Coming Soon - The Catalyst Contest Page

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Purogol

Purogol Member

A fan made video in Frat Party At The Pankake Festival? Are you sure you're a LP fan?

2. Asua

Asua Well-Known Member

Just ignore him. He's new to these boards and he's trying to make a name for himself.

3. hybrid.theory7

hybrid.theory7 Well-Known Member

I have nothing against the new LP infact what ive done is one of my fav songs.but lp is not consistent i kno i hav no damn right to comment on the best band in the world but they keep changing their style if nu metal is dead why dont they stick to alternate rock instead of going emo or electronica.and btw the number of ht fanboys aint small if someone considers me a spammer i apologize. im just confused

4. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

oh gosh, 1 hour later than my previous post, i feel like to say: THIS PIECE GREW ON MY HEART, even if is like 20% of the full one...
    And actually i imagine seeing Mike singing while playing piano, Chester leading the vocals forward, the band rocking this piece in its full version out (guitar and bass must be intense, considering the power of drums)... A Thousand Suns will be the best LP album. For sure, complex, as they promised.

5. hybrid.theory7

sorry im wrong i guess it was released only in some places

6. Asua

Asua Well-Known Member

HT what?
    Okay back to The Catalyst. Awesome sound!

7. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I'm a lot more excited just from hearing these clips, than I ever was with What I've Done. I really can't wait to hear the full track.

8. sukoru

sukoru I'm with the Ninjas

do not categorize or put labels on lp's music.that is what they re trying to do all these years.have an open mind and accept everything.it is music:)

9. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

[​IMG]

10. murphyLP

murphyLP The blood of innocence burning in the skies

For me it´s awesome!!!

Really liked!!! :D

11. hybrid.theory7

honestly i feel that mike sounds bad in the catalyst kill me if im wrong

12. Joe

I don't get all the hate on Mike's vocals. We have no idea how they will work on the final track, and the way they are enhanced really adds to the sound of the other samples IMO.

13. Parishith

Parishith Glorious Excess.

That piano part is just killing me. And Chester, the energy with which he sings is simply breathtaking.

14. hybrid.theory7

i guess im the only guy who didnt like the song pls forgive me

15. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I know! It's very distinguished and stands out from Chester's vocals. Plus the effects don't sound too over the top either.

16. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Some people just cant embrace change, and never will. For those of you who can: I love the sample and cannot wait for the real track.

17. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

They have been pretty consistent for the most part when it comes to songs they've released since and including MTM. Not to mention, when it comes to the new single we have a handful of clips and some people's attempts at putting them together. In terms of what's actually came from the band we have two drum parts, two piano/keyboard parts and two vocal parts - that's it. Not enough to pass judgement right now on what it's going to sound like and whether or not that's "consistent". It can be consistent without sounding exactly the same as their previous work.

18. Joe

I agree completely. That piano is beautiful yet simple. I'm interested to see how it works in the whole song.

We don't care that you don't like it. That's fine. You just don't express very well why you don't like it. instead of being constructive you just seem to keep comparing it to Hybrid Theory, which isn't fair. Fair enough don't like the snippets, but at least back up why you don't constructively.

19. hybrid.theory7

im sorry derek i think its the problem with me im still living in the early 2000's

20. lyingfromyou03

lyingfromyou03 The Little Things Give You Away

I have to first say that it took me a while to figure out how to listen to all the snippets. After I stumbled around and figured it out, I first couldn't quite take in everything that I was listening to. When I listened again I realized I was listening to snippets put together and I can't judge the song as a whole just yet, but I truly applaud the band for venturing away from HT again. I've loved LP since the start, I've enjoyed every album, and when I first purchased them all I would wear them out. I personally love the new sound and I can see how this album again, like MTM will make or break some fans. I'm glad that after ten years, it's not the same album. Their music and lyrics, for me, were there for me as I grew up, and I can honestly say that I would stick by them through any album. Would I listen to every song as much? Maybe not, but like with their past albums now, I have my favorites and will play those more than others. I also think it's great that everyone has different opinions on the song, and I believe that the band tries to take in the feedback, which is what I truly respect about them. Anyhoo, I can't wait to hear the song in full, let alone the album. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.