"Message" Updated With New Image

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Well-Known Member

The band is going to talk about this campaign experience in the future whether it be with the media or on their album. This message campaign is no doubt linkin park related, but we can't positively say that it is album related. We could be in for 10 to 13 more puzzles if Mike is indeed revealing the track list. Mike said a while ago, in a transcript, to look out for more artwork coming soon.

Having a tricky puzzle with some inside joke as the answer would totally rock Mike's world. That being said, the potential for a fun contest involving multiple sites jumping on this game bandwagon would be great fun. However, it has to be unique or an innovative spin off of what mike and company has done. A lot of the contests determined winners by random or by selecting the best post. This would be an opportunity for people to dig deep to unlock something big, and to be honest, something more valuable than a set piece that the band signed. Perhaps a band meet N greet or something priceless.

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

That's because a lot of NIN fans are Linkin Park fans too. They may not always admit it, but they are. So chances are a lot of the people looking into this ARG/viral campaign we're involved with the NIN search too :lol:.

3. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I don't know about physical rewards ... but I would like to be unlocking something big and not have all the effort we put in just be for no reason. The journey's just as important as its end, it shouldn't just mean nothing.

The "Year Zero" ARG got it right. Each thing you found helped you to find and understand the next thing -- and all of it related to the album and its over-arching conceptual framework. It all helped to enhance your experience and your appreciation of the album because it was all tied together properly.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  4. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I agree.

5. Derek

The Year Zero ARG was also done by professionals though. It was done by 42 Entertainment. The same people responsible for the infamous ilovebees.com and I believe even the Joker ARG from The Dark Knight.

This ARG (if you can call it one) was done by Machine Shop/LP's camp. So although it's good, it's obviously not going to be the same quality.

6. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

No, I don't call this an ARG - at least, not yet. ;) Whether or not it's just because there were professionals behind the "Year Zero" ARG, I just liked how, at the very least, every bit of the stuff you followed and discovered had something to do with "Year Zero". You got immersed in it and you could stay immersed in it, even after you got the album - there were no abrupt stops.

7. HybridSoldieR1

HybridSoldieR1 Member

I remember something that mike said few months ago, that their new sound influence from at the drive-in a bit.

8. Colonel Sanders

I was commenting on the concept of games for the LPA and not LP. There's a problem there. You can motivate the participants and potential players by stating the prize at the start, or you can keep it a secret like LP has so far done. Both will bring many participants, but success really depends on how calculated and creative it is. The level of difficulty has to be within reason. We all know NIN has influenced LP in many ways, and so this could be another way LP is affected by them. LP could be doing the same. Think about how much participation has occurred - they probably saw a lot coming, but not to this amount. The use of mystery by musicians and artists works - tenfold. Radiohead, Metallica, NIN, and LP amongst a host of others. Darn tootin, people cannot resist it heehe!

9. Derek

I remember that, here's the quote:

"It’s been a busy week. Studio every day, working on new stuff. This week, I did a song where the music sounds like Santogold (or Santigold, if you like) meets Postal Service meets At The Drive In or something. Very weird…but even weirder, the vocals are crazy–I asked our engineers what they thought it sounded like, and the responses I got were things like “Peter Gabriel” and “Huey Lewis, in a really good way.” Four-part harmonies that ebb and flow with the track. I feel like I’m on drugs when I’m listening to it. It’s tentatively called “Chicken Basket.” Next week, we’re all going to get together and listen to everything and vote on stuff, to see how progress is going. I’ll let you guys know how it goes…"

We never found out what happened to Chicken Basket :lol:.

http://mikeshinoda.com/2009/10/17/three-updates/

10. Asua

Asua Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember that article Derek. I really hope they haven't thrown Chicken Basket away. I hope it's in the new album

11. Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

If i remember correctly during the Chester and Mike ustream chat they said either it was voted out or might be voted out.

I'll check it out later after work or someone eles could check that out for me. I think it was one of the first ustream chats.

12. youknowhu

youknowhu Well-Known Member

Honestly I'm kind of scared if that's the direction they're heading in...haha. I know I'll like it, because it's Linkin Park. But honestly...Peter Gabriel? Sorry if you like him...but if Linkin Park sounds like him, then I'll punch another baby.

13. Derek

They said it was still in the demo voting pool, but will likely be voted out. They didn't say it was, but that it might be.

However, they may have changed it since then and kept it in.

And also 3rd...Peter Gabriel is one of the most creative artists out there. His stuff in the 80s was magnificent, and he was a member of Genesis who were awesome in their own right.

14. Colonel Sanders

His cover of Heroes and his song Make Tomorrow Today, which were available for download from the Music For Relief Haiti Benefit, are absolutely amazing. His latest record would be a good influence for the strings musical elements if LP uses them. It would be interesting if Pheonix picks up the violin or cello or some type of classical instrument to use as a dominant layer in a song. He did tweet something about classical instruments. "Logging some cello-hours today... Getting my chops up for the studio tomorrow. Definitely hit a couple h-flats already." 9:16 PM Jun 16th via Echofon hey, another link to Genesis! I bet the boys have seen The Hangover. One of the best Comedy Movies ever. Hands down.

To all those bettin Mike is laughin, lets hope we get to see his side of the story in the near future. That would be awesome if he captured exciting moments of the campaign. "Hey look at this lad on LPA..."awesome!""

15. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

[​IMG]

I can't imagine Linkin Park making a song that sounds much like them, but still...

16. dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

Don't worry, it was said about the vocals, not the whole song ;)

And ( probably ) Mike's voice being compared to Peter Gabriels is a big complement (imo)!

17. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

The guys being influenced by The Dark Side of the Moon is very exciting to me....I don't know about you guys, but at least lyrically-wise, I think this album is gonna top everything else the band has done so far.

18. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, I have high hopes and fully believe it will be their best album yet. I didn't feel the same going into Meteora or MTM, but with this album it's different. They can translate what they learned making MTM, along with the sound they mastered with their first two albums and create something special. I feel like they used MTM as an experiment to challenge their sound, and will now find their feet and make their best album yet.

19. Xpeerahmental

Xpeerahmental Well-Known Member

That description of Chicken Basket makes me hope it stayed, sounds very very interesting.

20. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Right now, I regard LP as in the same position Slipknot was before releasing All Hope is Gone. Slipknot established their sound with their first record, mastered and improved it on their second, and took a different direction with their third, which ended up being very experimental. Then they took the best of both worlds and combined them into their fourth album, which I consider to be their greatest work. So I have very high hopes for LP at this stage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.