Medal of Honor/The Catalyst Trailer Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Kæton, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vic

Vic No game no life

After a lot of listening to this.. I found that this song is going to be beast, much better than a lot of songs from LP, I love everything. Everything is just perfectly matched. LP you did it again!! :lol:

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I love the 'ah-ah-ohhh' around 3:42. Amazing harmonizing by Chester.

3. The iSCREAM

The iSCREAM Active Member

lol.. i've been played this Video 77 times on my Winamp O.O..
    i can't wait til tomorrow >_<'.. i'll stay tune with The Catalyst on this trailer lol

4. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

I think once again Mr. Hahn is the man! Love the song have to admit that it took a couple of times to hear but grew to love it.

5. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

This time tomorrow we'll have the full song. 24 hours exactly.

6. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

After taking a few more listens to this song I can't get enough and I want more. I keep thinking how much better this song is going to sound booming in my car tomorow. :awesome:

7. Switchback

Switchback Well-Known Member

I like it.
    But in regards to the game, seems like more desensitization.

8. lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

that's cool !!

i want the full version in my CAR ... hehehehehe

9. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

[youtube]fEkWH8DB7b0[/youtube]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  10. OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

I'm still wondering why people are comparing LP to Limp Bizkit. :lol:

11. usblackbird

usblackbird Well-Known Member

LMAO WIN Not for the comment, but for the gif alone. LOL

Edit: aw you changed it =(

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  12. spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

I couldn't agree more. I'm somehow reserving hope that the album contains at least a few tracks I can like when listening to. I'm canceling my pre-order until proved otherwise though.

13. OkamiSensei

Apparently I'm lying here because I really liked the song, LP or otherwise. :lol: If you'd take a look at my iTunes you'd see what I mean.
    Anyway, I think it's best that we approach this album/song with an open mind and wait for the full version. :)

14. EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

Okay first off I really, really, really like what I've heard so far. I don't love everything about it, but I really like it and am excited to hear the final version.

But I think one thing that is freaking some people out a little bit is that not only is this not a typical LP song, this isn't even structured like a regular song by anyone (VCVCBC), and is a weird and ballsy choice for a first single. Plus, it is the 14th track on the album, and if this is a figurative 'concept' album with a loose theme going through it, and we have heard there could be an interlude to the next song, and (one more) the next track is 'The Messenger', then maybe this is just the first part of an epic two part close to the album. It is the setup for the insane epicness that could be 'The Messenger'.

Again if I'm right, this would make this song an awfully odd choice for a first single. But as one person's signature has a picture on here: "'Traditional' rock band? F*** that!" I'm starting to think we might need the entire album to really grasp each song.

I know this won't change anyones mind probably who does not like what they have heard, for whatever reason. And honestly, that's fine. But if you've put this much faith into a band for so long, I think you should be able to give them the benefit of the doubt and give the CD a listen.

15. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

This song reminds me of reading Hemingway, particularly his good stuff. At first your response is: "Wait.. is that it?" Then it eats at you, "no, that can't be it, there's no way," you might say. So you go back, and you read again. This time you discover something about it that you like, but you're still wondering what the big deal is. Read again. Again. Again. By the time this process is over and you have digested the work you are not only in love you can't wait for the next one.

This has been my experience with this trailer. My first reaction was to lower my expectations since only three minutes of the song was actually playable. That was probably my first mistake.

This song will surprise all of us, I'm convinced of that.

16. OkamiSensei

This. I applaud you, sir. :D

17. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

Might I add that one thing that people seem to be really getting cheesed at is that the structure of this song is almost entirely high-energy. Even LP's old High Energy works like "Faint," "Bleed it Out," and "Given Up," did not maintain this level of freneticism throughout as this song does. It takes off faster than the road runner and it doesn't stop until the break down. In short, it's exhausting to try to keep up with.

18. SuperSaiyan4Kev

SuperSaiyan4Kev Well-Known Member

To both comments.....i disagree, because i stick behind the band yes....but i dont like every song they make, but i do like this song, you cant sit here and think theyre going to make songs like "a place for my head" or "poa", give them a break....its been over 10 years, let them evolve, i know ive changed a lot in ten years, at least theyre music has a great point to them unlike most bands, and im buying 100.00 box set

19. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

This assumption that people must only like it because they're fanboys is about as bad as the assumption that people don't like it just because they don't want the band to change.

20. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Honestly, the electronica elements sometimes feel awkward to me and sometimes feel fine. I'm hoping the full song flows and progresses better so that it all seems to make more sense.

I love electronic influences in rock though, so if LP can pull this off I'll be a happy camper. I like the new direction they are doing: I just hope they can do it well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.