More Teasing From Phoenix

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Spiderguy252

Spiderguy252 Awaiting LP in India

Why does he need Twitter to post anyway? Can't he just put it up on his blog?

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

The way I see it, no one should be staying at a computer or staying awake until ridiculous hours waiting for the band to reveal this big announcement. The announcement could be anything so lets stop taking it so seriously eh? While I think it's probably to do with the new album and will probably be like a 10 year-old on christmas morning when the first album details drop as much as anyone else, there's no confirmation on anything yet. Let's all just be patient...one thing we have confirmed that whatever it is, it will be revealed very soon. :)

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I think that's the point. He deliberately did that just to tease the fans and basically create more anticipation with this supposed announcement, haha. I find it ironic that he blamed Twitter too, as he always mocked Phoenix for using it over a blog, so maybe that has something to do with it, he was mocking twitter for failing today whereas his blog is up and running as normal.

Hybridora

Hybridora Well-Known Member

Kind of disappointed that I was thinkin about this a lot while at work and I come home excited to see what's up, and find there isn't really any "thick" news. :(

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I can imagine Mike just decided to pull an Urkel. "Did I do thaaat?" :lol:

xxxlyra

xxxlyra New Member

i'm scared...

how can an elephant be involved in a video shoot..?
    you've gotta be kidding me.... o_O

Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

It's not surprising is it? The elephants I mean. They ARE taking a south african route with this album already, why shouldn't they bring everyone's favourite african animal, the elephant, into their video shoots?

I'm loving Mike right now. You show 'em.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

How can a flying fucking whale be involved in a video? :lol:

lpfaneki

lpfaneki i don't know what's worth fighting for

source?

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Adam said it.

Zara19

Zara19 Member

Did you not read the other posts? Adam was at the video shoot...and its not as if theyll sit on a video for ages, theyll release it!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The guys are kinda treading a thin line here. I personally am not upset (I'm used to bands/companies delaying announcements :lol:), but there are some rabid fans out there that might be pissed that they have to wait even longer to find out about the new album. Hopefully it's revealed today or we might see a whole bunch of whiners coming out of the woodwork.

hybridsoldier1989

hybridsoldier1989 strange things are afoot at the circle k

Agreed. And I think it is safe to say that the whole Twitter breaking down thing wasn't entirely true. He obviously could've posted it via his blog or even the official site imo. They're fucking with us (probably due to the high level of whining, bickering, and spamming of their blogs, Twitter accounts, etc. in the past years). But they need to just deal with it. They're a huge band and to think that people won't ask those questions repeatedly when they aren't giving much in the way of actual updates is illogical.

Personally, I don't know what their actual intents were, but I feel it's safe to say that those were indeed their motives. The key is entirely in Phoenix's Tweet. Obviously he was able to access Twitter and get his message through. Haha.

Derek

They're just trying to build hype, which is cool...but there's a thin line between hype building and pissing fans off. I just don't wanna see these guys have backlash. I support em heavily and hate seeing people get all high and mighty when the band doesn't do EXACTLY what they want.

hybridsoldier1989

Haha agreed, I wonder what it'll be like if there is no announcement today?

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Well there was really a couple of times Twitter was out of function and couldn't see any of the channels (not LP's, not Mike's). Aside that, i found it funny people in LPlive being there for hours waiting and waiting and waiting. I mean i am excited too, but it can be bothering to see some kind of fans like that. Back then, Adam said he was at the video shoot, and people were writing like "oh ok, so what's the news?", like the video shoot is NOTHING AT ALL. I can understand once more Mike, if he really didn't want to give the news just to delay more purposely because of all that bothering. Not less bothering than that over mentioned vuvuzela!!
    I think he tries to teach to have respect even through internet, which is hardly impossible to get at some points and places and times.
    People forgets that the last news we got was "we're halfway done" and then "we're mixing songs". Then suddently "we have picked almost all" By those describings the album could still be advanced to 2011 start tho. Through Phoenix tho, we understood that the process is even further, so what's the point in being so impatient?

Derek

All out chaos. :lol:

hybridsoldier1989

Mike's blog will be spammed to death with new album inquiries, angry new album inquiries, play a show in my country/town/city//state inquiries/etc hahaha

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

What if we would be still in the times when there were no news of upcoming albums. No computer... Albums simply were to find at the stores in x date. Generation today can't recognize some fortunes, to be in contact with their favorite artists.
    Shame.

hybridsoldier1989

To be fair, all we wants to kno is the date it will be in the stores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.