The Catalyst: Chorus Clip

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    akira

akira Banned

This band is going thru a serious and i do mean serious identity crisis. Mike doesn't know if he's a singer or a rapper anymore, he doesn't know what he wants to be. The band doesn't know what they want to be anymore, they're lost. Poor Joe Hahn has become a booty call and a disposable thing where he gets called whenever the band feels like it. You have them throwing brooms in the studio to get new snares, getting around in circles clapping like the temptations and Phoenix confused in the background like what's going on.

I truly hope this album gives me hope for the future of this band because this electro drum is giving me a headache and I feel like calling Dr. Drew to do a serious rehab with these guys and help them find their identity again.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Yeah, Akira just doesn't like the direction they are taking. They aren't going downhill unless this album kills them

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Chester is singing. But Mike is singing at the end.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Lol, have you been listening in on their group therapy sessions? Damn, man.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Sorry, wasn't really reading everything :lol:

lachina128

lachina128 Well-Known Member

LP's identity from HT is outdated. I could probably replicate their old sound on my comp and I think that's what's pushed them to try a different direction. I find it funny that you criticize them for losing their identity after MTM because technically that's only their 3rd album so it makes it sound like you want them stuck on HT and Meteora (aka HT2). That's pretty close minded. please tell me what would you expect from them after 10 years? a rehash of a sound that ran it's course years ago?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
    Pedro18

Pedro18 Well-Known Member

Why sould LP care about the wolrd of music? They are doing what they think is best, some may not like it, but how can we criticize someone for doing what they believe is the rigth thing to do, i'm glad the band isn't trying to please the fans otherwise they wouul be just making ht 1, h 2, ht 3, and so on

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Noted.

What ideas would these be, then? That they don't have to work with a producer who makes them rewrite songs 918289219212939349854 times until they all sound the same? That they can work with someone who has vast experience with artists a million times more influential and acclaimed than Good Charlotte and Trapt? Do tell.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
    Nobody Can Shave Me Now

Nobody Can Shave Me Now Formerly known as Ron Jeremy LPA VIP

Albeit I agree with you I suggest you take it easy. He's untitled to his/her's opinion.

Hybrid_Xero_21

Hybrid_Xero_21 Member

I love how everybody is "shitting on Akira!" It is so funny. Looks like you are a bit outnumbered here buddy, Lol.

pugofdoom10

pugofdoom10 Member

In other words, they're artists.

Hybrid_Xero_21

Hybrid_Xero_21 Member

I apologize. Lol. I get a little edgy when people try to put my favorite band down.

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Dude. The idea is to not make music that boxes in what the hell you can/want to do...

OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

It's okay. :lol:

murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

Youtube someone? Please

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

[​IMG]

Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

While what you might be saying is true, sadly this is not the case with the new LPTV video that just recently aired. It states otherwise that Rick is very hands on. What makes you think that the product they are discussing now is probably closer to a master piece than what Rick is trying to portray isn't as capturing? I compare this to the "Leave Out All The Rest" demo because I actually like that version more rather than the one in the album. While it needed a bit of more studio work, I think that version would've rocked! But instead, we got an all out Chester fest.

What makes you think the same isn't being done to the song being discussed in that video?

I understand, that "that" sound is old, but old necessary doesn't mean bad. If the band was able to just harness the best of the best of what made them, we'd probably have a good "engine" to drive on that they could continue producing albums from. Right now they decided with MTM to destroy their old engine and start it from beginning, implementing elements from the past. They had a really good engine post Hybrid Theory that most of the Linkin Park fanbase rejected because I hate to say it, we were ungrateful at the time and wanted our sophomore album. Once that sophomore album dropped we complained it was too much re-hash. And now we have a completely different band, with some nostalgia factor involved in it.

Rick has worked with alot of great bands over the years, some have retained their sound before he even stepped in, but for Linkin Parks case. A band that was born strictly of blending of 2 genres; hip-hop & rock this being the first one Rick has probably ever dealt with, it makes me wonder if his influence (even if the band ask for it because their fanbase / critics complained they were trash) led to this. Makes me wonder if it's really the right step or the beginning, but I dunno. Rick got a free pass with MTM. Let's see if he has the touch for ATS.

spraypaintnink

spraypaintnink Banned

The bands youtube page lol. I think its fair to consider a wide demographic of people split over the new sound.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Proof that The Catalyst IS techno! :awesome:

[YOUTUBE]q8o5V5OqUCU[/YOUTUBE]

20. akira

akira Banned

LOL yes Xero. It's to be expected though I mean this is a LP forum after all. I respect everyone's opinion even though i'm getting dry humped and teabagged from every side whenever I say something negative about their new stuff.

I feel like i'm right in the middle of a Linkin Park Mosh pit and i just screamed LP sucks and i'm trying to survive my way out of it to make it outside. :( Heeelp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.