The Catalyst Early Pre-Order Confirmation

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Ace31

Ace31 Well-Known Member

Glad I bought it off Amazon for a lot cheaper since I'll probably hear the song at the same time you all do anyway.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

We will get it when we get it. I can underStand the anger but really nothing can be done about it. After a few days most will forget about it and will be enjoying/hating the song. :)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Has anyone actually taken the time to think that this could've been the labels fault? The label may have prevented the early release of the song due to fears of a widespread leak and it affecting the sales of the digital release which I'm sure will be available on Monday.

Don't be so quick to blame the band or Mike all the time guys. There could always be other outlying reasons for the release of the mp3 not coming today or before it's radio release.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Throwing money away is sure fun! lol.

But yeah, This might be a management thing.

projectfallback

projectfallback Well-Known Member

evulture

evulture Banned

dude, every mistake cant be ALWAYS blamed on the record label always and as quoted by a fellow member

its not the first time and they should be careful about it as the band's reputation comes in line.

Derek

Yes, but again...even though it's the band saying this, you have to remember that the band isn't the only one in charge of making sure these things go through. There are literally dozens if not hundreds of people working on the promotion of this album and it's marketing...and sometimes a decision must go through these people, LP and then Warner before it's actually posted. Just because Mike says something is going to happen, doesn't mean it should be taken as gospel. There are many underlying factors to EVERY announcement/exclusive that must be cleared first before they are released.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

So guys, just to clarify...

will Zane Lowe will be playing it on BBC Radio 1 @ 7:30PM (19:30) GMT Tommorow night???

Is that all correct? I dont want to miss it.

Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

Yeah but perhaps they should have consulted with Warner before officially announcing those fans who pre-ordered the album would get to hear the Catalyst before anyone else. It's not a big deal anyway as I'm sure nobody pre-ordered ATS to hear The Catalyst a few hours before the rest of the world, but I can't blame people for being displeased about this news.

Derek

The fans are still going to be linked to an album preview page before anybody else. I'd say that's enough reason to pre-order in itself.

Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

Indeed, I'm sure even if there wasn't a promise about getting to hear the previews most of us would have pre-ordered it anyway. I'm just saying in this specific case, maybe it would have been better to consult with everyone involved (including the label) to make sure their promise about the Catalyst was factual. As you said most probably Warner stopped them from sending it to us earlier, but my point is you have to make sure everything is all mapped out before an official announcement. But anyway, this is only a minor issue and sh*t happens from time to time. Besides, we don't know all the details about it anyway, maybe it was nobody's fault at all.

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I agree, I just think they should wait before the label confirms it before promising it to the fans. I mean, there is a small chance that the label is just repeatedly lying and okaying things they then refuse to do, but I find that a little unlikely. It feels to me like the band just get excited, promise something, then later find out they can't do it (either by the label, or they are just late, or whatever). I mean, Mike made an off the cuff remark about vocals being allowed in the remix contest, people like dangersilent made a whole remix with them, then it turns out they aren't allowed and Mike was promising things he had no right to promise. They have been on the label long enough to know what they do and don't have control over, so they should know to only promise things within their power to deliver.

Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

As far as we know yes.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

What the fuck? So what, are they just going to make iTunes wait to put the song up until after that?

Jesus Christ. Honestly the band would almost be better off leaking The Catalyst themselves at this point. All of the audio stems, remixes, 30 second previews, the chopped up 4 minute version of the song, and now this clusterfuck have completely ruined the experience of getting a new single from LP.

DHopper

DHopper Well-Known Member

I hope you're right. But, given the timing of the single release for pre-order customers, I don't see the album preview being much better. So much of this is out of LP's hands. Companies like Warner need to realize these types of "lies" contribute to the lack of legal music purchases.

evulture

evulture Banned

Well frankly speaking, u are still counting and believing on that NEW promise of LP -or- Warner that they would be having ALBUM preview for you guys. I seriously hope u wont be getting that preview page AFTER the release of the ATS songs/album on the radio or the internet :p :p :p

Shark Attack

Shark Attack Well-Known Member

You could have just not listened to any of it and got the full track on release day...

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

You know, I'm actually fine with getting the single the same time as the radio. I can get over that. The thing I will be pissed about however, and don't take this the wrong way guys... I've let my LPU membership lapse (I know, I'm a bad boy) I've just had bigger things on my plate. New house, new baby, new job, etc etc etc. So when they put up... "Early access to purchase tickets for shows on the band’s upcoming tour." I will be VERY pissed if that word is gone back on. I understand that LPU members deserve something special as well, but if you're gonna offer this to people who pre-ordered, don't go back on it. So, like I said. You wanna give me my single late. Fine. I'll live with it. Let's just hope the rest of the deal sticks.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

That's easy to say now in hindsight. I was sure the song was going to leak too but they did a good job keeping it under wraps.

It just feels horrible to have been completely shafted by some marketing team. Promising us to hear it "first" if you pre-order with them, and by "first" they mean "on the day everyone else gets to hear it." Ridiculous.

Linkin6788

Linkin6788 Member

Are we sure that this news is actually true? I mean, Mike or Linkin Park have always posted news through MikeShinoda.com, twitter, myspace or facebook. But it seems kind of odd this is coming from Linkin Park Australia? Facebook is one site and is worldwide. Why would the band post a message to Australia first? I'm just saying, anybody can make a random image to pass it off as true. I know living in the US I can't access the link, can anyone else? Does anyone have a larger screen shot with anything more official?

Because until then, I will remain skeptical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.