A Thousand Suns Album Cover

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

2. TheRAT

TheRAT Well-Known Member

i think we need to wait until everything related to ATS comes out so that we can appreciate it as a whole

3. ana

ana anaPHX LPA VIP

still dislike.

[​IMG]
    like that one more, even if music and art are related and important (to me) the music is still more important..

4. TOVhumanoid

TOVhumanoid Well-Known Member

To me, I see the album art as a reflection of one's life before finally passing. It looks like this person is looking upwards, into the sky and sees a flying bird as their last glimpse of their normal, waking life starts to fade. People often think of a bird as the most free of all living life forms on our planet, and maybe the bird represents the person's freedom he/she is looking for. I think that "A Thousand Suns" might mean how a person is often said to have their life flash before their eyes as they're passing. They might not see everyday of their life, but the most special and life-changing moments will be there again for them to see, one last time. A sun represents every new day, and they are seeing those suns as their life is being shown to them.

That's just my take. Everyone has an interpretation, and I think that's the beauty of this album cover. It's simple and has very big, different reactions to everyone, when they sit and think about it.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  5. Cure4TheItch

Cure4TheItch I fuck up everything I see, fighting in futility.

Mike posted my quote on his blog........

......THAT'S SO AWESOME!!! :D

btw, a lot of you guys were right. I already feel this cover growing on me.

6. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

I like your interpretation sir, and I believe this was an intended effect by the band. The distorted bird can represent fading free-will of life as determined by the radiance of a thousand suns. There will always be another side to this. This is a very simple, yet thought provoking album cover. I like the special edition face more than the original artwork.

Now we just have to wait and stay tuned to see what the band's perspective on the album cover is. I wonder what Rubin thought of it.

7. TOVhumanoid

TOVhumanoid Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your nice comment. Have you posted your interpretation of the album cover? This thread is a lot to go through, lol.

I wonder what Rubin thought of it too. I know this might sound silly, but I think that Rick Rubin was more than just a musical mentor to the band. He seems to listen to the band beyond music, and that has made a special relationship between him and the band.

But I'm excited to see the rest of the album art.

8. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

wel..i dunno ..but if u rotate the cover art..it looks very very similar to d first message mike posted on his blog..wich ppl referred as fallin snow...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.