The Linkin Park Association Database

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by hawk, Aug 15, 2010.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Hello.

"LPFaneki" has recently released a early version of his Linkin Park Database project that he is working on. For those of who you don't know you an read his post about it here, it is basically an offline Linkin Park database with a bio for the band and each individual band member and a whole lot more. My idea is to fuse this idea with the content of the Linkin Park Association, this could include bio, discography, gallery, media and whatever other features would be included. This would then be the official offline database of the LPA, and instead of re-releasing the database whenever you need to add a discography section of a new single or something you can pile up the updates and when it gets to a certain point then re-release it. This way people don't have to keep checking everyday for a new update, and wasting the persons monthly bandwidth.

Anyway, I just thought of it and thought I might share it. Nothing to loose, right?

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

With almost everyone in the world having broadband, I don't see the need for this. And for the people stuck on dial up...if you count the gallery and media, we have nearly 3 gigabytes of content, which would take a week to download on dial up if we were to release it as an offline package. I don't see the point of it.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm gonna have to agree with Todd here. Lpfaneki's project is very cool, but we have way too much content on here to release it as an offline package.

And as for information, we're already making that Wiki site public next week, after we get the podcast and other things sorted.