The Future

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by hawk, Apr 23, 2010.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Okay....

I think the rate Linkin Park is releasing albums isn't very good. If they release their new album this year then that would be good, but it still doesn't make up for the huge gaps in between albums.

I know a band who has released several albums every year and I love all of the songs on the album, now not that I want Linkin Park to rush the writing and recording process but don't you think they could be going a little bit faster?

If they release a new album this year then I am guessing another album in 2013 - 2014 and if you look at that time now it seems a while away. What do you guys think of the whole situation? Do you think Linkin Park can get albums out a little quicker than they have been or not?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Linkin Park's biggest problem is that they (at least ever since Meteora onwards) have become obsessed with re-inventing their sound every time. While this is not a bad thing, it makes the recording process twice as long because the band has to tinker around with ideas until they find the perfect new sound. They could've easily used MTM's sound and built upon it, but judging by how many fans whined about the change they probably felt compelled to re-examine things. I definitely feel that had MTM been more popular we'd have a follow-up out by now. Instead, we have to wait while the band creates something new and different from before.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

I think it's possible for them. I mean look at it this way. Linkin Park stopped touring in what? 2002? to write the next album. that writing process was really short and I think thats where Meteora suffered a bit. They didn't take the time they needed. While I loved Meteora and it is my favorite album by them I think it could have been alot better. Yeah you're right. They take awhile but in the end it will be a great album(MTM wasn''t but) maybe this next one will be. They rewrite to much and shit like that. They are one of the biggest bands today. They have alot of eyes watching them and they don't want to deliver a lackluster album

hawk

Yes. I agree. Although new sound is still more fresh I think they should be reinventing it after each album.

I do think you're right. Putting up a bad album would be costly to them.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
    Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

In fairness a 3-4 wait between albums isn't all that bad. Especially considering between each of those albums the band has released new material.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

I was thinking along similar lines.. LP do a lot between albums and tour extensively throughout the world after every major release

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Very true. And I've seen bands wait longer. I mean if you're a guns and roses fan, you had to wait over a decade for Chinese Democracy :lol:.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Or if you're an Alice In Chains fan you wait so long to see a band member die lol.

I think LP fans in general should be more patient.

hawk

Thats the thing, I can say that a majority are being patient, its often that after three years of waiting everyone gets sick of it. I can wait for the album in 2011 if thats what it needs but I feel they could be going a little bit faster than they are.

thegame87

thegame87 Well-Known Member

I am a hardcore LP fan and wish a new album would come out weekly. I feed off everything - remix's, fan mixes, LPU Vids everything LP i hunger for. But when it comes to albums I don't mind the wait. I get enough new content throughout the year from FM, DBS, LPU and the rest to keep my happy till a new album.
    I'm also a rare breed - I have not found a Linkin Park song I've been a bit ho hum about even a little bit. If it were up to me (and not my gf lol) I'd get every song tattooed on me. I know extreame but thats just how I feel.

I can happily listen to their older albums everyday and be satisfied with that knowing that within the next year the album will come out. I was happy with the wait for MTM as that was an amazing album. I'm not worried about the reinvention either - they will always have a linkin park sound. When they say reinvent I think it just really means its a different style rather than Scream/Rap/Sing/Rap or whatever, they are just using different instruments and different structures. Its worked for them every album for me so I say take as long as they need.
    They are quite picky with what they release and only release what they feel is their best - I've not been dissapointed once. So I like their method of madness and hope they take as long as they need.

I would love to see more demo's released like the ones off the last LPU cd - that was simply amazing!

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

I want more releases.I mean like I said before they have alot of eyes on them but doesn't mean it should take this long to make an album. Time spent on an album doesn't exactly equal a good album. MTM was a prime example of this. Also what Derek said earlier about GNR. So I'm not going to let them say that oh it takes a long time to make a new album. Majority of bands I listen to release albums ever 2 years or so. UnderOath is an example of that. They didn't put an extreme amount of time but Define The Great Lines and Lost In The Sounds Of Seperation are like on my top 10 favorite albums. I think with 6 mind alot more should be coming out and it should be coming out alot faster. As far as sound, LP needs to be LP. Find that identity of who they are. Thats what MTM lacked. In comparison to HT and Meteora, MTM was a very passive album as opposed to the agression of the other two. Why all the whiny slow ballads when the faster more aggressive songs were the stars of the album such as Given Up and No More Sorrow. and most importantly. MIKE PRESENCE NEEDS TO BE FELT. I remember listening to MTM for the first time saying WHERE IS MIKE?!. Mike's talents shouldn't only be reduced to guitar and keys. he should be singing and rapping at all times. Chester is a great singer don't get me wrong but throwing him out there on his own really doesn't work. That's were LP's talents were shown the most. Back and forth, call and answer vocals from Mike and Chester. We need that.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Just a hunch, but.. I actually think it's quite evident why Linkin park have such huge gaps between albums since Meteora. As Fort Minor, Dead By Sunrise, and various other tidbits here and there relating to merchandising have taught us, the band is full of entrepreneurs who have their attention placed elsewhere. Adding to the fact that (assuming) the band is faring incredibly well with their finances, time with the family is a must. Furthermore, in realizing their "negligence" towards not offering enough new material to their Linkin Park fans, they probably cannot shake the need in perfecting the next studio album. This is my understanding of the matter at least.

erving.09

erving.09 Active Member

I agree with that, these gaps are irrelevant when you see all the projects between and with the every year lpunderground release we can say that we've had LP without a break...