The Advice Thread (formerly GSYWTLO)

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Derek, Dec 5, 2009.

1. aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

WHY is sex such a taboo?

2. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Sex? Taboo? Well a lot of societies may think that it may corrupt you and make you impure, but, personally I don't think so.
    I've nothing against casual sex , and I've only had sex outside of a relationship very very rarely.. but really there's nothing to be ashamed of if you enjoy it. I mean, it's good for you, and it feels good.

3. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

Let's just say FB sucks or narrow-minded people sucks or being a whatsoever "bitch" sucks.

Here's a thing, Ed and I have been close friends since we moved to the same Uni last year. Ed has a relationship to Angela and I
    know Angela very well since we went to the same HS together and we are a good friends. My feelings for Ed is just plain nothing like a brother
    or a close friend and I think Ed feels the same way too(for sure). After we graduated, I haven't seen Ed for quite a while now(
    like 4/5 months). They share the same FB account with Angela and usually I only talk to Angela since Ed barely uses FB.

Just last week, I saw in FB a candid photo of Ed and I put a message saying " Eds, i missshu :p". Just like that.

Then Last Monday, Ed for the first time chatted on me and out of my excitement talking an old buddy I said " Eds, I missssshu :p. Hahaha" and he replied
    " What's with the I miss you?" So, I kinda got a hint that maybe this isn't Ed since Ed won't reply like that or boys won't reply like that
    So, I just pretended that its Ed which is for sure it was Angela. I think she was testing on me if I would flirt to Ed(My God).
    So, we basically talked about Angela(which is her!) and how strong their relationship is. I was like "Yeah! I know, I love you both
    and your pics are so sweet. " and blah...blah..blah...

Last Tuesday, remember the candid photo of Ed i said " I misssshu " thing Angela replied "Kaloud!!!!!!! "(in english ewww/Yuck!). So that night,
    I talked to Kris about the weird thing I'm feeling and Kris reassured to me that it was nothing maybe it was just misinterpretation or
    something. She told me maybe the "ewww" reply was for the face of Ed(making fun of it) but I know deep inside it was something but I
    just get over with it since we are not HS teens anymore coz if this is jealousy it is totally immaturity and Kris told me nothing to worry about.

So I kinda feeling ok until yesterday morning, Ed sent me a message in FB saying that he and Angela made a huge fight because of my comment.

So, I was like WTF! All my speculations are true. She's jealous because of a simple comment in FB. Grow up!

Anyway, since I don't want to make the story big, I PMed Ed today in FB saying my feelings for Ed is totally brother-like
    and nothing to worry about. I said my apology and how upset I am to Angela thinking of me like a BITCH(whatever).

Angela knows me since HS and I'm not that kind of girl she's thinking. I was on her side when they had problems with Ed.

This is now what I get for being a cheesy person, lol.

I just feel bad today. :/

To add the weirdness of the day, someone PMed me in Myspace saying "you win the coveted "i'm not a slut picture of the day"! or INSPD.you win nothing but you keep your dignity horray!good job!"

What a day! -.-

So, this issue has gotten worst. Ed replied to me in FB and for sure it was Angela. Pfft. Anyway, Ed told me that he doesn't liked my comment and in his part also he doesn't want Angela's friend esp. a guy friend saying "I miss you" to her. So, he said he really understand why Angela was so jealous.

So, let's just say that it was Ed who replied to me in FB but I still have this feeling that it was Angela but anyway, the things is...I completely understand what they are trying to tell me. That's why I said "sorry" to Angela and cleared my intention.

So, I replied to Ed/Angela(whatever) that what made me so upset was that the fact that Angela doesn't want my comment she should have PM me directly in FB and telling me to erase the comment coz I will gladly do it RIGHT AWAY but instead of doing that, she was bitching on it and said the "Ewwwwww!!!!" thing which made Jean(our classmate in HS) react negatively.

I'm really pissed about this thing for almost 3 days now.

What's worst is I really dont know who I'm talking to it's either Ed or Angela or both. :/

I can't believe they are making a BIG DEAL on this issue to think both of them were my close friends and Angela was putting malice on "Eds....I misshu :p". As IF her BF looks like Max Hodges. *seriously*

As of this moment, I really don't want to see their faces...maybe I could punch one of them.

Sorry for ranting it in here...

Another brand new day and it's time for me to move on. I'm not really ok but this is life. I dont have to be stucked up on things that are not even worthy of recognition. I'm not even going to die if both of them were not my friends anymore. I don't care if what other people would think about me coz of what happend. I just don't give a damn. That's it.

I'm going to be happy and live my life. Past is past. What's important now is the present and the future. *determined*

Let's just say, Shit things really happen once in a while :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2010
  4. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I came to America to get away from all the arguing and bollocks back home but I obviously shouldn't have bothered. Wouldn't be surprised if my Mum's marriage is over by the end of the day and when I go home on the 28th I don't ever come back. Fucking fantastic.

5. Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Cam: You'll be okay, and so will you're friends. Just know what the power of jealous might do to people. ;)

Luke: Cheer up mate! AT least, in california, It's an awesome state to be in! Count your blessings man. :)

6. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

Thanks Rob :) and Luke, yea cheer up! shit happens ;)

7. SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Do I ask to much of my friends? I mean all I ask is to be there for me the I am there for them. No matter what, at any time of the day. My friend Viviana just one day this week up and deleted me and didn't tell me why and I haven't spoken to her since. I have been having a rough time this week. Digesting everything has become quite the task for me. So I call my friend from California Kim. This girl calls me at 3 in the morning crying and my ass answers. EVERY SINGLE TIME. but all of the sudden when I start to feel like I'm losing it. she is busy. she can't talk. What the fuck is up with that. I've been busy when she called before. I was carrying a 70 pound cab with my uncle down stairs when I got a phone call from her. I answered while carrying the fucking thing at the same time. This is all so bogus. This is why I don't care about most of my friends. because when I do I care too much. am I the only person that thinks this is unfair

8. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Unfortunately, you can't expect so much from most people. People tend to be selfish. I'm sorry

Luke: I'm sorry hon. :hug:

9. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Thanks for the support guys, things improved alot in the past few days. :)

10. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

So here it goes. This might sound a bit icky to some but eh...I warned you.

Since giving birth to Mia I breastfed her. After what happened after the labour I had to go into surgery because I was unable to feed Mia and thus I had to put her on a bottle (formula - hypoallergic) for a few hours. When trying to get her back into her old feeding style she wouldn't go back on for days and had to express. So finally we got her back onto the breast (we as in the midwives and I) and has stayed on there until a week or two ago where Ben, (whom I am now enganged to) started to feel left out when it came to feeding time so we decided to put her on a combination of expressed milk and formula so we could both share the load. My midwife that comes and visits me at home, Kerry, decided that it was going to be in our best interest to get Mia back on the breast because I was starting to get painful blockages in my breasts. We tried and tried but Mia was still continuing to do damage to me (which was another reason why I took her off) and finally booked me in to see a lactation consultant Vicky, yesterday. She can get Mia on the breast but she has a tendancy to use her tongue against me and tilt her head back while feeding dragging me with her and doing more damage. My mum is utter obsessed with breast feeding while my sister 'respects my decision' to put Mia on a bottle, and I'm afraid to tell my mum. Midwives hate formula and even though they deny it, they really do or else they wouldn't lecture me on how good breast milk is for a 6 week old, and I don't deny that breast is best it's just too time consuming for me, I don't have the patience anymore even though I have tried and tried for ages now, but the reason why midwives are against bottles because a child's suck is more powerful than a vacuum. My friend couldn't breastfeed and had to formula feed her baby and was given shit about it from practically every one - even from some midwives at the hospital that she delivered at. I guess what I'm asking is, should I feel like a bad mother because I choose not to breastfeed but rather express and formula feed Mia?

11. Ophelia

Ophelia LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Sarah, as long as you are giving her breast milk, whether right from the source or from a bottle, its better than formula will ever be. If you have to supplement a little with formula to give her enough to eat everyday, then so be it. At least she's getting some breast milk.

12. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

So here's what I've been up to lately and why I haven't been posting as often. I know this is the advice thread but...

I FINALLY got a job, and a great one at that. I started at Nestle' Purina PetCare on February 22 as a packaging laborer. They started me out at $15.60 which surpasses anything I could ever ask for right now. I'm still on my 90-day probation until mid-May, so I'm hoping they keep me passed that point, which I don't see why they wouldn't. My brother-in-law works there as well, which is partly the reason why i got the job in the first place. Plus, I have previous factory experience for the position that I applied for, so that helped, too. I started on 2nd shift (3p-11p) but right now for 6 weeks they've moved me to train on 1st shift (7a-3p) for a Minors Operator position. Basically all I do is add the ingredients that go into the meat. Pretty cool, and now I'm up to $17.40 an hour.

We finally got a house (me and my parents) and we're moving out sometime in May. I'm glad because I'm sick of the ignorant neighbors we have, plus now we finally get to start putting our money towards actually owning a house instead of paying some jab rent. It's a great feeling, and the house is pretty awesome too. I mean, the kitchen is in the basement! My girlfriend will be moving with us and she's going to be bringing her 4-year-old daughter down with her, so I'm excited. It's definitely going to be different for me and I know some things will change with her kid being around but I don't think it'll be that bad. I'm looking forward to it, something I thought I'd never imagine. She didn't want her daughter going to school anywhere in New York, so that's the main reason why she's coming down, plus her family up there is just ridiculous and she doesn't want to really deal with them.

