LPA Podcast Series

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Colonel Sanders, Jul 25, 2010.

Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be nice? Yes, an LPA podcast every once and a while would be. The draft purpose of an LPA podcast would to converse on multiple topics of interest ranging from Linkin Park Headlines, LPA News, Preferences, World News, Community Events, Stories etc. to inform and spark social inspiration and participation in members and visitors of forum community.

An example of a site that does this really well is www.spill.com which is a team of charismatic and hilarious critics that review the latest buzz in the entertainment industry from movies to video games. If some of the staff here were to be animated like that then that would so make everyones day - lulz. What started out as a series of podcast shows has grown into a massive, expanding community of entertainment buffs.

Another idea that spawned from this is to have conversations with staff/members from other LP fan sites to hear what they have to say. Staff could talk to some of the mixers of the LP Feat. You Contest like Alex M, Kaeton, or DaveNewton.

I like this idea, and I bet its been thought of before. However, I believe this is a fantastic idea that can really be a catalyst in generating LPA fan hype, buzz, and participation in what is an elephant of a community - huge, valued and wanting to be heard.

I like brainstorming as you can see, and I have the time to invest into a contribution to communities. I do it just about everyday.

Thoughts. Light-bulbs.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, we've already spoke about this and actually begun to put it in motion somewhat. Just as we were about to start, LP news started coming in thick and fast and there was just too much going on with the site. I would definitely like to do it though and there's not much preventing us, besides getting the staff together at the same time. I'm positive this will happen in the short future and it should be good fun for all our members, because it will be broadcast live to allow special guests and member participation.

Basically, watch this space as it's just a case of us allocating a date and time and you guys will be the first to know.

Colonel Sanders

Yes, you guys are up to the gazoo in LP news, but thats good to hear you guys have a plan in development. There doesn't have to be live broadcasts, but that would make the experience special and even impromptu in cases. If you guys do it live you can have a shout box handy, but if you don't then there can be more editing and more preparation for a smooth process with minimal hiccups. It doesn't have involve everyone, but for special occasions it really has to have as much executive people as possible eh.

Joe

Yeah, live broadcasts aren't a problem and we feel it would make the community a little more involved. We will run it alongside a chat, or shoutbox as you say which would allow us to communicate with our members. Also, yeah, I doubt all staff will be involved at all times, but you can probably count on me, Derek, Keaton & Todd on the front line pretty much the whole time, and whoever else on staff has the equipment and time to take part. We pretty much have the premise down and have outlines how it will work, we just need to designate a time we can all take part and that's it. Hopefully we can test it out really soon.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

This is a great idea - I have to be a guest on one of the shows :p.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

so, it'll be a podcast about LP? I think a roundtable of the host (Derek?) and a revolving panel every week (2 weeks? whatever) discussing a wide range of topics would be better.

Obviously this would be my platform to be hilarious AND an asshole, all the while pushing the new Lindsay Lohan tribute mixtape. :p

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I'd like to have my own section called "Chester Chase" in which I hopelessly follow Chester and provide updates on my endeavor through the podcast. I'm still working on "Brad's Bitchez" and "Mike Mania" segments.

I've also got ideas for "Phoenix FunHouse," "Rob's Racist Rage" and "Joe's J____." The last part of that one will change every week.

hawk

It would be awesome to have guest forum members. You could have a different member each week.
    Maybe it could even have its own group of staff. "The Podcast Staff" (with some LPA Staff in there too) who would plan the shows, get the guests - if there was a staff, I would put my hand up. This would be awesome.

EDIT :: Having a special staff for this would take pressure off the staff, so they can manage the site and what not while the podcast staff gets guests and get the news topics.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
    $pvcxGhxztCasey

I agree with Hawk. Obviously, there's alot of details to be worked out still, but I think this could be a really fun thing that'll add another dimension to the forums, and give more personality to our members that guest on it.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

I would happy to help as a guest in one of the podcast...but my english will give me limitation on that.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Like virtually everything we do, we're very particular about who represents the LPA and need to make sure our identity and image aren't being negatively affected. It's for this reason that we would probably rather one of the staff to spearead this.

Joe

This.

The podcast would be a very laid back, open discussion with no limitations on topic, but in terms of guest spots, unless it is a special guest, this will probably only consist of specifically chosen members and staff from this site. After all, it would be the LPA podcast.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Love this idea. I really hope you guys make it happen. Would love you guys to have random regular member guests. *cough cough*

Joe

Maybe if some of those cookies in your sig somehow find their way into my inbox. :whistling

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. :thumbsup:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Some of our staff members (myself included) have currently been experiencing computer/internet problems...however once we get those issues sorted out, I know we'll definitely try and focus on getting this idea underway. It's something we've wanted to do for a really long time, but we have been waiting for the perfect moment to do it. Glad you guys support the idea. It shows us that it's definitely a concept worth focusing on.

hawk

I can see what you mean.
    Anyway - hopefully this idea goes forward.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I do not expect an invite. Hahaha.

Colonel Sanders

It's fantastic that this concept has support and has a future. Let's keep brainstorming yall as it will help the series open with a big bang. I have a feelin it will most likely be free form discussion, but have structure/ organization to it will help facilitate the preparation and editing process. Towards the end there can be less limits and more fun, but it has to finish on a high note - even if that's playing an LP song/ exclusive. *Pun intended halfway through arrangement of ideas lulz*

Would you guys say that the length of the podcasts would be around 45 - 60 min?

hawk

We could have a list of what the topics of the podcast episode is about. If it is news then when the list gets sent out to all the guests have a link to the news article about it or something just in case we missed it or something.