DJ Zane Lowe Gives Details On 'The Catalyst'

Discussion in 'News' started by Luke, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Even weirder, someone asked me if I was an ABC (which it turns out means an american born chinese)

akira

akira Banned

The song has a familiar structure to the one we're used to from Linkin Park. Near the end is when you hear the piano and Lift me up let me go blah blah [you know the usual bridge leading up to the last chorus kind of thing] it lasts for about 20 or so seconds with Mike singing while new sounds start getting added. Then it leads to the final chorus.

The song is more dynamic than previous Linkin Park songs MEANING.. the verses feel weird? If that's how you put it. Mike sings some of it then Chester and the songs doesn't feel repetitive except for the annoying chorus drums. There are a lot of things added through the song [rhythm wise] that keep you hooked. I still don't like the chorus though [the drums ruin it for me a bit but it's not a song breaker]

Zane

how do you know any of this? I can't believe you till you've stated some sort of fact

Linkinarmy

Linkinarmy Sins of our fathers LPA VIP

well what hes saying sounds pretty plausible, cant just make it up,

sukoru

sukoru I'm with the Ninjas

is the sample we heard in "Behind the sounds" the intro of the catalyst?

Zane

yeah but i can't just believe everything i hear

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

Sounds good. Can you describe the structure of the song (as in intro+verse+chorus+verse etc)? Also, are there a lot of rapping elements in the verse or bridge or anything? By the way, how did you get to listen to it so fast, if I may ask?

KMunkee

KMunkee Munkee

Hi akira, not meaning to interrogate you in any way and thumbs up for hearing the song *jealous* but, how did you get to hear it, if you don't mind me asking? :) Seeing that you've been critical on some level about the snippets, I'm happy to hear that you like it.

and if it's safe to ask, is there any way the community can hear it before aug 2nd?

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

I leave for an hour and become all kinds of confused.
    1) Where exactly do you go for LP.com chats? And what's this about a hacker and Adam and Mike Shinoda?
    2) How did you get to hear the song, akira?

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Radio 1 at 7:30pm. That's roughly 10 minutes before the song is played at X96. Guess LP want a synchronised release of the track throughout the world.

Zane

Best I can help you...LP chat box on the bottom...nothing special. Adam was logged into Mike's account. That's all you need to know there. And it seems Akira "supposedly" heard the song

ChuckCheese

Still not finding the chat box..haha sorry to be off topic but I've never been able to find this.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the sneaky bastard. Thanks.

Zane

scroll to the very bottom of your screen..its that silver bar thing

AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

To clear things up, i was not chatting AS Mike. Someone hacked into Mike's account and was chatting through his account and being annoying. So I logged in to Mike's account to take control of it, and posted in the chat through Mike's account that it wasn't actually Mike chatting earlier and that I now had control of the account again. Then people started saying it was me who was chatting for Mike, which it wasn't.

Way more complicated than it should have been...

ChuckCheese

That's the beauty of LP fans.

hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

Look at it this way, there might never be a dull moment doing your job :p

pytt

pytt Self-proclaimed Genius

Those people were going crazy. "So Adam=Mike?" x100 "What! Adam is pretending to be Mike!"
    /sigh

Zane

Ohh! Wow, with what everyone was spamming I didn't catch that at all. So all the news reported were false then.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I wish people would read instead of going "OH MY GOD ADAM WAS CHATTING AS MIKE! IS THAT REALLY MIKE IN THE CHATS?!" because I'm sure it's become incredibly frustrating and annoying for Adam to keep having to defend himself each time misinformation goes around about him on the LPU, LPL, LPA, LPT or another fan site. It's not only incredibly moronic, but also rude to put words in his mouth that he never said in the first place.

So I plead with everyone here: Don't think something about Adam, unless Adam says it himself. It makes this site and community look bad and we need to be above that.

Yes, I know it doesn't only happen here at LPA, but that doesn't make it right to happen here in the first place. Please be more careful for now on about what you say guys. Don't believe the hype. Thank you.

Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

WHY LIE?? i was on the chat too, and Mike wasn't on, Adam was - he overtook Mikes Profile because somebody had hacked it. But NOBODY said that theres rapping on the single, and i KNOW there isn't rapping so why attract fake attentiont o yourself? Idiot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.