The Catalyst Remix Contest Now Live at LP MySpace!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Parishith

Parishith Glorious Excess.

Fantastic find that mate. And Joseph, you were right, its always worth a try. Cheers!

AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Ughh damn, i cant access pages like myspace/facebook at work so i cant download the pack :( :( :(

anyone who has downloaded willing to upload them and post a link?

KMunkee

KMunkee Munkee

I know :( August isn't far away. there there. For now, I'll obsess over how epic this thing is going to be! and I can't wait to hear some remixes too.

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

Everything except the electro drums sound fine to me. Still, not the direction I hoped for. Although it's quite catchy and grabs you after a few listens. Bring on August 2nd.

KMunkee

KMunkee Munkee

^but just imagine those electro drums with some smashing and crashing guitar ;)

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

IF they have guitars in the song. Which, hopefully, they do.

KMunkee

KMunkee Munkee

^I hope so too. Besides, I doubt the song has a bare 5 tracks....they just gave us the essentials to work with (I hope).

Black Pleather Beanbag

Black Pleather Beanbag Member

The vocals are very different from what I imagined they would be, it will be very interesting to hear how it all comes together.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

There are definitely more tracks to the song than these, lol, they just gave as a few to work with that's all. There will be so much more instrumentation going on in The Catalyst than what we have here.

the11thdoctor

the11thdoctor Resident Time Lord

I hate the "check your email for your download" type song downloads that artists use! I NEVER get them in my email (and no it's not in a junk mail filter or anything - I checked). Seven Mary Three's 7MP3, How To Destroy Angels' ep, and now the Catalyst stems, I never get the download link.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

We definitely haven't gotten all the layers guys. The guy from XFM said the songs were very layered. 5-6 tracks isn't very layered. I doubt we've heard how the song is gonna sound :lol:.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

...Wow.

After all the anticipation and hype, this is really disappointing for me. =/ The vocals sound so pop/dance. I didn't have internet access last night, I'm not the only one who feels this way right?

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

Yea I felt the same way after a few listens, but Mike's vocals are growing on me a little. I'm pretty sure after all the layers are added it'll sound better.

VorteXLP

VorteXLP Cheetas strapped to space rockets.

@Xero21: So far almost everyone seems to like it, including me :)
    --
    Wow, LP is really a one-of-a-kind band.. So much variety; I think it'll take some time to get used to the new songs when you shuffle them through the other songs :p

Cyanide

Cyanide 1989

Agreed. Plus I remember when we had the stems for Given Up, WID and Bleed It Out, where we had to mix them online, and the snippets sounded much worse than the original songs.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Guys, the layers we have sound pop-dance...not the whole song. You guys do realize there could still be many other layers including bass/lead guitar in this...right? I can't picture brad and phoenix just sitting there in the video and looking pretty. The band just gave us the bare bones essentials [and a very small part of the song might I add] so we could imagine the song in a new light. It's highly premature to assume the song is gonna be dance-rock, when we haven't heard the whole thing.

maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

yeah and Given Up turned out to be madness, same with Bleed it Out...What Ive Done was released as a regular snippet though..but Bleed it Out started very unfinished and crappy sounding and turned out to be a golden song. Im positive that "The Catalyst" will be amazing.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

This song is going to be epic. I'm really excited with the diversity of the snippets we have so far, can't wait to see what else is involved with the song.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

To be fair, I wouldn't mind if it was, if this is what dance rock sounds like.

And guys, this is a 2 minute and 14 second SAMPLE of the single. Imagine, a sample being two minutes how long the full song will be OR how much more layered it would be, but in my defense I really doubt Linkin Park would give half of the song away. The song will probably be at least 4 minutes long. I like to think it's longer though *crosses fingers* :)

EagleMorph

EagleMorph Well-Known Member

Not to mention we're missing entire sections of the song. Not just instruments, but entire sections. For one, the longest clip is 2 minutes, and that's the piano. Second, the pace of the vocals at any point don't match anything else. The drums are too fast, the piano is too slow.

There has to be something else to layer in with them and match up better.

Which is where we come in. They can't give us everything because then they'd just be giving us the entire single. And not only would that give us the single before they want to give it to us, but it'd ruin the point of the contest. And the point of the contest is for fans to take a little bit of LP, add their own abilities and input, and create something new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.