So yep, that's about it. It's a lot busier than it seems, but with the house, moving, figuring out what we're going to be doing with the house, and now my new job, I feel so overwhelmed. I have a 4-day weekend for Easter and this is the first real time I've had a chance to relax since I started my job. Feels great though, especially when I look at my bank account!

13. Theazninvasion68

Congrats and applause for you, Good sir. Doing productive things is quite rewarding.

Remember, when it ever gets to be a drag, it's okay. Trust me, It's okay. If it aint your way, it'll be fine. If it's going great, keep making some new goals or bigger. ;)

:D

14. Jordan

Jordan Secret Robot

gah. thought things were looking up.

so today i was hanging out with my girlfriend for the first time in a couple weeks, and everything was going great. Then i go in to kiss her and she stops me. I let go at first, but later after several failed attempts i ask her what's wrong. Eventually she talks to me and breaks up with me, tells me she just sees me as a friend blah blah. So at this point i'm pretty fucking disappointed. Eventually she leaves.

Then i get home, go on msn, start talking to my friends. It's all okay, but then one of them goes "did you know about ned?" or something similar, Ned being one of my better friends. A few minutes/confirmations later it turns out she's with Ned, no idea how long for. But Ned says nothing to me later, just asks me if some band are good. So i'm feel pretty fucking offended.

So yeah. Lost my girlfriend and one of my best friends in the space of an hour :/. fuck that.

15. Twizted

Twizted Guest

To put it simply.. I'm going in for my very first job interview on Monday and I am totally freaking out. It's one of those situations where I've never had an interview for an actual job (outside of the family business), and I really want this if given the chance. But I know I'm going to totally bomb the interview because of my poor people skills.

Oh, and did I mention that more then half the job involves working with people on a daily basis? I don't know what I am going to do.

16. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

OmG! We're on the same situation this Monday except I'll have my final interview but same feeling I'm totally freaking out. Well it isn't my first time, it's actually my second time. The first time was totally taumatic I guess. Haha. Not the worst though but I was actually on my final interview and boom! I wasn't in. This is what I learn from the previous fail interview...try searching about the company you're applying at and try practicing what you're goin to say. I know these are just simple reminders but I do think it would really help esp. that 75% of the whole interview would be like fire in hell you're feeling. I totally understand why the first job I was applying was totally failure coz first and foremost i dont know what the company really is(yea! stupid me..lol) and secondly, i wasn't ready for possible hard questions they would give. You know the feeling of being so overcondifent with yourself that you think you'll be hired right away..yea, I was like that. Just be prepared and don't forget to smile in front of the interviewer. BTW maybe this would be a great oppurtunity for you to be open to other people and who knows right, maybe it could help your anxiety issues in terms of interacting with other people. Well, goodluck to you! :D

17. Theazninvasion68

Working with people in inevitable with almost ANY job. You'll be okay developing people skills.

Just a few key things; though broad, they'll be up to you to get.

You'll need Confidence, Knowledge, and a Good Attitude

With those, I can say that if they don't pick you, then you've done your best. :) But people who've done a great job having an interview done for them, should also put some input. I've never been in one... Just been the interviewer, now interviewee. :lol:

And again, be thankful for the interviewer to come talk to you. It's hard on them to do an interview, and if you make it easy for them, you'll be better off.

18. Arlene

Arlene Oh what tangled webs we weave LPA Super Member

Where are you applying?

19. Twizted

Twizted Guest

Wow, you've been the interviewer without having to be an interviewee? That's.. interesting. :lol: The confidence thing is one of my main issues, because while I want the job and I know one person there seems to think I could do it, I'm always miss negative about everything, so yeah. Not especially good for a situation like this, I know.
    If I can manage to pull it off, the best method that I've heard is to go into it not expecting to get it in the end and try to just "chat" without the weight on my shoulders. If only I can remember to do that.

I feel like a moron though because I've been volunteering at this place for just a couple months and I'm fine with all the other people that work there (now, it took me a few days with each of them) except the person who will be doing the interview. So it isn't a completely blind interview as far as the place/job description/daily duties, but it's just the whole interview process with said interviewer that is really getting me. I know people have had much, much worse and I should consider myself lucky with what advantages I have, but damn. Doesn't make it any less stressful.

@ _cam_: Thanks for the advice. Even though I haven't even had my first yet, I have a feeling it's something that will never not be nerve racking and stressful. Which really sucks. :lol: Good luck on Monday!

@ Arlene: If you don't mind, I will pm you. I know I'm weird but since it's such a specific job I'd just like to not announce it publicly, y'know?

Thanks again for all the advice everyone. We'll have to see how it goes.

20. Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

My boyfriend, basically fiance, is cheating on me... It is a girl in another state who he rarely sees, but that doesn't change the fact.

Our four year anniversary is in a little over a month...

I feel awful...