ATS to be Played "From First to Last Song" on Tour?

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

I wish they keep Breaking the Habit and Pushing Me Away (piano), such epic songs from a epic voice is also a non-forgettable experience!

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

New Divide was a bigger hit than those songs.

Plus New Divide with that synth/piano intro makes people go nuts. Those 2 songs (SIB especially) don't really bring it live.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

GU wasn't a single until a year later.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

For the fans its good, but for casual fans... not so good. Im going to see them live for the first time in denmark so... i really hope they gonna play some old songs. I would love to sing new ones, as the catalyst... NO! Life me up/Let me go! Its gonna be awesome :D

spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

Good point. However, I can't see them playing 13 non singles before they end up playing a single in The Catalyst if they do in fact play all of ATS.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Good point, maybe they will play 3-4 songs at the start, then ATS and then 3 songs to close on. I think it could work like that.

ChuckCheese

This is also a good point, however plenty of bands have done it before. The only example I can think of right now is MCR, where they played The Black Parade in it's entirety and then came back out and played old songs for the encore.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I think the whole playing of an album in it's entirety really works best when the songs/album are tried and proven to be good live and are well known & loved by the crowd. Like 10th or 20th aniversaries for example.

Not a good idea to jump in without looking. Play 6 or 7 new songs over the course of the tour, see what they can play well live and see wha tthe crowd dig, if everything goes down well enough play the entire thing on the last show of each tour leg.

Or just start with 6 and work more in as the tour progresses.

KMunkee

KMunkee Munkee

While fans would like to hear older songs too, I think the band may be tired of playing these songs for years and just want to do something different and new. Besides, it will be just like going through the motions for them if they continue to play a lot of old songs - there's probably little emotional connection to the old, over-played songs anymore and they're just "yeah yeah, we'll play it to please the fans." Let them do something new, something that they really feel; they'd be able to give their all and have a kickass show.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

So many "good points" in this thread.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
    spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

Mike said something recently I think in a LPU chat about how they have to cater to the casual fan at shows in picking their setlists. I hope they changed their mind on that. To hear 15 new songs in their set would be awesome.

Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

I think it's a really good idea, especially if this album is their best yet as we think it would be. We have heard the other songs live countless times, well at least most of them, but since Chester says they haven't decided on it yet, it's better to just wait and see what they come up with.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

They must be really confident...I'd love to see that since they're tired of playing old material to play all b-sides....

ChuckCheese

I really wish LP would take setlist advice from other bands. I just saw Shinedown over the weekend and they played two songs from movie soundtracks, closed the main set with a fucking B-SIDE, and opened the encore with a cover, whilst still playing plenty of singles to cater to the casual fans. I don't see why LP can't do that. But I digress, back to the topic. /RANT

the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

I'm not sure why people keep saying it's a concept album when it has been said and quoted a numerous times that it is not a concept album.

Whatever LP does, it's gonna be awesome. It'll sound different from past songs and albums and shows, but it'll be great. Even if they only perform "A Thousand Suns," it's been carefully crafted by people who put their hearts and souls into it.

Besides, if they have extended/remixed versions of other songs, surely they'll extend some ATS tracks for more concert epicness.

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

would be cool to hear :) But yes i think they are playing some of the old songs too :) not just the new tracks. (there are 15 new tracks, a concert of LP has about 20-21songs .. )

wolflink

wolflink I feel very privileged in debt for my thirst

APERTURE (they need to rock the fans)
    One step closer (enhaced reanimation version)
    In the End ( the best linkin park song)
    Faint ( we need to make some exersice jump, jump, jump)
    ATS ALBUM (with a few pauses over there and there a joke maybe)
    DEPARTURE
    Breaking the habit (You now its time to break the habit)
    Across the Line (slow, slow, some gas, more gas, 60 miles, chester sssccccreeeeeeeeaaammmmmminnnnnnnngggg, wwwwwwwhhhoooooaaaa!!!!!)
    New Divide ( it comes for the movie it stays for the effects)
    Bleed it out (we are used to say good bye with this)

SCREAMS AND YELLS HERE some tears maybe..

lp_mohd

lp_mohd Banned

maybe he want to say we will play every song of the album like what they did with MTM but not n one show they will play the Whole album
    in my opinion

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

I'm pretty sure they opened with NMS quite a few times. And Don't Stay on the Met tour. With You (or was it Runaway?) a few times on the HT tour.
    Plenty bands do open with brand new songs.

I can see them opening with The Requiem & The Radience even if they don't play the whole record.

Yeah, it could be awesome. It could also turn into a trainwreck if some or, Chuck Norris forbid, all the songs aren't suitable for the live setting, or if the album wasn't recieved well, then you'd loose the entire audience for most of the show.

Metallica were confident St Anger was a great album before they released it too, look how that turned out.:rasberry:

Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

I'm hoping so much they are coming to Portugal in this Europe tour...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.