ATS Preview Clips Coming 2 Weeks Before Release

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Flooder

Flooder Active Member

Great news :). 320 MP3's are good enough for me to listen.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I am going to listen to all of them as soon as they are released. :rasberry:

The Candidate

The Candidate Well-Known Member

Does somebody thought of the possibility that they'll release a clip each day until the release date?
    Or is it sure that we'll get all 15 clips on Tuesday? I'm not sure. Like some others said....If they released clips of all songs (30-45 sec.)...some tracks would leak complety.

Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

When Linkin Park / or indeed most people for that matter - Say 'In 2 weeks time', it usually means in 10-16 days time. Doesn't mean 14 days specifically.

And also with the candidate above me. Here's my answer on "If the Clips will be revealed 1 a day leading up to the 14th. If you read it properly it clearly states this :-

"ATS Preview Clips Two Weeks Before Release Date"

: Now it wouldnt say 'Two weeks before' if the final clip would be released a day before the album release date would it :/. Common Sense guys, Common sense...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
    tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

I highly agree :p But omg I totally ruined meteora for myself, I think if I remember correctly like the album leaking ahead of time I felt so bad haha. But Minutes to Midnight I bought and listened to ALL the clips which spoiled it a bit for me. I am doing 2-3 this time.

DecanoLP

DecanoLP Active Member

Damn, I was hoping to get the digital version on the 10th since ATS is coming out in Germany on this date. So I have wait until the 11th because my normal copy is arriving at this date =/

But first clips sound gooooood :D

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Isn't WMA and AAC lossless?
    So why not just rip the songs into that format?
    Let the super long lecture about WMA+AAC begin!

I'm gonna so totally bass this stuff out of my PC through my super expensive audio card into my super expensive headphones. :D

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Wow, haha....well no spoilers for me. And guess if I do get my cd early, I won't be able to have the album on my ipod until I get my mp3!

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

1) The original WMA format was NOT lossless. Also, it's a Windows only format.
    2) AAC is a lossy, not lossless format. Also, it has limited support.
    3) The common computer user does not understand the difference between many of the codecs and containers that most audiophiles cherish.
    4) And even if they did, there's the problem of space and accommodation. If they were to introduce an AAC format for the album, they'd STILL need the MP3 format for those who don't use AAC. People would start complaining about both formats and then a FLAC version would get posted up. And as we've seen with NIN's venture into multiple formats, that causes a lot of strain on wherever these files are being hosted. Now imagine all the LP fans attempting to download the album in multiple formats at the same time.

I'm assuming you're speaking of the full songs on the 14th, and not the preview clips. If the former, then do this: when you get the CD, you can rip the songs to whatever format you please.

If the latter, who cares? They're only preview clips.

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

This was actually very clear, thanks for the explanation :)
    I am sorry if i opened a topic out of argument (even if not completely, as the quality is something many people expects) but i was just curious.
    Anyhow, the fact is everybody still said "when you rip it to mp3", but my question was not about ripping it, if not a direct conversion.
    When you work -example- on Ableton and you generate your music through VST, they are all midis. While you work into the software, you can set the bitrate quality to whatever you want it to be (44100 as wav, 48000 or even more). So basically the midis are working all the time with wav quality.
    Once The Artist choose to convert it, he can do it to mp3 320 or wav or other stuff and i believe IN THAT point the quality is the same. Of course 128 or 192 mp3 are awful. So i never talked about ripping it from a cd, but just DELIVERED from LP's studio in mp3 format, to make it clear.
    I remember the special edition of MTM had mp3 too on a file to be used, and i believe those were from studio and in perfect quality. Cause the conversion, mp3 or not, happened even tho with 44100 or 48000 bitrate, so is a wave quality.
    I hope i was clear, but anyway i won't continue further cause i know is not the topic ^^

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

You can never get 'perfect quality' from an mp3. You can get close, but the way in which it converts audio means there will ALWAYS be something lost.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Will the Special Edition with black cover be in stores too?

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

yeah, they'll have limited copies of those in stores.

rgillies

rgillies Active Member

Would love to pre-order the album from the Linkin Park site and get the download on the day but unfortunately living in the Scottish Highlands requires a postage cost of £11 :(

Nemesis23

Nemesis23 Well-Known Member

Exactly what Minus said here. 320kbps quality mp3's are very close to studio quality, but not quite. You still have aliasing. The only way to get true studio quality is to hear it in the studio because even FLAC isn't true studio quality, but it's as close as it gets.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

The exact phrase on linkinpark.com is

- Access to preview the album two weeks before release date

I don't see why they would release a clip each day, otherwise I would have thought it would say something like "preview the album beginning two weeks before release" or "leading upto". I'm pretty sure this is going to be the same as any other album clips, probably 15 - 30 seconds long. Also, I doubt this means the full songs would leak just because of these clips, after all, it is Linkin Park releasing the clips.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I might listen to the preview of Blackout and one more song. But i wont let the snippet ruin(kinda) the album for me!

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

I personally will listen to all the snippets. It won't, and shouldn't, ruin the album for me or anyone else. If its meant to be a journey, it will be a journey - when we have the whole thing. For now, we have previews :)

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

Offtopic of this for a minute cuz i got a question..but on Best Buy's website they have an "A Thousand Suns" Best Buy exclusive version...what else comes with the cd for the exclusive version?

20. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Just the NoBrain "The Catalyst" Remix as a bonus track which won the Featuring You contest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.