ATS Preview Clips Coming 2 Weeks Before Release

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Titanium Bunnie says he doesn't know

[\ [\
    [='_']=
    [_["]["]

Linkinarmy

Linkinarmy Sins of our fathers LPA VIP

Why would you want to do that?

skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

I'm not listening to the snippets. Waiting for 9/7 haxoor Lazor Showz

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

If it's at all possible, I want to cancel my deluxe edition and just get the CD/DVD.

If I would have known that I wouldn't get my stuff until October, I would not have gotten the deluxe edition. Getting the CD/DVD on the 14th is a huge deal to me. Yes, I realize I will get the MP3 but I want CD quality. Also I dont want to wait a month to watch the documentary.

So is there a way to cancel a pre order or is it set in stone?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I'm not sure to be honest, but be aware that the Deluxe Edition is a little different from the CD/DVD version. The Deluxe Edition has completely different packaging and the CD & DVD have their own respective digipacks, unlike the Special Edition where it has the combined Digipack. Not a big deal, but if you're a collector you could always buy both.

Benjamin

I would consider buying both if I wasn't broke right now haha. I would definitely sacrifice all the extra perks to get it on the 14th.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Be prepared for a lot of complaints the day these snippets come out, I know that a bunch of people are gonna judge the album based on them.
    I'm pretty excited to finally get a taste of the songs.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The fine print right on the site during the preorder said it would ship in october. This has been known since the pre-order was announced. It takes more time to produce the items in the pre-order as they're high quality.

Either way, there should be a way to contact the people who sent the order email to cancel it.

Benjamin

I know it was 100% my fault. I simply didn't see the text. I'm really pissed at myself right now. I think I may have read it as getting it a day late, rather than a month late.

Derek

Check the pre-order email. They might have an email to contact with questions lol.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Are you gonna listen to the clips, Derek?

evulture

evulture Banned

btw CD single of Catalyst is out. :D :D

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I won't be listening to snippets, leaks or anything other than the occasional spin of The Catalyst until I get the CD in my hands.

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Ah yes of course, is the point i don't like and after all even if you are an open mind person, in the end you don't really feel satisfied after snippets. The truth is 30 seconds are nothing, and when we heared the clips of the catalyst first of the electro instruments and Chester and suddently the new one of Mike's Lifet me up Let me go part, we realized how a song can change.

On a different note, it sounds good to get the album in digital too and actually i never really understood people saying "I want cd quality", cause when the band converts a project file (example midi) to WAV or MP3 320 kb/sec it is the same. Is impossible to define a difference. If you convert the WAV to Mp3, that is another thing, but the digital version is surely cd quality!

zoffy

zoffy Well-Known Member

I am an iron maiden fan too and I know for fact that the 30 second previews for their new album were posted on a site at least 18 days before the official album release. Brandon flowers solo album samples are already on the net and the album has similar release dates to ATS. So im fully expecting the samples to be online sooner than it says on the site.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Stoked !!!

Derek

320 is not better then CD. Flac is cd quality.

ricky34024

ricky34024 Well-Known Member

By the way, I was looking at the Making of The Catalyst video on the pre-order page and around 0:36 you could see a bulletin board with some notes on the video. However, the page refreshed itself & changed the video so I barely had time to skim through it and the youtube version isn't a high enough resolution. From what I remember, the bulletin talks about where the phrase a thousand suns comes from and about nuclear fission and how they wanted to show the concept of the power of the multitude vs the power of the self in the video & how some things can appear beautiful but dangerous, like an atomic explosion viewed from far away. Joe Han :"My goal with this video is to encapsulate the ..[some long word].. of the new Linkin Park album" On the right column, it says he will achieve this by distorting images between high & low resolutions and by showing some beautiful imagery. There's also a yin yang sign on the bulletin. I wish I could've been more precise but the image is so blurry!

Benjamin

It will be hard not to give these a listen. I may decide to just listen to Blackout since we basically have that snippet already. Maybe the Messenger to since I already have a feel for what it will sound like (Chester/Acoustic)

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Are you sure? I mean i didn't say is "better" than CD, just if you convert the midi to wav or mp3 should be the same -if it comes from the original project file-.
    Otherwise, what's the difference?

EDIT: and flac doesn't serve to "keep" the quality in the same height of the -already once- converted file? Obviously if you take a finished wav and want to convert it to 320 mp3 you lose quality, but i don't think is the same if it comes from the main project.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.