A Thousand Suns Clips

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

This isn't a Radiohead thread.

2. deadbysunrise

deadbysunrise Well-Known Member

The Messenger. <333 I LOVE the record after listening to 7 minutes out of 47. Yes, I do. What's wrong, guys? You knew it's gonna be different. Hate it as much as you'd like, but 'not heavy' doesn't mean 'suck'.

3. Xpeerahmental

Xpeerahmental Well-Known Member

I think I'm going to love this album, I am really excited to hear that every track seems to have its own perk and direction, and absolutely unearthed to think that they're all interconnected to convey a message to the listener through it all. I think it's going to be an unbelievable album but I'm not so sure how long it will stick with me. Kinda disappointed that guitar is so scarce and unnoticeable. I know this was a battle against redundancy sound-wise, but that is just one of the things I appreciate most. I'll love it and I think it's gonna be epic none the less, but just a little too leveled out and boxed up to me. I mean it's not like all they have is a on/off switch for guitar. I hear power cords all the time from Brad but no picking, like one string at a time melodies. They could of mixed that up as well and not just pushed it down into their sound is my only complaint.

4. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Ahem,

I don't believe you're doing the same.
    Don't tell us to not call you an idiot when you do that to us.
    I honestly don't care though, since it seems you're obsessed with just one sound.
    One sound does not a good band make.
    Tired of this shit, I'm out.

5. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

Iridescent sounds very weak

it feels like a diff kind of song should be there

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  6. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

The guitar is too strong of a lead and it would ruin whatever sound LP is trying to achieve.

7. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

lmao. The guys have ben telling us for nearly 2 months now that this album is very different and doesn't sound like their older stuff, wake up dude, you're way too late.

This album doesn't have loud guitars like HT and Meteora, okay? You like it? Great. You don't? Then listen to the music that applies to your taste and stop moaning.

8. cook

cook Banned

In my opinion a band really show what they really got along their evolution. If they're still doing the same thing, they are just working the magic formula and that's not original (kinda what Limp Bizkit does). I know this is not a Radiohead forum, but they are the perfect example on what a real band are, and the direction that Linkin Park have taken is the same than them, and it's the most difficult thing to do for a band. They can say 'alright, let's work this and earn a lot of money doing all the same'. But for musicians are pretty much comforting for themselves to try to envelope what they got inside and work it out.

Normally a band who cares about music (and not money) tend to make more introspective and progressive music, and I'm gonna put another example than Radiohead or Pink Floyd, and that's Thrice. On the beginning they were a typical emo band, pretty much post hardcore. But in their last two albums they have evoluted lie they've never done before, especially in Beggars, but they started to do it on The Alchemy Index. Try to hear what they did in The Artist on the Ambulance and compare it with Beggars. More mature, less caring about money but on they own realization.

9. ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

I have been keen on When They Come For Me since 'Megaphone Brad' but now i am dying to hear it.
    I love how original each track is but I reckon Mike was telling the truth that to make the best of the album, you really have to listen to it, front to back.
    Linkin Park have grown up, if only some of the people in this thread could too.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  10. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

oh....oh my god!

11. Xpeerahmental

Xpeerahmental Well-Known Member

:lol: See, you really think it has to be on or off?, They did not have to give up on it or blend it in, just lay off the power chords. It's not like the only thing you can do with a guitar is strap it on and WHAM!!!

12. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

Exactly what I mean

Guitar does not equal power chords

13. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

For them, you have to. If you start plucking single string melodies you are going to distract the listener from anything else. Didn't Pushing Me Away distract you enough with it's melody at the beginning? But then again that would mean going back to the HT days. Understand?

It has to be on and off, that's why power chords are better, as they are rhythm sections that compliment the drums.

Power chords does not equal rock.

14. {L}EcM3311{P}

{L}EcM3311{P} Well-Known Member

I need to listen to the whole album.. can't judge it yet cause LP does crazy shit.. it can be a slow song in this sample and be totally something different by the end of the song

15. Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Ok, after claming down, I can't really say that I like the album so far based on the clips.
    I'll needa listen to the whole song to get the conclusion (like The Catalyst, really hated it at first).
    The beat of Burning in the Skies sounds like Iridescent to me, is it just me?

16. Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

First time I listened to it, they both sound awfully familiar beat wise to me too. You are not alone...

:awesome:

17. Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

Sounds interesting. Nice to hear some more experiments and more electronic sound.

18. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Can't believe that I still haven't listened. GO ME!

19. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

for example...people complain that Mike sounds like Sean Paul in his rap in Waiting For The End....yet that was only a 5 second preview of his part..u never know, it could turn into a normal Mike rap, not Jamaican...Linkin Park are teasing like that lol

20. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

This thread should've been closed after this statement.

ZOMG SPOILER

I love many of these clips, especially the segues, but some of them are kind of iffy to me. Iridescent for example sounds like a more electronic Shadow Of The Day. I just can't wait to see how the whole album flows from front to back.

PS: Am I the only one who thinks the need for spoiler tags here is ridiculous?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.