LPA SPOTLIGHT: Submissions Thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, Jul 11, 2010.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Dave, you just became the favorite to win IMAO

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'm fairly certain you can alter the vocals, you just can't add new vocals (even if you're singing the exact lyrics).

Valley Forge

Valley Forge New Member

Here is my remix. I took one of my beats and basically just fused it with the stems. I had to slow it way down in order to fit the samples and it worked really well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wAGa-knXJA

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

YouTube version... still gotta take out the vocals but oh well haha

[video=youtube;vE51zUCWHX4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE51zUCWHX4[/video]

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Eargasm! Beast man! I love it.

akaliko

akaliko New Member

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it :)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

M SHINODA ON JULY 11, 2010 AT 6:40 PM
    I guess they [Warner Bros.] *did* end up saying they wouldn’t accept vocals. But good job on them anyway. Might as well go for it, and show people what you do!

Additionally, you've posted your link three other times in this thread. Only once is necessary, so please refrain from spamming. Thanks!

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

I love Mikes vocals, but some people just aren't getting the timing right...
    I will be posting mine anytime in the next few days.

InStereo

InStereo Well-Known Member

Rock-version

Whats up guys... Thought that some of you could like my remix-version of the song, because its more of a rock-version.. I put a lot of work into it and i would be pleased if you'd listen..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6qrl-wEBqE

if you like it, show a friend

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, anyone who is going to submit their entry with vocals is wasting their time. Vocals other than Mike's & Chester's from the stems are forbidden. It's good to see people doing what they like, and giving it a go, but you can't win the contest with the entry.

Some great mixes in here guys, InStereo, awesome job man, a really good effort there. :thumbsup:

InStereo

thank you :) there are a lot of great mixes out there already, I love the one with the new vocals on it...

I just worry about getting not enough views

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

InStereo

@ danger silent

it's really hard to get the vocals on time... when i uploaded the song i thought it was okay, but i'll listen to it one more time, though I'm pretty shure I wont get what you mean... not because I dont want to, just because I got used to my version :D

InStereo

Okay... I muted the rest of the song and just listened to the vocals on a click track.. quite shure they are correct :)

Joe

You misunderstood me, I said submitting a track with vocals would be a waste of time in terms of the contest, as you can't win. It's obviously not a waste of time in terms of enjoying making it, putting it out there and having people hear it, that's great exposure for the band and everyone is a winner if they like it, but as it stands now (and I'm pretty sure it's the official and final verdict) vocals are not eligible for submission to win the contest. It's still pretty cool that people like it and the band like it and as a track it's great, just under these circumstances that's as far as it can go.

InStereo

could someone tell me what i have to to do be on the front-page?

Joe

All you have to do is post your link in this thread which you have already done. Me & the rest of the staff will be choosing featured remixes to be put on the front page out of all the submissions in this thread. Just keep checking back to see if you have made the front page as we'll be doing one a day until closing of the contest on the 25th of July. :)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Adding on to the above, DS, it doesn't matter if Mike Shinoda says you can burp and fart the entire bass lines of the song...if Warner Brothers says no burping and farting is allowed, that's the final verdict. What Mike Shinoda says and what Warner allows are two different things. Warner is the one who releases the record, Warner is the one that takes care of the legal stuff, and thus Warner are the ones who decide. So yes, your remix is awesome...it's sounds great, but Warner will not accept it. It doesn't matter if Mike said it's ok, Mike doesn't write the rules. Warner does, and what Warner says...goes. Again, we're not slamming your remix nor discouraging you, we're saying that sadly whatever Mike says at the end of the day isn't going to matter unless Warner changes the rules. There's no other way around that.

Your remix is great and we enjoyed it highly. We're just being honest about the rules.