Another Linkin Park Interview

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I wouldn't take it personally. They have to be away from their wives & kids, doing the same thing every night thousands of miles away from their families, all whilst hanging out on a bus. Can't say I would be too fond of it either. I'm sure they love playing the shows, but everything else in between becomes a chore.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

THIS.

As an artist that doesn't even tour, last year I flew 500 miles a couple times and as much as performing is fun, it would be alot more awesome if somehow you can teleport home afterward. I think while playing shows you probably aren't thinking "I wanna go home!" but you might afterward

Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

You are 100000000% right my friend!
    It's true. We are not against changing and we are not against LP with their work. Yes it's their job and work and they decide. Change is an important part in everbody's life but ... c'mon we are the fans and if they really love their fans they should respect them and give them what they want. Bizilion of fans are asking to AT LEAST make half of the album mixed between Hybrid Theory And Meteora sounds. The other half let them do what they want.
    Not the WHOLE album different from EVEEERYTHING they did in the previous albums.

;)

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

Linkin Park wants to be the band they want to be and the best damn LP they can be. If they were to release an album almost exactly like HT/M then tonnes of people will be disappointed and only a fraction of their fanbase would be pleased. LP is on the right road to having the identity they want to have, and we all know there are bad/hooligan drivers out there. They have a very good and focused mentality considering the pressure of the consumers.

Linkin_way

Linkin_way LPA VIP LPA VIP

I duno dude. I just want to be optimistic about the new album ;)

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

I find the one positive comment thing odd...haven't we heard at least 2 positive comments from radio stations or magazines already?

Joe

I really couldn't disagree more with what you just said. LP have no obligations to you, me or any other "fan" of the band. They should make music they want to make and enjoy. People need to stop defining Linkin Park with a certain album or sound, because they are not "Hybrid Theory", "Meteora" or "Minutes To Midnight". Who are we to tell them what they should do? They're just six guys making music. I'm personally a fan of these guys for not doing what their label wanted them to do. I think some people should stop classing themselves as Linkin Park fans, and instead just be a fan of "Meteora" or "Hybrid Theory".

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Everything about the new album has been positive.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I loved how I had no idea what to expect with "Minutes To Midnight" -- LP is a band that could do anything, and, so, here we are again, on the brink of hearing a new album and we've hardly any idea of what it sounds like. I wouldn't want a throwaway album that I could figure out right away, least of all from my favourite band. I want something new and challenging, something I could think about for a long time; they pretty much delivered that with the last album (at the very least, to ease us into the whole 'we're not the guys who made "Hybrid Theory" anymore' thing) and they'll definitely deliver that with this upcoming album, whether or not I even like it. :)

This is a band that isn't restricting themselves and isn't letting other people's perceptions and expectations restrict them and their art, and that really deserves respect.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

"Some are made for it. Some love to be out there. But I do not think any of us do, says Mike, but stresses that they still like the performances."

They love performing, but they have to be away from their families for months on end to do it. I'd imagine that'd be very hard, especially with kids. That's the trade off though.

That's not at all how it should work (although it's what happened with Meteora). True, without us they wouldn't be where they are. But anything they owed us for our support (for which they continually express their gratitude) has been met a thousand fold with those hundreds of hours of enjoyment (and maybe therapy for some) listening to their music.

Outside that, they don't owe us anything and what their fanbase wants should never enter the equation when they create music.

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

YES! Granted they have the influence of other helpers in the recording process, but they are apart of the same vision and creation. Still, YES! Mad rrrrrespect brrrrrrrrrrrrrrap!

Ace31

Ace31 Well-Known Member

Yea, because sticking to the same sound they had 10 years ago really helped Limp Bizkit stay relevant in today's music scene.

Seriously though, LP would lose my respect big time if they never changed their sound. I remember the first time I heard QWERTY and being completely underwhelmed because it had been about 3 years since Meteora and they sounds EXACTLY the same. There was no growth, there was no maturity, it was exactly the same. So I applaud LP for trying something new, even if I end up not liking it.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
    Vic

Vic No game no life

hehe Brad is right. Band satisfied : Me satisfied :lol:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, like, there are a lot of bands I simply stopped liking because, while they'd have a good sound going, they never really evolved between albums and just became one-trick ponies.

The fact that this upcoming LP album will be even further from "Hybrid Theory" than "Minutes To Midnight" was is pretty cool to me - and the fact remains that they're still Linkin Park like they were before, so it'll be a progression from their past work, as "Midnight" was.

Asua

Asua Well-Known Member

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Joe

Asua

Asua Well-Known Member

Same, I was having a listen and thought, this can't be the song?
    He also points out that there's no guitar. We no for sure that isn't true :)

Joe

Well he was right in a sense, the remix people seem to be thinking is the song has no guitar, but still. I don't get why more this remix has been confused as the actual song more than once.

Linkin6788

Linkin6788 Member

Just a thought here, but it's only 12:40 on the East Coast. When Linkin Park posted their message to fans about the pre-order a few days ago, it wasn't until around midnight Pacific time. I think there is a chance we could be hearing the song within the next few hours. If we've been told that "we who pre-ordered it" would hear it before anyone else, then it's safe to assume that we would hear it before Joe's MoH World Premiere tomorrow. (I'd assume the premiere of the MoH video is less than 12-16 hours away anyway so if they're true to their world, the next 16 hours could be crucial for us "pre-orderers") And if there are any legalities with Warner Brothers, it'll technically be August 1st, 2010 at 12:00 am PST and 3:00 am EST. So it's a waiting game and a theory, just a theory...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.