Mike Gives Details Regarding ATS & Album Length

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

From LP's facebook:

"Our new song "The Catalyst" will be released on Monday, August 2nd, but you don't need to wait that long to hear it. Order any of our pre-order items at LinkinPark.com and we'll send you "The Catalyst" FREE before anyone else has a chance to hear it or buy it."

AWWH YEAH!

Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

I'd say there will be instrumentals, and that most of the songs will be longer than we're expecting. Just the extreme variety of sounds contained in The Catalyst leads me to believe that it's by no means a short song, and if Linkin Park was really just letting their creativity flow it's highly likely that they weren't putting themselves on radio based restrictions like having very neat, tidy, choruses or songs lasting about 3 minutes.

That said.. 50 minutes is a good chunk of time people, and it will be an even better chunk of time if you listen to the album instead of simply putting it on repeat and playing it in the background while you enjoy your brand new copy of starcraft II that I can't play because I haven't updated my laptop in a while and therefor don't have the graphics capacity for (Do I sound bitter?). So grab yourself some good headphones, turn down the lights, turn off the TV and close your eyes while LP tucks you in with sounds that they've worked very hard to make for you. And while you're doing that try to be appreciative of the effort they've put into this. ;)

Linkin6788

Linkin6788 Member

This is really annoying, apparently those who purchased when Linkin Park posted the news on Facebook have already received it as a download. Those of us who have pre-ordered have no even gotten it yet.

EDIT: Apparently several comments on facebook and other message boards indicated they'd already downloaded it. All were lies or fake remixes. I apologize for the wild-fire that pursued.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
    Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

if thats true it would be on youtube right now.

Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

It's not out yet, I guarantee you that. You'd see it on torrent sites, etc.,

WheresMyFckngFrappuccino?

WheresMyFckngFrappuccino? I ordered a frappuccino.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? WHO SAID THAT???

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

You are incorrect.

PFortyy

PFortyy Banned

Looks like I'll be waiting for that DL link via email then :)

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I'd wait until Sunday - they won't give you it three days earlier, too much leakage.

Linkin6788

Linkin6788 Member

I'd think you could even think Saturday night or, like you said, Sunday. With the time difference in other countries, if it's released Monday overseas, it'd be Sunday in the U.S. So if they give it to us "before anybody else hears it" that could range from a day to, well, where we are now. So a day early, overseas = Sunday, but in the U.S = Saturday. Who knows. It's a guessing game...although I think it is interesting that they chose to make an announcement so late at night when other countries (other than the U.S.) are already halfway through their days....coincidence?

Also, the song is featured at the X-Games and for the Medal of Honor trailer (MoH- Aug. 1st). So given all of this info, we might see the Catalyst be released to fans sooner than we anticipated.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

"I like your music, i have all your album.. but, why you make " The Medal of Honor Game " I'm Moslem, i hate you. i throw away all your songs... go to hell"--best LP facebook quote ever

Linkin6788

Linkin6788 Member

Hahahaha. Sadly enough, some of the facebook comments that keep popping up are absolutely hysterical.

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

Haha, nice!

Regarding the album length, I'm a bit disappointed. I was expecting them to pull a Dream Theater-like album this year. Oh well, hopefully the music is good.

Linkin6788

Linkin6788 Member

Luckily the smartest quote I've seen on the LP comments has been this:

"If you're expecting Hybrid Theory pt. 2 or Meteora pt. 2, you'll never get it. But this isn't going to be Minutes To Midnight pt.2 either. If you want a band that sounds exactly the same on every album, Nickelback and Disturbed are still around for your listening pleasure. You can choke on the same song with different lyrics again and again. If you're open minded and want to hear something a little different but will most definitely still rock... stay tuned."

Amen, Brotha

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

*facepalm*

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Good grief.

Hellions

Hellions Banned

Why are Linkin Park fans such terrible people??

The Candidate

The Candidate Well-Known Member

I think some people were expecting a length like the two last Green Day Albums are having; around 60-70 Minutes. (They were great!)

But to be honest....I think a Narrative has to flew and to be coherent, with a beginning a middle and an end. And i believe the new album is some sort of Narrative of War(fare) and it's consequences. Like someone here said it's easy to copy and paste chorus and hookline...but that could be annoying.
    To be honest..in my opinion even TLTYGA is too long in my opinion. Around 5 Minutes would've done it better.

I'm happy with 45-50 minutes and i think it'll turn out to be ~48

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Wish I knew. ;/

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

Man, you guys should check out the people at sputnikmusic: http://www.sputnikmusic.com/news.php?newsid=14777

Those guys are the biggest asses on the internet I've ever seen. Every comment they have contains profanity, and they call themselves "professional reviewers on a professional site". They rated A Thousand Suns a 1.3 out of 5 already. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.