A Thousand Suns 6 Track Sampler Review

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    A.06

A.06 Well-Known Member

So do I. F##k yeah, Reanimation! Really looking forward to this!

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Okay, I think I've finalized all the changes. In The Catalyst where it said, "it will take ironing", I got the translation as "It will be necessary to replay this again". I think they were either trying to say that this will take another listen to fully take in the chorus and the vastness of the track, or they were simply saying unlike the other début album singles, you'll actually want to hear this again. :lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This is the most excited I've been for an LP record since Meteora. Please LP don't let me down!

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

We're never gonna let you down and desert you.

-mike

Bane likes this.
    dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

It's really great to have some detailled descriptions on these songs but that translation must be waaaay of because this 'translator' has been used. It's a start but only when we get the real translation we might conclude something out of the descriptions :)

But as for now i'm more curious with every step closer to the release!

I've taken a vow by the way ( is that the word btw?, I'm a Dutch guy so I'm not sure lol? you know, like for a promise ) that I will only listen to the new music in the original/legal version. I WILL NOT LISTEN TO A LEAK! Oh I will regret this once the stuff starts leaking :awesome:

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Fuck yeah! :awesome:

This is everything I wanted. Electro and guitar songs! Shinoda more prominent. No radio friendly bullshit. Guitar solos. No dumb-ass repetitive strong structures. Deep lyrics. (Well I dunno about that Do not Deserve thing but we'll see how it plays out.) and from everything they release so far AMAZING art and a very cool mysterious vibe to it all. also the first single is a beast
    Seems I was correct about the length of The Catalyst also. 5+ mins. Could it really break the mold of actually being a GOOD single, and not only that a good first single from Linkin Park? We will see!

The only thing I'm kind of disappointed in is the fact that is does not mention Mike Shinoda singing. Yes I love his rapping but I'd like some singing as well.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Same here!
    The fact that the first single is over 5 and a half minutes and is non-linear in structure really says something.
    I like what I'm hearing.

There's a good chance we'll get more reviews like this soon, I think.
    Also shouldn't be too much longer until we get the album art and full tracklist.

Yup, "Vow" is the right word.
    I'm with you there. No leaks for me. No listening to 30 second [out of context] preview clips of songs either.
    I'll listen to the single and that's it until the album drops.

I posted this in another thread a while back:
    "And don't worry, just b/c there's no rapping on The Catalyst doesn't mean there's no rapping on the album.
    I am singing more though.
    So is Chester obviously."

:)
    http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31026&p=951361&viewfull=1#post951361

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
    Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

This album is probably going to blow.

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

It said Reanimation.
    it made my day. :)

the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

Yep... BLOW our MINDS!
    With AWESOMENESS!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
    Bane likes this.
    Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I don't think the album is going to sound like Reanimation, from what I got out of it, there is just a small bit taken away from the sound of that album. That being the electro vibe. I really think this album is going to be different than all of their past albums.

Oh and Shinoda singing more? Hell yes!

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Ever since Reanimation I've wanted LP to have a more electronic prescence so I'm chuffed to hear that that's the direction they've taken. Can't wait to hear the new material!

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

It seems to me that these were the first 6 songs that they had finished and already mixed back from early 2010 (dec. to jan.) And more so, these songs seem to be very different from the songs they are creating now. And the descriptions don't give you too much of an idea how the album will sound other than that its length and structure sorta? Anyhow, I wanna know which one turned out to be robot boy. I've wanted to know ever since i read about the working title! Anyhow, I'm excited! And Vow for me too!

4_my_head

4_my_head I'm losing what I don't deserve

Just great! Reanimation is powerful. It's awesome they took small part of that album. :D

VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

I need new underpants.... Brb.

Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Where did you get that idea?

Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

How do you know when they were mixed? Also where was the working title revealed? I guess I missed that bit of news.

rusa162

rusa162 Well-Known Member

Well... I liked it:D

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

hmmm, so the piano part is at the end eh? yeah we DEFINITELY need to hear the rest of the track now.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Well lets see here....Now i'm not sure about any of this but based on conclusions and recent news you can figure it out. They are still not done with the album yet meaning the last 6 aren't done. Mike posted at one point in the new year time that they had finished about half the album (6 songs). And we've heard that they've been letting mags and radio stations listen to samplers which is probably all the same samplers. Meaning this ha been going on for a while now. This leads me to think there's no way anyone has heard the second half yet. And the whole Robot Boy thing was from a blog post a long long time ago. Mike had said out of all their pieces of music (this was during their first few Monday talks) that Robot Boy had been the most prominent song at the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.