A Thousand Suns Album Cover

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

speaking of taking a dump . . . . . it kinda sounds like Chester is trying to drop a deuce when he is singing In Pieces when he is singing harder in that song :lol: funny observations lol

2. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I'll repeat what I posted on LPL. Is this album cover very plain? Absolutely. If you want to you can think about how much meaning it must have behind it, or you can play the Rorschach game and try staring at it for a few minutes to see what shape you see. It doesn't change that it's super plain.

However, do I give a shit? Absolutely not. I'm not going to spend hours and hours staring at the front of the CD case. I'm going to spend hours and hours listening to the music, so it could be a picture of Mike Shinoda in a thong for all I care.

3. BreakingTheHabit

BreakingTheHabit Banned

I agree with you. I was just saying poor LP for what their own fans are saying. Of course it's a positive criticism. I myself don't like the idea of "A Thousand Suns" having the same colors as MTM.

4. LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

Great post! I've been a die-hard Linkin Park fan for almost 10 years, but that doesn't mean that I have to kiss ass or like every single thing they do. This is my favorite band, and has been for a long time. There's a lot of things that tick me off about Linkin Park, but I love the band.

For example: Hybrid Theory in 2000, Meteora in 2003, Minutes to Midnight in 2007, A Thousand Suns in 2010.

For goodness sakes, the freakin Jonas Brothers have out the same amount of albums in 3 years!!!

Anyways, I just needed to vent a little bit. It's been tough for me to come to grips that the Linkin Park sound which I loved has basically disappeared. I'm very open-minded when it comes to music, so I hope this new album doesn't let me down.

5. BreakingTheHabit

BreakingTheHabit Banned

LMAO! AGREE!! xD
    I praise LP, but I would never kiss ass XD

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  6. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I totally agree with you, and I appreciate your comments about LPA being the best fansite. That means a lot.

As for the rest of your post, believe me...we completely are on the same page and I couldn't agree more. That's what I love about this site: our freedom of speech. Here at LPA we totally encourage debate/opinion here as long as both viewpoints are expressed in an diplomatic, non-flaming and intelligent fashion. You will not see us trashing the band recklessly for the dumbest reasons, but you will also not see us blindly following the band on every decision either. We're very level-headed and don't hold our tongue to please the band.

I think that's why the band sometimes browses these boards, because they know they're going to get all sorts of honest reviews by going on here...and I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks for being a part of this great community. Same goes to anyone else in this thread who has given their opinions (negative/positive) without being disrespectful. We appreciate it!

7. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

I hate everyone who has anything bad at all to say about anything Linkin Park has made, touched, or even mentioned.

8. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Well I don't like unicorns, OR lollipops.

So there.

9. BreakingTheHabit

BreakingTheHabit Banned

LMAO!!! XDDDDD

10. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

*Hits you over the head with a halibut*. You...get to the corner now. And don't come out till you've learned your lesson.

11. ALivingGrudge

[​IMG]

12. OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

*steals halibut* SILVER FISH HAND-CATCH.

13. Hellions

Hellions Banned

Your sig fills me with joy.

14. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Where were you in spring of 2007? lol

Actually, ever since Reanimation, all of my friends started to not like LP with each album. I guess it wasn't expressed much at the time, but it definitely was with MtM.
    If you're disappointed now, just wait til you hear the album...and be more disappointed...and still buy the one that comes out in 2013 :p

15. ivy616

ivy616 Well-Known Member

I like that they don't release records often. The bands that I listen to that have 6 - 8 albums in 10 years are my least favorite bands. I feel like Linkin Park is good where they're at. I have about 80 LP songs because they include unreleased stuff, LPU, and demos.
    So I like that...

16. ALivingGrudge

Why thank you :)

I guess you're right, people did hate on MTM pretty badly. And I was never disappointed. I think MTM is FAR superior to HT and Meteora. This album seems to take their new direction into a whole new level, which is something I've been hoping for since pre-MTM.

17. Stormus08

Stormus08 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the polite replies. Btw, I could say I'd never kiss their ass but, that'd be a lie. At the meet and greet about 2 years ago, I kissed ass big-time, ha. And if their album is good, I'll probably be doing more of the same.

18. BreakingTheHabit

BreakingTheHabit Banned

Those bands deserve to be call "comercial bands". Like Mike said, everyone is a commercial band unless they give everything for free. And LP has always given a bunch of free music. So, LP is one of the least comercial bands I know of.

"Stormus08"
    EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW D:

19. OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

Er...they still make money by selling their music and merch = commercial.
    Also, not trying to be rude, but could you tell me when they've offered music for free? The most recent example I could think of was the download of demos from LPU9, but you needed a paid membership for that..

20. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I think in terms of creativeness and lyricism, MtM owns HT and Meteora, but IMO MtM doesn't feel as complete as those albums. I think this album is just going to be fucking crazy. I don't mean that as in "fantastic" or anything, but just really fucking out-the-box. They'll definitely lose some fans and gain some just as they did with MtM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.