MTV Article On Fan Reactions

Discussion in 'News' started by Agent, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    thor

thor Well-Known Member

i dont know if its true but i think fans whos been with linkin park since the very beginning seems to hate the new sound more than those like me who just heard linkin park a couple of years ago when MTM was released. when i first got MTM i didnt know that LINKIN PARK was a nu metal band back in the days. ive never heard of them before(yea how shameful of me). i thought they were just like regular alternative bands out there with MTM. then i went and bought their first two albums and was blown away at how different it was from MTM. now my point is people who adapted to the nu metal sound will generally hate the new sound more than those who just heard about the band 2 years ago.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Counterpoint; I and a few others here had Hybrid Theory before they even had a video for Crawling and have yet to throw a tantrum when "omg wai aint they doin new metal SHIT WAS SO BR00TAL!" every time they decide to do something different.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but when I heard In The End 12 times a day on pop stations, something inside me understood my favorite little rock band wasn't really but so heavy and they would probably be branching off into different directions as time (and global success) went on. That might have just been me though.

tallmarkymark

tallmarkymark Linkin Park. Circa Survive. My Morning Jacket.

well it is true but it isnt true at the same time. ive been a fan since the beginning and i love the new sound but yea some people hate the new sound cause they are stuck in the nu metal past and some people love the new sound.

WhiteSoxLPJuan92

WhiteSoxLPJuan92 Active Member

So we should expect a leak of a thousand suns sept 8 since it comes out in japan? Will it be reported here?

skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

Thats what I hope the new live setup will do to the sound of the older songs. Should be cool

ryyyylp

ryyyylp Well-Known Member

Mainstream rock music now a days gets boring quick to me lately. Im glad this is going to be different.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Maybe not officially, but, at the very least, someone will mention it in the thread for reporting album leaks. ;P

lp_mohd

lp_mohd Banned

minuteforce

Dude, FFS, would you just stop making irrelevant posts in the midst of our discussions? <.<

WhiteSoxLPJuan92

WhiteSoxLPJuan92 Active Member

Yeah I hope it leaks that day I've been dying to hear it I'll buy it at best buy though when I go for midnight launch for halo reach n just buy the special cd/DVD edition

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Agreed. It happens in EVERY thread. It's not news. If you think it is please go to "GOT NEWS" in LP Chat and post there. What you just posted is completely irrelevant.

lp_mohd

lp_mohd Banned

OK

Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

Hehe, i originally planned the same :)
    "Unfortunately", ATS will be released on Sep., 10th in Germany. But i guess i can deal with that ;-)

Since listening to ATS i honestly don´t care about articles like MTV just did. I love it, i can´t believe i have to wait that long to hear it again and i hope a lot of LPA/LPU people will like it.
    But for me ATS is much more than i expected. And by the way, a friend of mine doesn´t really like anything from MTM and he always calls me to show his "hate" when LP releases stuff. When the catalyst was released i was expecting the same and you know what he told me. "Damn, i wish i would have bought a ticket for October" =) (And he is not the only one i personally know that really loves TC, but wasn´t that hyped for new LP-stuff).
    Too bad LPs Hamburg Gig is sold out since forever, asked him a dozen times but he preferred to visit Limp Biscuit ;-)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
    ToddWilliamson

ToddWilliamson Well-Known Member

this. i hate the amount of people saying 'TEHY DUN SOWND LIEK MAH LINKIN PAAKZ"
    who are they to say what Linkin Park sound like and that the genre they are is 'nu-metal'?

ek583

ek583 Member

You're probably right to a certain extent, but for instance, personally I listened to them first around 2002 and have loved pretty much every single thing they've come out with. Although I didn't really like Collision Course.

But the point is, people who are still stuck in the nu-metal days and are hating LP's new sound, I say good riddance to them!

minuteforce

That'd be all well and good if they were actually disappearing. ;P

They're gonna be all over YouTube ... and also places like the LPMB (which doesn't matter to me), complaining. Endlessly. Just like always.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

MTV should just go back to showing videos again.

Moviten

Moviten [Teh Unknown]

I hate the assumption that if you don't love the Catalyst you're stuck on nu-metal. I haven't been "stuck" on nu-metal since 2003 (back when I was 13) when that stopped being the only genre of music I listened to. LP pretty much got the 10-year-old me into music. But that doesn't mean that once I got older I didn't realize there would come a time for them to change. While I didn't like MtM more than HT, I embraced the change because I thought it would lead to a more natural, musically technical LP sound. I thought LTGYA was a sign of things to come, not In Pieces (not that I didn't like IP, but point standing). That said: I don't hate the Catalyst, but I don't love it. It has grown on me as far as it can [I THINK], so I am just hoping that like most albums, its single may carry an idea, but is far from the best the record has to offer. We'll see, I'm still as excited as I can be for it to come out. And who knows, when the Catalyst is actually on my iPod along with the rest of the album, maybe I'll be wrong and it will grow on me more.

But point is: Even if I end up hating ATS, it doesn't mean I am stuck on nu-metal. My other favorite bands are Bad Religion, A Perfect Circle, Tool, Fair to Midland, etc... So yeah.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

He won't be posting here anymore. We got sick of him posting in all caps, and making irrelevant posts in every single thread. There is an intelligence rule on these boards, and he broke it enough times.

minuteforce

It's more ... that certain people will assume that, if you don't love "The Catalyst", you're refusing to let go of "nu-metal" when it comes to Linkin Park.

YAY! :D Derek, you're amazing.

It relieves me greatly to know the intelligence rule is still in place. :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.