A Thousand Suns Clips

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

The 30 secs say most part of the songs, not the highlights but it does give away the flow of the album which I was beyond happy about. BUT, mainly everyone that's pisst is because of lack of guitar. Some fans fail to understand that I don't think LP was ever a real rock band, or metal for that matter. But back years ago, Linkin Park was a good excuse to say "Hey I like rock :D". When in reality, Linkin Park was never rock*. Linkin Park has the habit to sample sections with guitars heavily, and rely on effects. They gave they illusion they were "hard" but they aren't. You want hard, then you need to go hear a band that has strictly just guitar parts with riffs and solos. It's time to move on, put down your capes and flags and posters of the Hybrid Theory days to think this was a "rock band". They are a band, but not rock. /end.

**as in metal, classical, nu metal, hard rock**

Layering + rap is the key here. A lot might try to mimic this sound exactly, part for part. Others might just incorporate aspects of it and re-introduce the guitar. It's hard to have a sound like LPs with such a strong instrument like a guitar to lead the way and still consider it "rock".

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

It won't affect it because...it isn't rock.

3. sukoru

sukoru I'm with the Ninjas

this.
    maybe the best post i ve read in these forums.

4. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

I can't believe some people are still moaning about the absence of loud guitars, did they not listen to any of the interviews Mike and the rest of the band have been making or did they miss all the reviews that clearly suggested there were not much loud, heavy guitars in this record and it was very electronic-driven?

5. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

this allways happens with big alt rock bands, they kind off loose their agressive side as they get older

i hope that doesnt happen to me in 10 years

ex: Pearl Jam and Radiohead

6. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Wow now you're just being stupid. Radiohead's best years were during and after Kid A.

You know what,

[​IMG]

7. kelies

kelies Well-Known Member

I was thinking more like M.I.A., especially the middle eastern singing.

8. lpkornfan22

lpkornfan22 Well-Known Member

Well Its Like When We Heard Preview Clips Of The Catalyst. All We Kept Hearing Was The Fast Electro Beat With "God Bless Us Everyone..." Then When More Clips and The Song Itself Came Out, Then We Heard Rob's Drums at the end, and Brad And Phoenix Adding Another Layer. All We Can Do Is Wait To See What Else Is In The Songs.

9. Shadow

Horrible examples lol. Pearl Jam is still guitar driven. I don't know about Radiohead, not a fan to give you my opinion on. LP was never guitar driven. You gotta led the guitar "talk". LP rarely allowed the guitar to talk, they let their guitar just provide effects. Think of it as a "yelp" or a sample from a Hip Hop / Rap DJ or instrumentalist.

And you been around since 2005, shame on you. You should know better than that. lol

10. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Linkin Park fans are so emotional.

11. zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

well let me just say that when I am listening to some record I am not thinking about that if it was said to be non-guitar/scream/rap album, i am not thinking about any interview, I am just listening to the music and decide if I like it or not.

And about that excuse that there are no gutars becouse of that there are only clips presented: so this "cede.ch" has choosen clips like that on purpose? maybe this record is just soft and we shouldn't expect guitars becouse there would be a time to show them in few of 15 snippets.

12. Shadow

What's funny is that I think they are harder now. They were softer back then. They didn't drop no damn f bombs in hybrid or meteora.

13. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

it took 10 years to pearl jam to go back too their roots they had point that they sounded almost like folk

and i was put off by the lack of guitar AND BASS AND DRUMS...

14. thomas003

thomas003 Well-Known Member

Very true. Everyone has is own interpretation of this music, it's rock, it's pop, it's crap, it's awesome, it's nu-metal, ..., personally I love Linkin Park because it's so unique, it collects so many different styles like rock, elektro, techno, rap and even reggae etc. I'm addicted to this music, it's the only band that I like so much. I have posters and flags of HT but they're staying!

Edit: sorry for my english, Sometimes I can't express myself very good in english.

15. cook

cook Banned

Yay, Kid A and Amnesiac are the most beautiful and magnificent albums I've ever heard, and Hail to the Thief too...and In Rainbows...god dammit, what an awesome band!

16. Shadow

How come you weren't for Hybrid and Meteora? I rarely heard the bass in those days. I still heard the drums here but those 30 secs only revealed so much. I am sure those are there. The guitar, u gotta let it go. This ain't a rock band.

17. arbaks

arbaks Well-Known Member

Radiohead best album is OK Computer

dont call other people idiots just because they have diff opinions

18. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Ehm... Aren't you kind of doing the same?

19. cook

cook Banned

Better.

20. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Your English is fine :). And I agree!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.