LPU10 Coming Soon

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

This is definitely what I was thinking. I like that it's more expensive, hence making it a greater chance to meet the band. I have no complaints LPUX AT ALL.

So there will be new music, but it will all be digital? No physical cd's? That's what it sounds like. And that's fine by me.

2. AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

Yes, there will DEFINITELY be a physical CD!! And... I'm really really pushing hard for digipacks. We used the slipcovers in the past only best they had to fit in the best buy box, but since those won't exist, hopefully we'll see the return of a REAL CD case! No promises though. It's just something I REALLY REALLY want to try to do!

Just to be clear... the CD will be sold seperately. As I said earlier, no more package memberships.

3. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Thanks adam..my only issue with the presale is that if we get the monthly membership...we don't know what month the presale sales start for the states yet. So it is hard for us to decide when to sign up. now if we get the monthly lpu and presale tickets at anytime then awesome!

4. Benjamin

I am so pumped for this. My guess is more 2008 demos or something regarding the 10th anniversary of HT. Whatever it is I'm sure it will be great! Is there a reason why LPUX is starting earlier than normal? Usually LPU starts November/December..

5. AdamWBR

Ah! Another thing I forgot to address...

If you pre-order a monthly membership NOW, you WILL have access to the US pre-sale. Not saying that it will start in the next month, but when the pre-sale does eventually start, anyone who pre-ordered the monthly membership will be able to access it!!

6. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Usually in every instance, when shows are announced, they will announce when pre-sale and tickets go on sale. This will give you a few days at the latest to buy your monthly membership before they go on sale.

7. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I'm working on deciding if I want to spend the extra money to have a chance for meet and greets. Since it is only a chance....but how high...i dunno, i live in MN :p

Anyhow, thanks Adam and Joe for the info

8. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Wait so I'm confused. I bought the annual pass (the $60) one. When does it activate? As in, when will I actually be able to log into the LPU site?

EDIT: Scratch those questions. I didn't know how to read for about 10 seconds.

9. Benjamin

I'm confident that the chance will be more than decent.

10. Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Adam, my LPU 9 membership doesn't expire until June 2011. I don't plan on renewing for months, does that mean that I won't have access to the presales or chance for a meet and greet when the US tour dates start?

11. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Odds for winning M&G's depend on how many people have entered (which will be different for every show) vs what ever limit LPU puts on the number of winners (which will probably be around 15 or 20 per M&G)

I don't know if I'll be renewing. I'm leaning towards no, but mine doesn't expire until February or something. They'll have to do something pretty great to convince me. For $60 I'd expect a CD & shirt, having to pay even more for them seperately + S/H is ridiculous.

You should be fine for pre-sales and M&G's as long as it's in your year period, i.e. anytime before your account expires should be covered regardless of what changes the site goes through.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  12. wiiesel

wiiesel Well-Known Member

haha....better chances for pre sale tickets.
    I remember the presale for the german shows this year. the tickets were 2 € cheaper. wow...I don't need that.

meet the band? ok...cool feature.
    I'm in the LPU because of the MB, the chat's and the package! And now I have to pay $60 for that minus the package? I don't get it...
    Less things, higher prize...once again I don't get it!

13. Benjamin

Adam JUST said there is a package! This is what it's like: You pay 60 bucks, get the new demo INSTANTLY. Then you get pre sale opportunities, meet and greet opportunities and a chance to chat with the band. Since it's more expensive, less people will get the option to meet the band making your chance greater to meet them. IN ADDITION, you will have acces TO A PHYSICAL CD when it becomes available. There will be a CD, just not at this moment.

14. AdamWBR

Your current expiration date will be honored. You'll have access to meet and greets and presales just like before until it expires.

Just to clear any confusion, the physical CD will NOT be included with your membership. It will be sold seperately.

15. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Are fans eligible for a meet and greet if they're signed up as a LPU member only?

16. wiiesel

wiiesel Well-Known Member

There is no package! You have to pay for the CD !

There is nothing more or new if you compare LPU9 with LPUX.
    Only difference...no package but higher prize! why not $20?
    What is the thing making the membership that expensive?

17. youknowhu

youknowhu Well-Known Member

I'm gonna wait for the confusion to simmer down before I upgrade to LPUX...meanwhile, I'll enjoy my crappy, downloaded-from-Youtube version of "Pretend to Be". :)

18. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It's more expensive because more money means MORE THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. Do you think these laser light shows and release day concerts are free to the band? Do you think that they just snap a finger and suddenly they can have a concert? No, they have to pay the venue and the concert promoters to have the concert actually happen. That's what was so incredible about the free LPU tour. The band actually LOST money out of their own pockets to make that tour work. Bands don't make a lot of money from record sales. The record labels and other people get most of that money before the band even gets a chance to sniff it. The only way the band can truly make money is through merchandise sales, touring and fan club packages. If you take a look at the bottom of the page, in the fine print...the LPU isn't sponsored by WB and WB has nothing to do with it. No instead it's all on the band and THEY have to pay to keep the LPU running. And making a package full of earbuds, shoelaces, guitar picks etc and other crap people didn't really care about, cost the band money and most people didn't even use the package items (except for the pick, shirt and CD) after they got them. I have a drawer full of LPU stuff that I've never touched. It's useless, and I had no need for it.

So I can understand why the LPU is more expensive. Considering the band wants to keep doing exclusive events like the ones in the LPU pre-order page, the money has to come from somewhere, and that just so happens to be the fanclub cost. Just like when you pre-order...WB doesn't get a penny of that. You are buying it directly from the band. It's why it's recommended you order it there rather than go to say, Best Buy...because the band won't see barely any of that profit.

Just wait until LPU10 launches before designating it a failure or saying it's a rip-off. The band wouldn't charge more unless there was good reason for it.

19. thegame87

thegame87 Well-Known Member

How do I upgrade my LPU9 membership?

20. Ant

Ant Ambient

No disrespect, but that's not how economics work. If it costs far more and far less people sign up, there very well may not be more money -- in fact, there may be a lot less money.

That said, I'll reserve judgment until more information (especially the CD) is revealed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.