The Catalyst Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Np :) fixed.

2. MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

Cool video, just wished I liked the song more

3. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

@Minus :lol: Oh that was great

4. misachickk

misachickk New Member

i wasnt sure if i was gonna like the "new lp", but the video was AMAZINGG
    cant wait to hear/see the rest of the album :)

5. Bmoult

Bmoult LP FOR LIFE

I am very happy to be a new LPA member first off!!! Second off, this video is unbelievable! The band is evolving to a level that I thought was not possible. They are above and beyond any other band out there. This video is exploding with dark energy and more motivation out of the group than ever before. The amount of passion displayed shows why they are who they are. They are the most sought out band in my mind that is making music right now. The apocalyptic undertone is popular in movies and music right now, but they create it in a different way. This video is open to interpretation, and the destruction is there but not right in your face. The one word I will finish this post with is...EPIC! LP FOR LIFE

6. iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

I have a love hate relationship with the new lp. I love the new music and I hate it. I've been a fan since about 2001 and its like cool this is a new sound but also I just got a big fuck you from the band. Like I played the catalyst with a school project yesterday and nobody new that it was Linkin Park, and didnt believe me when I told them it was, which i think its bad if you cant identify a band when you hear there new music. Some kid said LP stopped making music after meteora, because now there just doing what everyother musician does with just throwing thats of beats on top of each other and trying to erase there past style. Such a love hate relationship i have with this band, but i love them and the catalyst!

7. cstebila

cstebila an emerging paradigm

Welcome! Relatively new here myself, and back on topic I do agree with you on the amount of passion shown in the video, Chester really goes large with it and scores, not to many other frontmen could display so much without looking plain weird, however he pulls it off :)

8. tallmarkymark

tallmarkymark Linkin Park. Circa Survive. My Morning Jacket.

I dont like that kid lol

9. rafey

rafey Member

I held off from watching it online as recorded a show on MTV2 that I'm pretty sure debuts videos. The Catalyst was not to be found. I'm setting something on Much called "New Music Videos" to record tomorrow in hopes of finding it.

10. _Depression

_Depression Well-Known Member

It was premiered on MTV, not MTV2. Sorry. =/

11. rafey

rafey Member

The Catalyst" video premieres at midnight August 25 (technically, the 26th) on MTV.com and VH1.com, and then on MTV, VH1, MTV2, mtvU, MTV Hits, MTV Tr3s and all MTV international territories at 8 p.m. ET/PT on August 26.

That's from MTV.com. Anyone else with such an issue?

12. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

13. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

To attack a Straw Man is to attack a fake version of the thing the straw man represents. ie, oversimplify or exaggerate the negative qualities of something and then attack it like it was the real thing. The visual comes from when people practicing with swords would fight straw men rather than real people because straw people are easier to defeat.

It's considered a logical fallacy, but since we were talking about our rather subjective opinions about music videos I don't think much objective logic is very applicable here, just complaining about tone. BTW, complaining about tone without responding to the points said post made within is also a logical fallacy.

And now you know! *cue star* And knowing is half the battle.

Sounds like fun. Too bad I'm not french, but I shouldn't be the one to complain lol.

14. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I am interested in the music video contest but I doubt I will be able to make something as good as the official video. :awesome:

15. jedibeaner

jedibeaner Well-Known Member

I have to be honest. I didn't like the video. I love the song, but video..not so much. Mike looks awesome though.

16. Brentaliath

Brentaliath Revived 2012

Love the concept, love the visuals, great representation of the song. Can't wait for Sep 14...:)

17. Hybrid_theory_110

Hybrid_theory_110 Member

I don't like the song b8 i like the music video.

18. cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

19. A.06

A.06 Well-Known Member

I totally disagree. The dust is the main theme, less of it would've made it look like wanted-to-but-couldn't-pull-it-off.
    The powder was the final element, using it more would've wasted the effect. Similar to the shutter sound thing in Plaster and One Step Closer. The destruction is enough, because that is how you would experience it. Why would you give a fuck if in that very moment a building downtown crumbled as this whole thing happens when you live in the suburbs or something. The powerful element was the music and the use of the powder.

I would like to see more of Brad though, I can agree with that. :)

The cut in the beginning after Mike's first verse when he looks like he's gonna continue singing when there's actually a break still bothers me. :(

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  20. darkviruz

darkviruz Well-Known Member

Amazing Video..great Single. Finally i can enjoy the new Album in September.

The Scene where Mike sits in car..great...the coloured dust...amazing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.