"Message" Updated With New Image

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I'm thinking maybe the words that we translate are part of an article, or larger text somewhere in Google. There are some key words in the binary translation, but we have to put them in the correct order and find the article with the full text. Just a guess, but I'm grasping at straws here.

2. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

Yea, I'm done. I haven't seen a way forward since I left last night... err, this morning.

3. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

EXACTLY! Whatever the answer is, it must be concrete. Such as a picture or a video. I wouldn't rule out a hidden website either. www.linkinpark.com/thebrightnessexpodes ...Something like that maybe..ugh

*Edit* Haha ignore the link i didn't think it would actually form a link

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Wow EdGreene, I haven't seen you since the MTM era. Welcome back!

5. hybridsoldier23

hybridsoldier23 Member

Has anyone mentioned this star Betelgeuse? The description sounds interesting...

Considering its size and age of 8.5 million years, old for its size class, Betelgeuse may explode within the next thousand years.[33] At the current distance of Betelgeuse from the Earth, such a supernova explosion it would be the brightest recorded; outshining the Moon in the night sky and becoming easily visible in broad daylight.[33] Professor J. Craig Wheeler of The University of Texas at Austin predicts the supernova will emit 1053 ergs of neutrinos, which will pass through the star's hydrogen envelope in around an hour, then reach the solar system several centuries later. Since its rotational axis is not pointed toward the Earth, Betelgeuse's supernova is unlikely to send a gamma ray burst in the direction of Earth large enough to damage the planet's ecosystems.[34] The flash of ultraviolet radiation from the explosion will be weaker than the UV output of the Sun.

The supernova would brighten to apparent magnitude –12 over a two week period, then remain at that intensity for two or three months before rapidly dimming. The year following the explosion, radioactive decay of cobalt to iron will dominate emission from the supernova remnant, and the resulting gamma rays will be blocked by the expanding envelope of hydrogen. If the neutron star remnant became a pulsar, then it might produce gamma rays for thousands of years.[35]

6. ALivingGrudge

ALivingGrudge We are saints made of plaster.

STOP TALKING ABOUT SPACE!!

Jesus Christ.

Just translate the words and use them to search around Google. It's not a secret picture behind the binary. It's not Googol. It's not about a star exploding 7,500 light years away from Earth.

This is the only sane sounding post in the past 10 pages:

7. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Not sure whether to stop here or not.

8. Derek

[​IMG]

9. EdGreene

EdGreene Well-Known Member

Yeah I changed emails, forgot my password, and then forgot it would send it back to my old address. Just realized it last night. Still been lurking though, even when I couldn't post!

Plus I love puzzles. Even though I generally suck at them.

10. Derek

Well glad you're finally back after that small snafu. :lol:

11. EdGreene

And the answer is...?

12. youknowhu

youknowhu Well-Known Member

Well Mike's newest hint tells us that we still need to be thinking about the actual translating, not the space stuff.

13. Derek

14. ALivingGrudge

I'm not saying that I know the answer. What I am saying is Mike is probably sitting there, either laughing at or disappointed in how his fans are obsessed with researching scientists and stars nobody knows and/or cares about thinking that it will lead to some hint about the album.

Or am I alone here?

15. Smarky

Smarky Well-Known Member

A lot of the words have more than one direct translation, I've tried taken the ones that are only one and nothing of value comes up. The way google works, you don't need to get every word right, ones that you are not sure on, best to skip as that will just throw the results off.

16. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

Guess so.

17. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

I agree. Ignore Mikes LOATR post. People didn't think of anything when he posted the "ALEX PARDEE’S CHADAM" thing. It was just mike being mike.

18. ALivingGrudge

"Reply by Mike Shinoda 1 hour ago

Looks like you still need hints. Here's my last big help. Rob Walker got the closest so far (below). Keep searching.

Rob Walker said:
    Google Translate each word....
    Falls = Falls, If, or In Case
    la = The, Her, A, or It
    luminosité = Brightness, Luminosity, Radiance, Lucidity, or Radiancy
    de = The or Ye
    var = Was
    to = To
    ontplof = Explode
    edastada = Forward
    sekaligus = At once, All at once, At a time, At one blow, Outright, holus-bolus, En bloc
    airean, = Air
    that = That
    sería = Would
    kuin = As, Like, Than, or But
    de = The or Ye
    pracht = Splendor, Magnificence, Grandeur, Pomp, Brilliance, Wealth, Sheen, Brilliancy, or Eclat
    Come = Come, As, Like, Such as, How, As well as, Whereby, What...Like, For, Both...and, Such, What, or Sorry
    Yang = Yang
    kuat. = Strong
    Lo = It, Him, The or To it
    sono = Sono
    mä5´ig, = ???
    terra-zerstören = Terra-Destroy
    tyd. = Time

See if you can make a sense out of that.."

There's your source. Mike himself.

19. EdGreene

I'm just saying until we have the answer (which I think we're working on, what 2+ days now?) we should look at this from every angle. The most plausible answer is we need to arrange the words somehow into a sentence and plug it into our google machines, but don't freak out when other people give opinions on how to solve it. Even the worst idea is good, because then we know to go in the complete opposite direction.

Plus, it's just a lolpuzzle!:D

20. L₳ζ₳Я

L₳ζ₳Я The Evil Speculator

I'm with you, i think, err i am starting to lose my freakin' mind. I think it's all up to us to translate it good and more importantly put everything together so it makes sense. Then google parts of it and something should pop up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.