Another Linkin Park Interview

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Seems like the full thing to me. Also there was no rapping on the song like I remember hearing..

ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

Guys, the song is obviously shortened for the trailer. Just listen to the part that had our first 30 second snippet. It's shortened. I can't imagine that's the only part edited out.

tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Yeah too bad we were spoiled by a million clips of this song. Feels like i've heard it already between all the remix's and such....

Edit; We should be getting the FULL song today. Can't wait to hear more of it, this seems to just loop and loop with the same thing almost the whole song.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
    MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

I really don't understand what you are saying but let me elaborate on my point I made earlier. LP is the only band I will purchase music CD's from. The rest I can burn, buy off Itunes, you name it. I have been in the LPU since year 1 so I would easily classify myself a huge fan no matter how bad I personally feel their music may or may not be.

Some of you are taking my first comment out of context so please let me say once more that CHANGE IS NOT A BAD THING...HOWEVER IT MUST MEET THE EXPECTATIONS OF THE FANS THAT HAVE BACKED LP. I gave examples by numbers from their 3 released records and its a clear indication that less people have purchased M2M vs. Hybrid Theory and Meteora. The establishment of Itunes should of helped propel LP sales even more unlike someones comment earlier who suggested that Itunes would take away from overall sales numbers. Itunes makes it easier to purchase music....period. Now granted, M2M has had much less shelf life than HT or Meteora but the span in lack of album sales for M2M outweighs the length of time the albums have been on the shelf.

To summarize what I'm trying to get across is that ultimately I hope A Thousand Suns is their best album yet. And I hope it's as changed up as LP wants it to be. The problem I'm personally having is that we heard the word "change" right before M2M was released and thats easily my least favorite album of theirs. I want to hear a Linkin Park record that makes me feel Linkin Park. It's that sound that drove my obsession in the first place and what has kept me in the LPU all these years. It's the sound that made me feel their lyrics and how each song spoke about a part of my life that somehow they seemed to understand. I know more of you out there feel the same way I do....especially the ones that have closely followed LP from 2000 on.

Linkin6788

Linkin6788 Member

Exactly. I agree with you there. After you hear so many different clips and versions, they start running together so every-time you hear something new, you expect something new. I am however interested when we'll actually receive our pre-ordered copies now that this is out and considering it's less than 24 hours before the release.

MarcusArelius

OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

This.

spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

This is going to be LP's least successful single. Wow.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
    MarcusArelius

I dont know if its going to be their lease successful but its doesnt hold a candle to Somewhere I Belong as the first single for Meteora

spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

Agreed. I was actually pumped for this album, assuming they learned from the MTM experience. Now, I'm not sure what to think.

MarcusArelius

This is so frustrating! I really dislike that (organ) sound that is contantly repeated throughout the Single....the only time in the Medal of Honor trailer that I see it as appropriate is at around 3:00.....Please people am I the only one that feels this way???

OkamiSensei

The organ almost sounds exactly like the clip at the end of "Shadow of the Day" to me. :shrug:

spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

I completely agree. The ending with the lift me up, let me go part is the only thing I can stand. I can't believe LP has released a single I despise. I'm in fucking shock.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

The distortion on the vocals are still a little jarring but otherwise, it's a decent song. Agreeably, something new in terms of Linkin Park's line of singles. Sadly, the 'Featuring You' contest and numerous clips have definitely watered down the experience.

( Yes, I am aware this is 3 minutes out of a 4 - 6 minute track )

evulture

evulture Banned

just listened to the MoH's catalyst song and i can say that the new sound of Linkin Park isnt new, refreshing or not even as Mike said 'Genre-busting'. Disappointed from the single as i would have liked simple ROCK genre than this electronica-based Linkin park

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I said this in the shoutbox but I'll repeat it. When people are incorporating songs in trailers, they're going to play the parts that go with the scene. "God Bless us everyone we're a broken people living under LOADED GUN" goes almost too perfect with MOH. So of course they're going to play that part over and over again. You can't judge the song after listening to a very edited version of it. However, I will jump on the Spraypaint band wagon (for the Catalyst) if there aren't 2 whole verses with lyrics we haven't heard.

OkamiSensei

Tweak

Tweak Well-Known Member

It seems like it is just the same lyrics over and over again, like one big chorus. All the hype around this and this disappointment... I feel physically ill.

OkamiSensei

It's not the full version. Also, *points to previous post* :)

20. MarcusArelius

I think I would be ok with this song as one of the tracks on the album but for LP to name this song as their first single introducing the world to A Thousand Suns is a let down. It's not a very marketable song so I'm surprised they chose this to introduce their "new" sound within their new CD. That's as simple as I can state it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.