The Catalyst Out Now!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebae

thebae New Member

i think "The Catalyst" is cool! but if this song is compare with "What I've Done", I think What I've Done Win!!... ^_^

ps. i'm new in here, i'm sorry if my english make you get some headech.. :sweating:

2. MS_DC

MS_DC Member

Was The Catalyst supposed to be available in Best Buy today?

3. I'm excited for you! The last 3 times they were in Dallas, TX I saw em. Each time it totally blew me away! Enjoy and have a rad time. I can't wait for them to ocome back and tour in the US. Have tons of fun!

4. DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

I just cannot fathom how anyone could like WID more. That is not to bash you or anything. I'm just saying.

5. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

OSC 8th favorite song on HT
    SIB 9th favorite song on M
    WID 7th favorite song on MtM
    IMO this is by far the best first single from the previous three records. Can't imagine what they've got on ATS that surpasses this!

6. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Physical CD? No, that'll be out later in the month. August 27th, if I remember correctly...?

Yup, I agree. I end up liking the other songs more than most of the singles they've released.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  7. Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Fuck my hands are sticky...lol

I'm in love with the drumming but I do wish the Guitars were brought up a little bit in the mix. In love with the Synth as well, the only thing I'm a little meh about is the repetition. Other then that is song is quite epic one of their best singles definitely.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  8. LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

Eh. I'm not impressed.

Way too repetitive for my taste. I am interested in getting the full album and hearing everything before I bust Linkin Park's balls.

As a fan for 10+ years, I expected something mind-blowing with "The Catalyst". This really isn't much different from the crap we heard in the Medal of Honor trailer.

Sure, it has some nice parts. But I absolutely DESPISE the techno breakdown towards the middle of the song. It's horrific. :mad:

Done ranting :rasberry:

9. e_yas7

e_yas7 Active Member

i am a big linkin park fan, and not of those people who didn't like MTM - but this song.. i don't like at all. i am still listening to it only because it's linkin park - if this is some other artist's song, i wouldn't be listening to it.. but this is my opinion of course!

Thanks!

10. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

You didn't like the track layering on the song? I agree with the rest. For their Reanimation structures and Hybrid Theory "punch" I think this song is actually one of their best craft.

11. LP/DBS/FMFreak8908

LP/DBS/FMFreak8908 Well-Known Member

LOVE THE SONG!!!!...ITS SO FUCKING EPICLY INCREDIBLE!!!..

12. Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

I can. What I've Done was actually a well-constructed song. The lyrics still left a little to be desired, but I would definitely play that again in my iTunes.

This, not so much. It's a shame too, because I like the Lift me up and synthy breakdown, but the repetitive vocals and that godawful electric drum layer kill the song for me. Just too...meh.

13. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

For everyone who isn't impressed, I recommend listening with good earphones. This song is a completely different experience with earphones.

14. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Hmm, I fail to see the repetitive thing, sure the lyrics are repeating, but there is not one section of this song that is the same musically, and the unconventional verse / chorus action is nothing we have seen before on any Linkin Park song. I think it's a very diverse song, and the lyrics are deliberately the same throughout to emphasize the progressing climax of the song.

15. Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

My brother has this really good subwoofer in his room, so we listened to The Catalyst on that, and it was even more incredible. When the bass from Phoenix kicks in, it's quite awesome.

16. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

WID was simple. beginning, keyboard, main chorus without voice, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus with only chester and guitar, chorus, keyboard, outro.

The catalyst is
    a) fast at the beginning and then slow
    b) divided into two parts (electrodrums/piano)

and doesnt feature the linkin park song scheme they used to put on every song.

The techno synth might have not been a wise choice, and those electrodrums neither but LP isnt perfect. they just want to get rid of all that old LP style that is in a musicians opinion nothing new and exciting. I guess they are not motivated when they do the same old songs again. Artists often search evolvement and challenges...

btw I really believe now that the catalyst is a message to us fans.

"lifte me up, let me go" -> let go the old LP sound
    "it cant be outfought,) the challenge

17. Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis Well-Known Member

I've listened to it over 5 minutes. Its a bit of a iffy track for me. Its has a epic sound in the last 3 minutes, but the build up takes a while, and the lyrics are repetitive. Fortunately, lyrically it probably won't be nearly as tiresome as Bleed It Out. A interesting note is that the song did not feel long at all for being 5:42 minutes. In fact, it feels just about the perfect length and it delivers without leaving us wanting more. In contrast, to me The Little Things You Give Away was TOO long. Granted, that song was 40 seconds longer and the pacing was slower on that song as well.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I rate it 7.5/10 as of yet.

18. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

This will quickly become one of my most played LP songs.

19. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I think this band can do what they did with Hybrid Theory: Blow everyone's mind and make a genre never heard before. Just picture a track somewhat like this with rapping in it! That would definitely be "genre busting."

Mike's singing has opened a thousand doors for A Thousand Suns :lol:

And I thought this was cool: http://espn.go.com/ ESPN's homepage has an ad for the MOH trailer and even shows LP's promo art on the middle right part of the page. Teaming up with MOH was a smart move!

20. Saoberlinwaves

Saoberlinwaves Banned

The vocals never change... There's no diversity to the song at all in terms of the vocals... I thought a "proggy" song would be all over the place and have many different parts to it... this is just the same thing repeated five or six times with different words. By proggy I thought we would see something like The Light and the Glass by Coheed or something... The hooks in this song are just non-existent. Musically I love this song and from an instrumental standpoint the build-up is fantastic but this is vocally one of the most generic songs LP has made to date

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.