Catch Up..

Review of the KROQ Breakfast with Linkin Park! (which wasn’t really breakfast by the way.. it was at 4:30pm, and no food)
    ***OH and please don’t read this if you don’t want any spoilers, just in case this has any!***

The purpose of this event, partly, was to record the Kevin & Bean show for next Tuesday. Selected people were able to ask the band questions, all of which had very interesting answers. At one point, the crowd was cheering for Chester and Mike to kiss! That was really funny. Mostly Mike and Chester were answering the questions. Brad and Joe answered one, but briefly. If anyone is interested I can tell you later about some of the Q & A.

The entire show was recorded with cameras. I think that it will be posted on KROQ.com at some point.
    The show was at Paramount Pictures in LA, in a kind of small stage room.
    There were about 50 people there, so of course, everyone had a good view.. I was up front! Literally 2 or 3 feet from the stage!
    Sadly NO cameras, cell phones.. anything. Not one person snuck one in. I could’ve taken some bomb ass pictures.
    There was a full stage set up, and a video show in the background.

The band came out & started with What I’ve Done, do I even need to review? It was just great. Next was Numb! I think they performed these just to get the crowd going with something familiar.

Now for the new songs:
    Waiting for the End. This song put me near tears. (I’m a very emotional girl..) It was performed beautifully. Mike’s rapping and singing were wonderful. Chester’s voice was amazing (as you all know already) They both sung with such passion, and that made the entire audience mesmerized. I looked around and everyone was moving together, back and forth. This song will do great as a single, in my opinion.

Iridescent : I’m very sorry that I won’t have a better review of this song. I was so hypnotized. Ok, well just as with Waiting for the End, beautiful singing. I loved how the choir was performed by the entire band. That was so cool! The piano in the song was more prominent live, and the music just set the mood. Wonderful song J

The Catalyst: WOW! As I said before, I liked this song before I heard it live. Not my favorite, but I didn’t hate it. After hearing it live, I love the song! They put so much extra into it on stage. It was like a different song, in a way. SO. MUCH. ENERGY! I didn’t want this song to end! I can already tell you that the tour is gonna be insane!

Once the show ended, people were about to leave (we were told we could not get any autographs). Then Mike & Chester walked down to say hi & sign autographs! I reached out & Mike grabbed onto my hand, I smiled like a starstruck teenager. Sadly, I froze up! I got Mike’s autograph then walked over to see Chester. All I could say was “I love you guys” and he said “thank you!” after laughing a bit. I also got Chester’s autograph.

The new cd will be amazing, as will the tour. I’m lucky enough to have seen my favorite band live and up close. This will be something that I will never forget!!

*this was kind of rushed, so I could tell you guys about this. any questions, just ask :)

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Well , nvm. :lol:

Spin

Spin Chaos that defies imagination

I'd say she didn't, it's right above your post. :lol:

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Good review. Poor Mike and Chester (in regards to the kiss thing). You're very lucky. :)

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Jesse you fail lol.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

It's not my fault. The review was posted while I was making my post. xD.

fi6o

fi6o Member

Well we already knew that, but still, great choice for a single, I'm curious what the video will be like. And I hope that Iridescent, When They Come For Me or Wretches And Kings is next.

ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

It's going to be a #1 hit. Everyone on the radio will love this song...from very young people who listen to incubus to older bruce springsteen fans...everyone. I'm looking forward to the video...maybe they will include some fans? Or it can include some roadtrip footage from their tour 2008?

you know the bus drive from one city to the other...

ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

its iridiscent. 100% sure.

love_lp

love_lp Try To Catch Up..

I was hoping that they would play Wretches & Kings at the KROQ thing. I absolutely love that song! Imagine that live?? The crowd might die

fi6o

fi6o Member

Sorry for the offtopic, but.. talking about Iridescent, some people said the LPTV video "Something new" was about that song, but I didn't quite understand how they learned that, where did they get that info from?

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

They were talking about the track . . .

Ryez

Ryez Active Member

Most people I've shown this track to have not liked it ... not sure it's a good single to use. I would've thought "When They Come For Me" was a better choice.

Let the album get around a bit first before letting the new sound loose (Waiting For The End is definitely new for LP, it's going to shock people a bit).

murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

I have one question love_lp...

What about the instruments in the live set? I saw in one other forum that Brad actually played keyboard in one song and drums (?) in other one!

Is this true? Who played what in the songs? Thanks in advance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.